Blevo Smart settings thread

ebikeZA

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town
Hi

I know there is a blevo thread and it has a lot of information, Problems is there are hundreds of pages you need to get through to find random bits of information regarding he smart settings.

Could we have a thread that focuses just on this special feature of the blevo app being the smart power and smart HR as I feel this is the most useful feature for training on a ebike. ?

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
Hi

I know there is a blevo thread and it has a lot of information, Problems is there are hundreds of pages you need to get through to find random bits of information regarding he smart settings.

Could we have a thread that focuses just on this special feature of the blevo app being the smart power and smart HR as I feel this is the most useful feature for training on a ebike. ?
You will find the smart settings work on a algorithm that requires you to set peak power set on 100% in each mode. This is great to take in the benefits of smart power and legs power ect. It does not do so well when set like this for battery usage.
I have therefore set mine to 10-40% assist/ 35 pp in eco. 45-75 / 55 trail and 80-100 / 85 turbo. I have the legs power set to 160w with 160w in eco and trail and 120w in turbo.

ebikeZA

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town
Can I set just the one mode to use smart power.?
eco to use smart power 10-85% pp65 and the have trail and boost not use smart power?
so that way I can switch between smart power and say 15% on trail and 100% on boost when I want to conserv battery or floor it.
if I use smart HR and smart power which has preferenc?

you mention you set the power to 160w what is this Figure relating to? Human input or motor output?

i understand how the smart HR works, but I’m trying to get my head around the smart power

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
I don’t use the HR function
In smart power the legs power refers to the power you put in before it changes the assistance level. Say you have eco set on 10-40% and you have your legs power set at 160w. If you pedal around and only ever put 120w say input via your legs, assistance will stay at 10%. But if you pedal harder and put 180w of power from your legs the assurance starts to rise, until it reaches you max set assist level of 40%.
Tick the box at the bottom next to eco and eco will use smart power. Un tick trial and turbo and they won’t use smart power.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Dear @ebikeZA ,

You are right, the BLEvo thread is extremely long. However some while ago I posted this message which could be helpful for you:
The Official BLEvo Thread - EMTB Forums

In my example I used eco and trail combined with smart settings and turbo just 100%. I used smart HR before (but luckily I am not a cardiac patient) but don't use it anymore as I find it too unpredictable. Today I use only smart HR and that works great. I do however start with 1% (not 10% like you) simply to save battery consumption.

Peak power always needs to be 100% for BLEvo smart functions as the algorithm is based on 100% but it will not affect battery consumption as @PaoloBLEvo explained before.

I would definitely recommend to buy the remote. I simply push the remote button to adjust the smart power threshold during the ride once I get too tired.

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I know that 100 pages of the BLEvo thread are a lot.. but there is also the user manual that Ed reviewed few weeks ago..
If you read it, you can understand more..
The user manual is available directly from the App.. the button in the home page..

Intermtb

Jan 5, 2020
USA
Hi Paolo, first time using Blevo yesterday, I put my phone in my pocket, seems it was not recording properly. My garmin showing 21 miles / 3000ft, Blevo 18.9 miles / 2500 ft, so perhaps Blevo stopped recording mid ride. I do not want to put my phone on the handlebar. which setting I need to change to keep Blevo running in background properly?

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi Paolo, first time using Blevo yesterday, I put my phone in my pocket, seems it was not recording properly. My garmin showing 21 miles / 3000ft, Blevo 18.9 miles / 2500 ft, so perhaps Blevo stopped recording mid ride. I do not want to put my phone on the handlebar. which setting I need to change to keep Blevo running in background properly?
Which phone you have?
Could you send to me the CSV file at [email protected] ?
Thanks..

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles