When I upload to strava 1950mts

I get crazy!

Hi [mention]PaoloBLEvo [/mention]

Today I do the race with the new settings
Reality 1450mts
BLEvo 1650mts
When I upload to strava 1950mts

I get crazy!

Today test back to DEM and barometer disabled.

Real 51km +1300-1350mts
BLEvo 51 km +1358
BLEvo upload to strava 51km +1650
After applying strava altitud correction 51km +1310

Conclusion: better to use DEM instead of levociraptor barometer

Doubts: why strava screws up altitud?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I think for some reason Strava is sometimes miss interpreting data by FIT when uploaded directly from Blevo and increasing the altitude. This doesn't seem to happen all the time if you upload by TCX. However, I've found it uploads correctly if I export/download the FIT file from Blevo to my e-mail (for example) , download the file on a PC, then upload it into Strava here :

h t t p s://www.strava.com/upload/select - if the link doesn't work for you (without the spaces)

Go figure ! But at least you can get it to work properly with those two alternatives.

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hello,

I have a couple of questions and a suggestion for BLEvo. Apologies if these has been asked before and I missed it when looking through the thread

I have one bike (Levo HT) and two batteries, the 400 that came with the bike and the 500 for extra capacity. (for the curious, if I want to go for a really long ride, being a hard tail (XL Size) I can strap the second battery to the crossbar with Velcro straps )

My first question is,

I find when changing the batteries its very difficult to get BLEvo to connect to the battery I just fitted, It still connects to the Old battery, even though its off. I try all sorts of things like exiting the app and restarting, turning on and off the battery, taking the other battery 100m away out of Bluetooth range, turning BT off and on, going into the setup and re-adding etc. After a while it does connect to the battery, but I can’t find a consistent, reliable way to do so.

If I load up Mission Control it has my two batteries listed and its straight forward to select the one I have installed and it connects.

Is there a way to easily connect to a different battery in BLEvo ? I’m using BLEvo 3.9.6, The battery firmware on the 401 is 12.33.10 and on the 504 its 10.33.10. The TCU is 1.7.0.

Second question is

I’m also a bit confused by these battery firmware’s as the BLEvo manual refers to x.3, x.4, x.23, x.22, x.18, x.19, do I have x.3 firmware being 10.33 and 12.33 ? BLEvo also reports my 401 battery as being 423wh – I’m not complaining if it is!

My suggestion is

Can I get BLEvo to announce my battery status as it drops. I like to have BLEvo in my pocket and listen to the announcements and it would be good to know when the battery gets to certain points. So something like ‘Announce battery status every 5%’ or some other figure would be great.

Thanks so much for a great app, I love my HT, and this app just adds so much extra love!
Answer 1: even if the battery is switched off, the BLE module is active for 2 hours. So for connect the new battery you should go in Configuration->Scan for Bike->Select the new battery
Answer 2: The firmware x.33 is not yet handled.. I will release soon the updated version..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Today test back to DEM and barometer disabled.

Real 51km +1300-1350mts
BLEvo 51 km +1358
BLEvo upload to strava 51km +1650
After applying strava altitud correction 51km +1310

Conclusion: better to use DEM instead of levociraptor barometer

Doubts: why strava screws up altitud?
The barometer should be better, but I don't understand why, sometimes the result from the barometer is not so good.. Did you already fixed inside the tube?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I think for some reason Strava is sometimes miss interpreting data by FIT when uploaded directly from Blevo and increasing the altitude. This doesn't seem to happen all the time if you upload by TCX. However, I've found it uploads correctly if I export/download the FIT file from Blevo to my e-mail (for example) , download the file on a PC, then upload it into Strava here :

h t t p s://www.strava.com/upload/select - if the link doesn't work for you (without the spaces)

Go figure ! But at least you can get it to work properly with those two alternatives.
This is very strange for me... and I really don't understand why the upload should be different if done from BLEvo or from web site... very strange..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I released the new version 3.7.5 of BLEvo for iOS with the following news:

- Added compatibility with Levo 2018 and x33 firmware
- Added compatibility with new SLs
- Bugfix for displaying data in miles

Download the update from the Apple Store.
Enjoy your ride with BLEvo..

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
This is very strange for me... and I really don't understand why the upload should be different if done from BLEvo or from web site... very strange..
Hi Paolo,

Just been messing around with the same ride recorded in Strava and Blevo. Recorded In Strava, it looks like this (Xiaomi Redmi note 9) :

Strava.png

Recorded in Blevo and uploaded with "upload to Strava" : (quite jagged, altitude about 30% more than Strava)

blevo direct.png

Normally, if I then send the fit file to myself and upload it, that fixes it .. but today it's not - after a manual upload - it stayed the same :

Blevo Manual Fit.png

To make the problem more complicated - it doesn't always do it.

This was yesterday - recorded with Strava :

Screenshot 2021-09-28 13.20.59.png

Recorded and uploaded with Blevo : Slightly more jagged, but ride altitude was the same within 5 meters.

Screenshot 2021-09-28 13.22.15.png

A longer example from last week. Recorded altitudes were approximately the same with Strava and direct Blevo Upload despite jagged trace.

Strava direct :

Screenshot 2021-09-28 13.24.50.png

Blevo Direct :

Screenshot 2021-09-28 13.24.40.png

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi Paolo,

Just been messing around with the same ride recorded in Strava and Blevo. Recorded In Strava, it looks like this (Xiaomi Redmi note 9) :

View attachment 72566

Recorded in Blevo and uploaded with "upload to Strava" : (quite jagged, altitude about 30% more than Strava)

View attachment 72567

Normally, if I then send the fit file to myself and upload it, that fixes it .. but today it's not - after a manual upload - it stayed the same :

View attachment 72568

To make the problem more complicated - it doesn't always do it.

This was yesterday - recorded with Strava :

View attachment 72569

Recorded and uploaded with Blevo : Slightly more jagged, but ride altitude was the same within 5 meters.

View attachment 72570

A longer example from last week. Recorded altitudes were approximately the same with Strava and direct Blevo Upload despite jagged trace.

Strava direct :

View attachment 72571

Blevo Direct :

View attachment 72572
Thanks for the report...
I'm testing a new parameter called "Elevation gain sensitivity" where you can select higher or lower sensitivity than now...
Yesterday I tested and BLEvo reported 493m and Strava 492m with "medium" sensitivity. Now is set as default as "Medium-high" so with higher gain calculation...

mmasr

Feb 7, 2021
Gerona, Spain
Done! Fix it with Velcro. I will test next time and keep you informed

Today tested with Levociraptor fixed.
And looks it was the problem! .

Reality 35km and +1000
Wikiloc +991
BLEvo +998
BLEvo uploaded to Strava +1108 l
BLEvo uploaded and corrected from Strava +948

Another thing that’s improve a lot was instant grade! Now is real but with a little delay from the reality, I guess is due to this value is an average of some instant values. It also happens with Garmin but with less delay…

Thanks for your support [mention]PaoloBLEvo [/mention]

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I just released the version 3.10.0 of BLEvo for Android.
One of the important innovations introduced is the management of the data received by the Levociraptor Gen2 to be able to record the ride with BLEvo even if the new TCU MasterMind is used. BLEvo will only work in reading data, so the Smart Power cannot work. Furthermore, the ECO / TRAIL / TURBO assistance levels will not be identified, but only the assistance percentage will be detected.

Another important news is the possibility of calibrating the sensitivity of the ascent calculation, in order to optimize the calculation of the overall height difference at the end of the ride (the higher the sensitivity, the greater the calculated altitude difference).

Finally, now on the bike monitor page you can find a button to immediately reactivate the block at 25 km/h (it still requires a restart of the bike)

Here is the list of all the news:
- Added MasterMind management with Levociraptor Gen2
- Added current position in the GPX page
- Added configuration parameter for sensitivity of elevation calculation
- Added support for firmware version x.24 and x.33 for Levo 2018
- New SL 2.4.21 0.4.21 compatibility added
- Improved bluetooth connection
- Added button to disable unlocking directly on the bike monitor page
- Now the Gen2 barometer is calibrated as soon as it receives the data
- Added quality of GPS coverage in the report
- Bugfix: long audio messages were not queued (thanks to StefanoT for the report)
- Bugfix: display wh secondary battery consumed in the tour list
- CSV import bugfix with room temperature

Enjoy your ride with BLEvo

Here are the screenshots:

Screenshot_20210924-190423.png

Howz

Oct 12, 2019
Chester
I had Blevo installed on my HT and it worked great for unlocking the speed, I have recently purchased a 2019 carbon comp, I was under the impression that Blevo would not work to unlock the speed on this? However after playing about for a while with the speed re setting each time it has finally saved the settings below, does this mean it has worked? I have checked mission control and the wheel size reads 2000mm (I understand that it won’t read any lower)

Last edited:

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I had Blevo installed on my HT and it worked great for unlocking the speed, I have recently purchased a 2019 carbon comp, I was under the impression that Blevo would not work to unlock the speed on this? However after playing about for a while with the speed re setting each time it has finally saved the settings below, does this mean it has worked? I have checked mission control and the wheel size reads 2000mm (I understand that it won’t read any lower)

View attachment 73101 View attachment 73102
You have to buy something like Levociraptor...
Please check it on www.levociraptor.com

Kimmoi

Jul 6, 2018
Finland
Garmin Fenix 6 pro, BLevo and heart rate? Apperently that works, but only from wrist? This morning i had Garmin HRM Run belt with Fenix and that didn't worked. No heart rate to Blevo.
Just tested without riding a bike that when i don't have a belt BLevo finds heart rate from Fenix.

KrisFl

Mar 4, 2019
Leefdaal
Hi @PaoloBLEvo , I am using Blevo since 2019 on my Levo 2018 and it always worked very well! Today, I picked up my bike from my LBS as I got a new motor installed. And it seems I cannot change the speedlimit. Probably I am missing something. Can you help please? Thx, Kris

Screenshot_20211012-171623_BLEvo.jpg

Screenshot_20211012-171801.jpg

Screenshot_20211012-171811.jpg

Kimmoi

Jul 6, 2018
Finland
Garmin Fenix 6 pro, BLevo and heart rate? Apperently that works, but only from wrist? This morning i had Garmin HRM Run belt with Fenix and that didn't worked. No heart rate to Blevo.
Just tested without riding a bike that when i don't have a belt BLevo finds heart rate from Fenix.
Just for information:
Fenix 6 pro can send HRM Run ANT+ heart rate signal forward via bluetooth to BLevo. Just start the activity first at Fenix.
Tested this morning and it worked.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
You should use the "Virtual run" configuration on the Garmin to allow BLEvo to read the heart rate like a standard Bluetooth from the Garmin device

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi @PaoloBLEvo , I am using Blevo since 2019 on my Levo 2018 and it always worked very well! Today, I picked up my bike from my LBS as I got a new motor installed. And it seems I cannot change the speedlimit. Probably I am missing something. Can you help please? Thx, Kris

View attachment 73628

View attachment 73629

View attachment 73630
Maybe they close the possibility to change the max speed..
In any case please check your configuration.. I think you are not riding with a wheel size of 2100mm... I think it should be 2255mm for 27.5" or 2300mm for 29"..

FSR

Oct 18, 2021
DE, Stuttgart Region
Hello over here! ;)

First of all thanks to this great forum for all the valuable input I already got from here.
And of course *very* special thanks to Paolo for this wonderful piece of software. Really great stuff! (I esp. love Smart HR ;) ).
Nevertheless, I have a problem that is kind of annoying (and which is the main reason why I registered now).
Would be great if someone can perhaps give me a hint to solve it ...

So, nearly every time I start BLEvo's Bike monitor (on first try), I get the message:
"DEM/HGT files not found for this GPS location (...) The ride cannot start. File not found: N49E009.hgt"
But: This file exists. Among others. In "Main Storage/BLEvo/DEM".

During the first few weeks I then really restarted BLEvo, and on second start, the message did not appear again.
Meanwhile I ignore it, cause I got the impression, that it makes no difference ... even displaying the altitude graph of the current track seems to work pretty fine.

But uncertainty of course remains. And apart from that the message is a bit annoying, disturbing - and unsettling.

So, perhaps someone can tell me, why this (false) message appears, how to get around it, i. e. satisfy BLEvo ...?

Ths a lot in advance!

Last edited:

Kimmoi

Jul 6, 2018
Finland
BLevo IOS and Turbo Levo 2021, sometimes "motor" remains red, not connecting. Everything else works well.
What could cause this?

Kimmoi

Jul 6, 2018
Finland
You should use the "Virtual run" configuration on the Garmin to allow BLEvo to read the heart rate like a standard Bluetooth from the Garmin device
No, i just put the "send heart rate" on, during workout on Fenix.
It sends ANT+ belt signal forward to BLevon on bluetooth.
HRM Dual belt is better option; you dont have to share Fenix signal.
Dual sends ANT+ and bluetooth at the sametime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles