Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimmoi

Jul 6, 2018
Finland
If i use Levociraptor and set wheelsize at BLevo is the wheelsize "correct" from that moment on regardless is BLevo in use or not?
I mean does BLevo has to be active when riding with Velociraptor?
And is there IOS-app for Velociraptor? Or just Android?

Last edited:

Goste

Oct 20, 2020
Lincolnshire
Can I use Blevo with more than 1 bike... I have 2 Levo HT 2021 and Blevo works fine with my original one. But the latest bike doesn't show when Blevo is scanning... is there a way to add it ?

maxx

Dec 17, 2020
Can I use Blevo with more than 1 bike... I have 2 Levo HT 2021 and Blevo works fine with my original one. But the latest bike doesn't show when Blevo is scanning... is there a way to add it ?
You must pair the new bike with the phone and add it to BLEvo using the settings menu. Do it with the old bike turned off! This way, both MC and BLEvo will connect with the two bikes separately.

mmasr

Feb 7, 2021
Gerona, Spain
Hi Paolo,
I am using BLEVO for Android with my Levo Comp 2021 since October 2020.
Such a great app! Congrats!

But for navigation I am using other app because the accuracy of total elevation is nearly 40% more. I have DEM files installed and my phone doesn’t have barometer. Instant elevation is pretty accurate.

I am now considering to buy levociraptor and I have some doubts:

- Barometer included will increase the accuracy?
- speed change will affect to total bike kms in mission Control Odometer? If yes, it will cause that my bike will be “older” than reality in case I would like to sold in the future.

Thanks for your help and once more, congrats for this amazing app!

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden
You can use dem files with Blevo also if you like. When I used various garmin devices with barometer it was not better than gps on the long run.

robespana

Jun 21, 2021
Spain
You can use dem files with Blevo also if you like. When I used various garmin devices with barometer it was not better than gps on the long run.

I'm using the Levociraptor + BLEvo + DEM files and find the elevation to be more accurate than my old Garmin 510.

Strava however is using its own algorithm and screw's up big time..!

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
If i use Levociraptor and set wheelsize at BLevo is the wheelsize "correct" from that moment on regardless is BLevo in use or not?
I mean does BLevo has to be active when riding with Velociraptor?
And is there IOS-app for Velociraptor? Or just Android?
Levociraptor doesn't require BLEvo running.. BLEvo is useful only if you want to record the ride with correct speed and distance values...

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi Paolo,
I am using BLEVO for Android with my Levo Comp 2021 since October 2020.
Such a great app! Congrats!

But for navigation I am using other app because the accuracy of total elevation is nearly 40% more. I have DEM files installed and my phone doesn’t have barometer. Instant elevation is pretty accurate.

I am now considering to buy levociraptor and I have some doubts:

- Barometer included will increase the accuracy?

Yes, sure. BLEvo will use only the barometer of the Gen2. If you have also the DEM, BLEvo will calibrate automatically the barometer with the DEM

- speed change will affect to total bike kms in mission Control Odometer? If yes, it will cause that my bike will be “older” than reality in case I would like to sold in the future.

Yes, the Odometer will be less than the reality, so your bike will be "newer" than reality.. :p

Thanks for your help and once more, congrats for this amazing app!

Thanks.. ?

mmasr

Feb 7, 2021
Gerona, Spain
Yes, sure. BLEvo will use only the barometer of the Gen2. If you have also the DEM, BLEvo will calibrate automatically the barometer with the DEM

Yes, the Odometer will be less than the reality, so your bike will be "newer" than reality.. :p

Thanks..

Thanks Pablo.
Levociraptor ordered and I will post my experience the soonest.

mmasr

Feb 7, 2021
Gerona, Spain
Hi @PaoloBLEvo
today I've tested with a 45km +1200 ride the levociraptor and Blevo.
I am a little bit disapointed, because one of the main point why I bought it was because the elevation was allways higher than the real.
As I mention before in a previous post, I have DEM installed and instant elevation is allways correct but total elevation is 40% higher.

And today, the same! Total elevation shown by the Blevo is 1700 and file exported to strava shown 1200 (the right one). Do you know what can it be?

By other hand I noticed that the reaction of Smart Power with Levociraptor installed is impessive. There is a huge improvement!

Thanks for your help.

mmasr

Feb 7, 2021
Gerona, Spain
Hi @PaoloBLEvo
I am a little bit disapointed, because one of the main point why I bought it was because the elevation was allways higher than the real.
As I mention before in a previous post, I have DEM installed and instant elevation is allways correct but total elevation is 40% higher.

And today, the same! Total elevation shown by the Blevo is 1700 and file exported to strava shown 1200 (the right one). Do you know what can it be?

By other hand I noticed that the reaction of Smart Power with Levociraptor installed is impessive. There is a huge improvement!

Thanks for your help.

Nobody with same issue?

robespana

Jun 21, 2021
Spain
Nobody with same issue?

I have DEM files + Levociraptor but the vertical height meters in BLEvo are much higher !

I did a 63km yesterday.

My Garmin Fenix 6X says 917m
BLEvo says 1220m
OSMand+ says 988m
Strava route BUILDER 1020m

When I UPLOAD the BLevo file to Strava it goes from 1220m to 1600m.

They all have the maximum start altitude around 1545m and going down to minimum 719m correct !

I don't know which one is correct but I think OSMand+ and the Strava route BUILDER are correct....my Garmin 6X watch is close but BLEvo is overestimating 20% I would say ?

I've seen that BLEvo has more ascend DURING the ride...AND the maximum grade % is NOT correct because it says that I did 27-30% grade today !
No way... maximum 12-13%

There is no 30% hill here so why does BLEvo say so ?

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Hi Paolo,
Long time no speak! Hope you are okay in this crazy world we live in.
I have a request for the voice notifications/alerts, it is possible to add motor temperature and battery temperature?
Hi @PaoloBLEvo have you had a chance to add the voice alert for motor temperature and battery temperature for Android yet?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi @PaoloBLEvo

Thanks for your help.
Ok thanks for the report...
But did you disable the DEM for ascend calculation?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I have DEM files + Levociraptor but the vertical height meters in BLEvo are much higher !

I did a 63km yesterday.

My Garmin Fenix 6X says 917m
BLEvo says 1220m
OSMand+ says 988m
Strava route BUILDER 1020m

When I UPLOAD the BLevo file to Strava it goes from 1220m to 1600m.

They all have the maximum start altitude around 1545m and going down to minimum 719m correct !

I don't know which one is correct but I think OSMand+ and the Strava route BUILDER are correct....my Garmin 6X watch is close but BLEvo is overestimating 20% I would say ?

I've seen that BLEvo has more ascend DURING the ride...AND the maximum grade % is NOT correct because it says that I did 27-30% grade today !
No way... maximum 12-13%

There is no 30% hill here so why does BLEvo say so ?
Maybe I will add some filter configuration in the Ascend calculation in order to minimize the error. It depends on the barometer use. Is the Levociraptor fixed inside the tube or it is free to move?

mmasr

Feb 7, 2021
Gerona, Spain

Here you are configuration I have. Is that correct?
IMG_1771.jpg

IMG_1770.png

TankCommander

Sep 17, 2021
Australia
Hello,

I have a couple of questions and a suggestion for BLEvo. Apologies if these has been asked before and I missed it when looking through the thread

I have one bike (Levo HT) and two batteries, the 400 that came with the bike and the 500 for extra capacity. (for the curious, if I want to go for a really long ride, being a hard tail (XL Size) I can strap the second battery to the crossbar with Velcro straps )

My first question is,

I find when changing the batteries its very difficult to get BLEvo to connect to the battery I just fitted, It still connects to the Old battery, even though its off. I try all sorts of things like exiting the app and restarting, turning on and off the battery, taking the other battery 100m away out of Bluetooth range, turning BT off and on, going into the setup and re-adding etc. After a while it does connect to the battery, but I can’t find a consistent, reliable way to do so.

If I load up Mission Control it has my two batteries listed and its straight forward to select the one I have installed and it connects.

Is there a way to easily connect to a different battery in BLEvo ? I’m using BLEvo 3.9.6, The battery firmware on the 401 is 12.33.10 and on the 504 its 10.33.10. The TCU is 1.7.0.

Second question is

I’m also a bit confused by these battery firmware’s as the BLEvo manual refers to x.3, x.4, x.23, x.22, x.18, x.19, do I have x.3 firmware being 10.33 and 12.33 ? BLEvo also reports my 401 battery as being 423wh – I’m not complaining if it is!

My suggestion is

Can I get BLEvo to announce my battery status as it drops. I like to have BLEvo in my pocket and listen to the announcements and it would be good to know when the battery gets to certain points. So something like ‘Announce battery status every 5%’ or some other figure would be great.

Thanks so much for a great app, I love my HT, and this app just adds so much extra love!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles