Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
With many members now using BLEvo I thought that we could use this thread for all discussion, FAQ etc on it.

Great that we have the developer of BLEvo @PaoloBLEvo now registered to answer any questions or to give feedback to. Welcome Paolo and thanks for joining.

unnamed.png

Last edited:

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
very cool welcome Paolo brilliant app, I am still using firmware ver 22 and getting all the benefits of BLEvo so @PaoloBLEvo can you explain what we will actually loose by upgrading to firmware ver 23 please

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
very cool welcome Paolo brilliant app, I am still using firmware ver 22 and getting all the benefits of BLEvo so @PaoloBLEvo can you explain what we will actually loose by upgrading to firmware ver 23 please
Nothing... Why you think that with new firmware something will be loose?
I think what is "missing" in the new firmware x.23 is the CM=0 behaviour, but you can find other better behaviour of the motor.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Welcome @PaoloBLEvo!!!
any chances you also develop the BLEvo app for Garmin, through Connect IQ?
I would pay for it ;), as I don’t like a bulky device like my iphone on the handlebars.

You don't need to use the phone on the handle bar..
The phone can stay in the bag on in the pocket.
If you have a Garmin you can continue to use it.
With BLEvo connected to the bike and the phone put on the bag, you can use the voice messages, the Smart Power and Smart HR functionalities, without any problem.

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
I think what is "missing" in the new firmware x.23 is the CM=0 behaviour, but you can find other better behaviour of the motor.
Yes that was my point i just been out riding with ver 23 and set up with mission control infiniate tune but monitor bike with BLEvo so now feels just like zeus bug and is very smooth feels like 0 cm to me but now setting peak power lower you get less assistance with ver 22 setting cm lower you get more smooth feeling. Is that correct

npatrix

May 22, 2018
Joburg, South Africa
You don't need to use the phone on the handle bar..
The phone can stay in the bag on in the pocket.
If you have a Garmin you can continue to use it.
With BLEvo connected to the bike and the phone put on the bag, you can use the voice messages, the Smart Power and Smart HR functionalities, without any problem.
Thanks Paolo didn’t knew that!
Congrats on your app, looks great and a lot of great feedback here in the forum!

Another burning question, can BLEvo void specialized warranty?

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
Also what is lost for some people is the motor punch of race setting acceleration some didnt like that but also some did some of our members have complained about that being lost at least with ver 22 you could have both the beutiful smooth of BLEvo or the punch of mission control

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi Paolo and welcome I am on new firmware and wondering if BLEvo will be fully functional on iOS soon hopefully so as I loved the app on old firmware
Regards
Shane
Yesterday evening I release the ios version for new firmware x.23...
As I already said, I think what is "missing" in the new firmware x.23 is the CM=0 behaviour, but you can find other better behaviour of the motor.

c.tonus

Jun 12, 2018
Brazil
Hi Paolo, congratulations to the application !! I can suggest, if it is that you are not looking for these functionalities
1- toned heart rate of the apple watch
2- app for apple watch that we can have the panel with monitored data, battery, etc in the watch

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi Paolo, congratulations to the application !! I can suggest, if it is that you are not looking for these functionalities
1- toned heart rate of the apple watch
2- app for apple watch that we can have the panel with monitored data, battery, etc in the watch

Thanks..
For heart rate from Apple Watch I'm studying a solution.. but I don't know when it will be available..
For Apple Watch monitor, I don't think that I will implement..sorry, but I'm developing in my free time..
Thanks for understand me.

Cyclone

May 10, 2018
It states in the other thread from info that Rob posted and the actual patch notes that the bike gave an "irregular" level of power which some riders felt was unnatural ans unsafe (unpredictable). So they removed it.

Essentially, if you are in race mode, close to the edge of a cliff, race mode "could" give you more than you expected and out you in a dangerous position.

HEnce in my opinion, this means the firmware update contained a "safety" update and should be mandatory and free.

I'll go grab the link to where they stare this, but rob posted it in the other thread.

Mission control thread page 14

"Accelerometer sensitivity

This parameter is no longer present in Mission Control 1.2 because the "Race" setting may have an effect that was perceived by many drivers as irregular engine support. To prevent this effect, the parameter is now fixed to "Eco".

The following graphics explain the difference between the old setting and the new Infinite Tune options. They also visualize the effects of adjustments on support and peak performance in trail mode."

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
It states in the other thread from info that Rob posted and the actual patch notes that the bike gave an "irregular" level of power which some riders felt was unnatural ans unsafe (unpredictable). So they removed it.

Essentially, if you are in race mode, close to the edge of a cliff, race mode "could" give you more than you expected and out you in a dangerous position.

HEnce in my opinion, this means the firmware update contained a "safety" update and should be mandatory and free.

I'll go grab the link to where they stare this, but rob posted it in the other thread.

Mission control thread page 14

"Accelerometer sensitivity

This parameter is no longer present in Mission Control 1.2 because the "Race" setting may have an effect that was perceived by many drivers as irregular engine support. To prevent this effect, the parameter is now fixed to "Eco".

The following graphics explain the difference between the old setting and the new Infinite Tune options. They also visualize the effects of adjustments on support and peak performance in trail mode."

Thanks for your clarification. If you could post the link would be better..
Thanks again..

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Hi Paolo,

I have just purchased your App and I am following your suggested guidelines so I don’t void my warranty.

Your App really is far superior to the Mission Control App ?????. Why they do not have a heart rate monitor function in Mission Control in my opinion is crazy especially when they have a built in Power meter.... ?

In the statistics for a completed ride that your App displays I see Average heart and Maximum heart rate which is perfect for me.

I also see,
Average cadence on ECO, TRAIL and TURBO
Average Biker Power on ECO, TRAIL and TURBO
Average Motor Power on ECO, TRAIL and TURBO

I have a question for you.
As I am not a developer I do not know how difficult it would be for you to add the following:

Maximum cadence on ECO, TRAIL and TURBO
Maximum Biker Power on ECO, TRAIL and TURBO
Maximum Motor Power on ECO, TRAIL and TURBO

Is adding the above 3 items possible in a future update?

SteveVentoux

Patreon
May 13, 2018
Bucks
Quick question if I may...can you run Strava in the background to record a ride whilst having BLEvo as the main screen on an Android device, or would that interfere/conflict with GPS recording ?

Thanks!

Steve.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Quick question if I may...can you run Strava in the background to record a ride whilst having BLEvo as the main screen on an Android device, or would that interfere/conflict with GPS recording ?

Thanks!

Steve.
Yes you can run both BLEvo and Strava.. but why you need to run Strava? You can upload to Strava directly via BLEvo or with tcx file generated by BLEvo.. the information saved with BLEvo include also cadence and biker power...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles