The New Official BLEvo Thread

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hallo, ich habe einen neuen 700Wh Akku erstanden.
Wieso zeigt er 720Wh im Batteriemonitor an ???
Ist das Normal? 20Watt extra wäre ja nicht schlecht...

View attachment 109746
I saw that in some batteries the value given is greater than 700wh... I should check if I can understand where is the configuration..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi, can I destrict my speed limits using Blevo? My bike is Kenevo 2018 gen1 with 7.1.1 firmware аnd battery firm A.21.B ?

View attachment 110975
This is an old model of the Levo/Kenevo without the TCU, so maybe you can unlock the speed for this bike with BLEvo... you cannot use Levociraptor on these bikes..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hello over there ;)

just out of curiosity: Every single day I wonder why my ride statistics always report these kind of strange looking (at least for me) % values for remaining battery capacity and consumption. Maybe someone can explain the displayed values to me ...

As an example the values BLEvo showed today:
- Start: 100 % (696 Wh) (remark: played around with the light a bit on yesterday evening)
- End: 72 % (496 Wh)
- Consumed: 34 % (200 Wh)

First of all: If we take the nominal 700 Wh as a basis, 496 Wh would not correspond to 72 % but 67.0 %.
First thought, BLEvo may take the starting 696 Wh value as 100 % - which would of course still not be 72 % but 71 % , but it would at least be close. Nevertheless, I seem to be wrong, as yesterday's example shows (follows below),
However, I found no way to end up at 34 % for the consumed 200 Wh.
For me, 200 Wh equals a consumption of either 28.57 % (based on the total of 700 Wh) or 28.74 (based on 696 Wh) ...
OTOH: If we take 200 Wh as 34 %, this would mean 100 % ≘ 588 Wh ... does this appear strange to only me ...?

Things get even stranger if I start my ride with less than 100 % battery. Yesterday's values:
- Start: 40 % (279 Wh)
- End: 24 % (161 Wh)
- Consumed: 23 % (118 Wh)
My thoughts:
- 40 % ≘ 279 Wh => 100 % ≘ 697,5 Wh - looks pretty fine, but falsifies today's assumption,
BLEvo may use the start battery level as basis
- 24 % ≘ 161 Wh => 100 % ≘ 670.83 Wh ... ahem, already missing 27 Wh, am I? 23 % would at least be closer to 696 Wh
- 23 % ≘ 118 Wh => 100 % ≘ 513 Wh ...?!? I have absolutely no clue, where these 23 % may come from ...

Am I missing s/th or is BLEvo just guessing the percentages ...? ;)

View attachment 116454 View attachment 116455
The very strange thing is that the consumed battery is not the "Start" - "End" battery.
BLEvo reads the values from the battery and report it..
Maybe I have to check the CSV file to understand better..
Can you send it to [email protected] with copy/paste of this message?
Thanks.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I won't post a link here but there is at least one reputable how to guide on side loading apps on the Karoo out there. Seems pretty straightforward like any android device. I'm not sure how great the experience would be since it does not appear the Karoo can operate in landscape mode. The fairly narrow form factor of the screen would probably not be the best but if you really need the Karoo functionality with Blevo as well it should work. Please try it out and report back.
I found the link where explain how to use another App on Karoo device. I think it is not so difficult to do..
I use the King Kong 2 mini in Portrait mode and it is not so bad, so maybe also Karoo device can be good.. Maybe the screen is too small (3.2" vs 4")..

1687106757801.png

1687106786480.png

FSR

Oct 18, 2021
DE, Stuttgart Region
I get the same error message like xiaochew sent in his post on about every second start of BLEvo (no Levociraptor, hence no barometer settings).
Unfortunately, it is not deterministic: Sometimes I even try to force it by pressing [Bike Monitor] very quick after getting outside, but even then it "just" happens half of the times - and on other days there are even minutes between BLEvo app start and press of [Bike Monitor], and the message appears anyhow ... strange. And the demanded files are most definitely there. As the fact that on the other half of days the message does not appear ... don't get why ...

Any suggestion?

BushLevo

Subscriber
Oct 11, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
Hi Paolo,

I've detected a really weird problem with the way BLEVo is recording elapsed distances in the FIT and CSV files. It is an intermittent and random problem occuring in only a few records of each file. See screen shot of CSV below:

1687143509269.png

Notice how some records have duplicated the previous elapsed distance even though I was travelling at significant speed. The timestamps, speeds, GPS co-ordinates (and other data) are all correct, but not the distances. For example, at 50km/hr the distance from 10232m should have incremented about 14m to 10246m, not remained the same. It tnen corrects itself on the next record, but stops again for 1 more record, and so on.

My equipment is:
Bike: 2019 Turbo Levo standard TCU (all latest Battery, TCU and Motor firmware)
BLEVo: version 3.12.4.596
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9+

I've gone back through all my ride files and found this started at BLEVo ver 3.11.0 Version 3.10.0 and prior are all o.k. using the same bike and phone.

I found this problem accidentally when viewing the Speed profile after importing the FIT file into RideWithGPS...it produces wild spikes in speed where these errors occur.

I also ride with a Garmin Edge 1030 paired with the ANT+ sensors in the bike and none of these errors are present in those FIT files.

This is probably a tough problem to resolve, and not a huge problem, but I wished to make you aware of it.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I get the same error message like xiaochew sent in his post on about every second start of BLEvo (no Levociraptor, hence no barometer settings).
Unfortunately, it is not deterministic: Sometimes I even try to force it by pressing [Bike Monitor] very quick after getting outside, but even then it "just" happens half of the times - and on other days there are even minutes between BLEvo app start and press of [Bike Monitor], and the message appears anyhow ... strange. And the demanded files are most definitely there. As the fact that on the other half of days the message does not appear ... don't get why ...

Any suggestion?
Please remove any calibration of the DEM. In the pictures posted, there is the calibration with DEM activated..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi Paolo,

I've detected a really weird problem with the way BLEVo is recording elapsed distances in the FIT and CSV files. It is an intermittent and random problem occuring in only a few records of each file. See screen shot of CSV below:

View attachment 118193

Notice how some records have duplicated the previous elapsed distance even though I was travelling at significant speed. The timestamps, speeds, GPS co-ordinates (and other data) are all correct, but not the distances. For example, at 50km/hr the distance from 10232m should have incremented about 14m to 10246m, not remained the same. It tnen corrects itself on the next record, but stops again for 1 more record, and so on.

My equipment is:
Bike: 2019 Turbo Levo standard TCU (all latest Battery, TCU and Motor firmware)
BLEVo: version 3.12.4.596
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9+

I've gone back through all my ride files and found this started at BLEVo ver 3.11.0 Version 3.10.0 and prior are all o.k. using the same bike and phone.

I found this problem accidentally when viewing the Speed profile after importing the FIT file into RideWithGPS...it produces wild spikes in speed where these errors occur.

I also ride with a Garmin Edge 1030 paired with the ANT+ sensors in the bike and none of these errors are present in those FIT files.

This is probably a tough problem to resolve, and not a huge problem, but I wished to make you aware of it.
The distance is get from the bike. If the data is not updated means that the bike doesn't send the distance. To avoid the issue you can use the GPS data in the configuration menu..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
A few days ago I released version 3.12.5 of BLEvo for Android.
Here the changes introduced
- Added audio message for enabling/disabling Crash detection (very useful for understanding when to put the bike down without activating the crash detection)
- Added audio prompt for high power (>900 watts). Very useful to understand when you have problems with the second battery
- Updated Ant+ library to 3.9.0 for compatibility with Android 13
- Bugfix: Corrected altimetry graphic display with GPX details
- Various bugfixes.
Attached is the altimetry graph to follow during the tour

Screenshot_20230627-183727.png

Redd

Jul 13, 2023
USA
I found the link where explain how to use another App on Karoo device. I think it is not so difficult to do..
I use the King Kong 2 mini in Portrait mode and it is not so bad, so maybe also Karoo device can be good.. Maybe the screen is too small (3.2" vs 4")..

View attachment 118145
View attachment 118146
Hey, i'm a brand new specialized owner (just bought a kenevo expert), and was getting my setup all dialed in. Really love the blevo app (thank you for this!), and wanted to do something exactly like you have your pics. Could I just ask you a 2 quick questions (went through so many pages of these threads and couldnt find).

I bought the king king pro mini 2 pro yesterday (most recent one, screen pixels better than king kong mini 3). I plan on running the BLEvo on it, using the gen3 levociraptor as a barometer and my epix 2 garmin watch as the HRM.

I was wondering -
What mount do you have? Assuming it is Quad Lock but wanted to confirm
Is there anything you'd do differently?

BruceJR

Jun 16, 2022
USA West
For my android phone I use a stick on garmin adapter. Mainly because I already have a bunch of garmin mounts. Quad Lock is certainly a good option too.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hey, i'm a brand new specialized owner (just bought a kenevo expert), and was getting my setup all dialed in. Really love the blevo app (thank you for this!), and wanted to do something exactly like you have your pics. Could I just ask you a 2 quick questions (went through so many pages of these threads and couldnt find).

I bought the king king pro mini 2 pro yesterday (most recent one, screen pixels better than king kong mini 3). I plan on running the BLEvo on it, using the gen3 levociraptor as a barometer and my epix 2 garmin watch as the HRM.

I was wondering -
What mount do you have? Assuming it is Quad Lock but wanted to confirm
Is there anything you'd do differently?
There are some picture and link here

oldfox

Jul 5, 2018
FRG
Hello.
Does the Levociraptor Gen3 also work in a Specialized Tero with Mastermind TCD? The green plug is hidden above the battery in the frame. Installation should be easy. If I remove the upper bracket of the battery, I can reach the connector very easily.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hello.
Does the Levociraptor Gen3 also work in a Specialized Tero with Mastermind TCD? The green plug is hidden above the battery in the frame. Installation should be easy. If I remove the upper bracket of the battery, I can reach the connector very easily.
If you see the green connector I think Levociraptor will work correctly with the Tero bike...
Please contact at [email protected] for more details..

VladimirC

Jan 15, 2021
Slovenia
Hello
I changed my phone from Google Pixel 3 to Pixel 6. Old phone has damaged screen, I can not unlock it, therefore transfer of applications to new phone was done at service. They transferred Blevo application to new phone, and I got Blevo datafiles on USB drive. I transfered these data to the directory BLevo, but when I start BLevo application it does not see the old data. I also tried to copy files to Android/data/com.dopa.android.blevo/files, but no success. It seems that new rides are stored in this directory. I see them in application, but i can not see the old rides.
Any idea what to do to see also the old data.?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hello
I changed my phone from Google Pixel 3 to Pixel 6. Old phone has damaged screen, I can not unlock it, therefore transfer of applications to new phone was done at service. They transferred Blevo application to new phone, and I got Blevo datafiles on USB drive. I transfered these data to the directory BLevo, but when I start BLevo application it does not see the old data. I also tried to copy files to Android/data/com.dopa.android.blevo/files, but no success. It seems that new rides are stored in this directory. I see them in application, but i can not see the old rides.
Any idea what to do to see also the old data.?
In the old phone maybe the data was stored under /BLEvo/..
You can try to copy all the files inside this folder on the new phone..

VladimirC

Jan 15, 2021
Slovenia
Paolo thanks for reply. Yes in the old phone data were stored in /BLEvo/ directory Copying data there worked when I changed my phone from Samsung to Pixel 3 a couple of years ago. Transition was smooth without any problems.... But now no success. I bought phone from the same producer to have less problems with transition :(

Screenshot_20230830-083937.png

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Paolo thanks for reply. Yes in the old phone data were stored in /BLEvo/ directory Copying data there worked when I changed my phone from Samsung to Pixel 3 a couple of years ago. Transition was smooth without any problems.... But now no success. I bought phone from the same producer to have less problems with transition :(

View attachment 123638
If the new phone is running Android 12 or later, the folder is not the same... you can see the new folder under "GPX Import" menu...

Sparkydave

Aug 7, 2018
Derbyshire, UK
Hi. Apologies if this has been asked before.

Have a gen1 Kenevo and bought a spare battery. Blevo on my phone wouldn't pick up the bike with the 2nd battery installed. Loaded Blevo on another phone and it found the bike with the 2nd battery.

The 2nd phone won't find the bike when the 1st battery is installed.

I want to just use one phone, is this possible?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi. Apologies if this has been asked before.

Have a gen1 Kenevo and bought a spare battery. Blevo on my phone wouldn't pick up the bike with the 2nd battery installed. Loaded Blevo on another phone and it found the bike with the 2nd battery.

The 2nd phone won't find the bike when the 1st battery is installed.

I want to just use one phone, is this possible?
Yes you can use the same phone..
You should scan for new bike when you change the battery.
Please take care that evenif the battery is switched off, BLEvo will find it so it is better to give the name to the battery..

fgiraffe

Sep 24, 2023
California, USA
Apple Watch cannot send the heart rate in real time to avoid to high battery consumption

I'm confused by this. The Peloton indoor exercise bike (which is actually run on an Android device) reads HR from an Apple Watch in real time just fine. No bad watch battery drain.

So the current state is:
BLEvo iOS cannot read Apple Watch HR.
Specialized Mastermind iOS cannot read Apple Watch HR.
WorkOutDoors Apple Watch app can use Apple Watch HR, but cannot read the power/cadence/speed from the 2022 old style Specialized Mastermind.

It's very frustrating we have all these fantastic devices but the hardware mfgs make it so difficult for the software developers!

What BT protocol does the older (2022) Specialized Mastermind device on bike use to transmit power/cadence/speed?

capposteve

Subscriber
Aug 29, 2023
Cornwall
Hi, not a Blevo question so I apologize but does anyone know if it's possible to change the PRAXIS cranks to ones with a smaller Q-Factor ?
The 182mm Q-factor is 30mm wider than my road bike and my knees hurt after long rides on my CREO SL.

THANKS Better off starting a new thread as this has nothing to do with this thread.

capposteve

Subscriber
Aug 29, 2023
Cornwall
I'm confused by this. The Peloton indoor exercise bike (which is actually run on an Android device) reads HR from an Apple Watch in real time just fine. No bad watch battery drain.

So the current state is:
BLEvo iOS cannot read Apple Watch HR.
Specialized Mastermind iOS cannot read Apple Watch HR.
WorkOutDoors Apple Watch app can use Apple Watch HR, but cannot read the power/cadence/speed from the 2022 old style Specialized Mastermind.

It's very frustrating we have all these fantastic devices but the hardware mfgs make it so difficult for the software developers!

What BT protocol does the older (2022) Specialized Mastermind device on bike use to transmit power/cadence/speed?
i did a post on this only a day or 2 ago. My fix for this was to use the specialized mission control app. As the mastermind allows for a HR monitor to be added (used a chest garmin one) and this seems to be the only way to store all parameters on one app.

mfgrep

Jun 19, 2023
Kansas City
Yes you can use the same phone..
You should scan for new bike when you change the battery.
Please take care that evenif the battery is switched off, BLEvo will find it so it is better to give the name to the battery..

Paulo I am loving your app without problems/issues for 3+ months, however, I have a problem that I cannot resolve. I hope you can assist.

I have been using BLevo consistently without problems and rely on it exclusively during my rides.
I am familiar with importing .GPX files for routes as needed and enjoy the feature.
I recently, instead if importing a .GPX file/route, clicked "Re-Ride this Ride" in order to repeat a recent route....it worked perfectly.
Since that time, each/every time I begin a new ride by going to Bike Montior > Start Ride .....BLevo will overlay that same route that I had "re-ridden" days ago and I CANNOT GET RID OF IT.
So now....each time that I begin a new/fresh ride BLevo is overlaying that route. I have checked inside my Configuration > Import GPX and download maps and none of "my rides" are checked, however, I CAN STILL see the red outline of that same route which just automatically loads each/ever time I start a new/fresh ride.

Help!!

STK

Apr 23, 2019
San Diego
Using BLEvo for years 🙏🏼 on my 2019 Kenevo Gen 1 with an iPhone 6 Plus. It’s no longer updated by Apple and can’t get my rides to upload to Strava anymore. The authorize screen bounces back and forth from BLEvo to Strava and back. Any work around?

Nickolp1974

Jul 30, 2019
Louth lincs
Hi all, new to BLEvo and a gen3 levo(arrived yesterday), looks like a great app so thanks Paulo. Quick question though as theres a lot of pages!! My bike is updated to all latest firmwares. I have a garmin 530, can i use the HRM strap with blevo?? if i can whats the process i need to follow to get it to work? are there any tweaks i can do? can a slight speed increase be attained via the app???

edit: got the static bpm yesterday, nothing today just connected, tried strava and same there, tried a new battery but no idea how old it is. Just a garmin product compatibility issue??

Last edited:

STK

Apr 23, 2019
San Diego
Using BLEvo for years 🙏🏼 on my 2019 Kenevo Gen 1 with an iPhone 6 Plus. It’s no longer updated by Apple and can’t get my rides to upload to Strava anymore. The authorize screen bounces back and forth from BLEvo to Strava and back. Any work around?
I’ll answer my own question. I was able to load an older version of Strava and now BLEvo will upload rides again to Strava.

IMG_1773.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles