levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
..ok but dull...

"dull"?

The Levo motor boosts me over and thru things I could not otherwise handle.
In Turbo mode it returns 3.2X your input adding up to ~500 watts.
You should be able to punch well over 700 watts, more than a pro world tour cyclist.
If you want/need more you should just get on a motorcycle. I sold my motos.

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
Yeah thats a good discripition of my 2018 levo but not a good discription of my wifes 2017 levo which has just been “repaired” by specialized

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
And just for the record these third party apps can never make the motor produce more power then the manufacturer designed it to do just how its deliverd

Taffyteg

Founding Member
Feb 13, 2018
United Kingdom
has anyone with a turbo levo, put a larger ( more teeth ) front Sproket on? as I keep runing out of gears, the 32 tooth & 10 tooth rear seems too low geared but I want to keep the chain guide there. anyone else changed gearing?
? I reduced the teeth on the front chain ring as I wanted to climb single tracks without using the motor loads

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Yeah it ok but dull, until i found the zworks app and before anybody points it out yes i know you can derestrict your levo with it but like me you dont have to use that bit but the rest wow what a difference,!!! Turns a dull bike into a responsive ultra natural feeling ride and can can be tuned for max power or max battery life or something in between.
Now why cant spesh do this, they just told me today and i quote “there are no planned upgrades to mission control”

Hi ccrdave,

Is the Zwork app....... BLevo Z-Works - Zeus at Work for Levo which is £4.99? Just want to make sure it is the correct one before pushing the buy button on Playstore.

Would be really interested if you could post the settings you have set your wife’s bike to so I have a good starting point if you are okay to do so?

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
Hi ccrdave,

Is the Zwork app....... BLevo Z-Works - Zeus at Work for Levo which is £4.99? Just want to make sure it is the correct one before pushing the buy button on Playstore.

Would be really interested if you could post the settings you have set your wife’s bike to so I have a good starting point if you are okay to do so?
Hi Chris its Z works for iphone and BLEVO for android but if you havent had the battery upgraded to the latest firmware those apps wont work and to be honest if you still have the old firmare you dont need those apps.
Its only beacuse we were mislead about what motor they replaced in Dawns bike and they told us we must update the battery firmware that needed to try and do something to bring the sparkle back.
Theres not anything wrong with the new setup we just prefer the older response.
If you have updated the battery then Zworks sport or power modes are really good. In zworks sport mode on one of our local rides i used 50% less battery with no drop in performnce

2whlrdr

Jan 28, 2018
Usa
Loving my Levo

8A5ECCD5-D7B0-414B-ABA9-569CA618B658.jpeg

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
I just open it with google and it automatically translates it!

SimiEMTB

Founding Member
Mar 10, 2018
Californai
Reposting in Levo specific forum....
Hello. I’m new to forum. I’m riding a 2017 Turbo Levo comp with some changes. Running the EX1 8 speed. Working out well in case anyone considering it. Also switched to Shimano Saints. Very happy with those as well.

One word of warning. Recently had the top motor mount nut come loose. Made the cranks/frame flex quite a bit. Broke the motor cover on chainring side. That’s the third one now. Other times from bashing it.

Curious if anyone else has run into same issues. These motor covers seem to be squeaky and fragile.

Other than that, I love this bike. I have a back problem that got me off my regular MTB. This has enabled me to keep riding.
A16818AA-4DEE-4197-8396-ACCF45AC0686.jpeg
42E74901-0D13-4F52-99CD-85B9FB8C0EE5.jpeg

View attachment 3406C231-8DB7-4B3A-9FF0-CB5D5556E3D0.jpeg

SimiEMTB

Founding Member
Mar 10, 2018
Californai
Kcarbon: I’m using Maxxis High Roller IIs 27.5 x 3.0. Wanted to try 2.8s either in Minions or maybe Rekons, but already having some clearance issues. Very rocky where I ride so don’t want to lose anymore BB height. The HR IIs 3.0 have great breaking/climbing traction. Seem to hang on to rocks descending at odd angles where the smaller knob tires let go/slide.

I do notice the lack of transition knobs. Have to lean it pretty hard to get the side lugs to really hook up somethimes. But when it’s hooked up it’s like it’s on rails. Running these on the Spesh wide carbons. Also have a Pike 150mm.

kcarbon

Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
australia
Kcarbon: I’m using Maxxis High Roller IIs 27.5 x 3.0. Wanted to try 2.8s either in Minions or maybe Rekons, but already having some clearance issues. Very rocky where I ride so don’t want to lose anymore BB height. The HR IIs 3.0 have great breaking/climbing traction. Seem to hang on to rocks descending at odd angles where the smaller knob tires let go/slide.

I do notice the lack of transition knobs. Have to lean it pretty hard to get the side lugs to really hook up somethimes. But when it’s hooked up it’s like it’s on rails. Running these on the Spesh wide carbons. Also have a Pike 150mm.

Simi, thank you.
I had 27.5 x 3.0 on my first Levo. then the new one came with 27.5 x2.8 , but I noticed the 2.8 did not roll as well. I ride with a fast group, we move around , so one week different than the next. they are a fast group and could not match them downhill or on a flat, thats for speed as they had higher geared mountain bikes. up hill's I beat them easy.
so I went to 27.5 x 3.0 and rolling speed improved. bit still had trouble on flat paved roads keeping up. then I went from 32 tooth to to a 36 tooth crank, yesterday we did a 41km ( miles? ) ride mostly dirt roads and tracks was a lot of climbing and a fast downhill section, I left them all made a good gain. I don't do any rock climbing, mostly distance, some single track technical but not a lot.

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
Its just an experiment but i actually found it really nice to ride once i got over the skinny tyre look lol.
Front is 29 x 2.35 rear is 27.5 x 2.8
I dont think it changes the geometry much as both wheels have more or less the same diameter.
Its proper cold here mate as you can see by the snow we are having an unussually hard winter this year

kcarbon

Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
australia
Its just an experiment but i actually found it really nice to ride once i got over the skinny tyre look lol.
Front is 29 x 2.35 rear is 27.5 x 2.8
I dont think it changes the geometry much as both wheels have more or less the same diameter.
Its proper cold here mate as you can see by the snow we are having an unussually hard winter this year

Sounds good Dave!! you should have good traction.
looks like my rear tyre is about warn out, so will be looking for new one soon, front ok.

weather has been unseasonal here too, like we are into autumn and we have had temps like it was summer also been sunny this past month. everyone still surfing ( ocean warm too. )

SimiEMTB

Founding Member
Mar 10, 2018
Californai
Simi, thank you.
I had 27.5 x 3.0 on my first Levo. then the new one came with 27.5 x2.8 , but I noticed the 2.8 did not roll as well. I ride with a fast group, we move around , so one week different than the next. they are a fast group and could not match them downhill or on a flat, thats for speed as they had higher geared mountain bikes. up hill's I beat them easy.
so I went to 27.5 x 3.0 and rolling speed improved. bit still had trouble on flat paved roads keeping up. then I went from 32 tooth to to a 36 tooth crank, yesterday we did a 41km ( miles? ) ride mostly dirt roads and tracks was a lot of climbing and a fast downhill section, I left them all made a good gain. I don't do any rock climbing, mostly distance, some single track technical but not a lot.
Thanks k. Good to know about the 2.8s. Guessing they were butchers which have slower rolling/larger knobs than the purgatories. What 3.0 tire are you using? 36 up front? Don’t think my legs could take that, even with my 48t rear. Just too steep around here, for me anyway, but I’m a late 40s, 200lb plus (albeit fit) rider, with too many injuries to list. I’m also not trying to keep up with anyone. Except for putting distance between me and all the e-bike haters. And there are a lot Of them in So Cal. You know, the Same guys who bomb down multiuse, multidirection trails with absolute recklessness abandon trying to KOM on Strava, but e-bikes are the real problem, yeah right. But I digress.

kcarbon

Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
australia
I'm using the specilized purgatories.
all my group mostly on non E MTB's but two of us have Levo, as far as I know they don't mind, some ask questions about them.

SimiEMTB

Founding Member
Mar 10, 2018
Californai
I'm using the specilized purgatories.
all my group mostly on non E MTB's but two of us have Levo, as far as I know they don't mind, some ask questions about them.
Form what I hear, there is broader acceptance of e-bikes overseas. Not sure where you are. Here in the states, not as much. If I hear one more person say you have to earn the downhill by pedaling up, I may lose it. Again, spoken by guys on $10,000 bikes that have done everything possible to get a weight, gearing, rolling and resistance advantage other than strapping on a motor. I would happily take heat from someone on a no suspension, all steel, single speed, with road tires.?

kcarbon

Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
australia
Form what I hear, there is broader acceptance of e-bikes overseas. Not sure where you are. Here in the states, not as much. If I hear one more person say you have to earn the downhill by pedaling up, I may lose it. Again, spoken by guys on $10,000 bikes that have done everything possible to get a weight, gearing, rolling and resistance advantage other than strapping on a motor. I would happily take heat from someone on a no suspension, all steel, single speed, with road tires.?

Simi I'm in Australia, they did tell me a sate called ACT had a ban on E bikes, but , has changed. I never judge other people myself.

SimiEMTB

Founding Member
Mar 10, 2018
Californai
Simi I'm in Australia, they did tell me a sate called ACT had a ban on E bikes, but , has changed. I never judge other people myself.
Agreed. People should just enjoy being outside and happy for other people doing the same. Wether riding a 20 yr old steel bike, an ebike or a carbon XC race bike, the point is to ride, be courteous and have fun. And the smile that the e-bike brings is hard to argue with.

kcarbon

Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
australia
Agreed. People should just enjoy being outside and happy for other people doing the same. Wether riding a 20 yr old steel bike, an ebike or a carbon XC race bike, the point is to ride, be courteous and have fun. And the smile that the e-bike brings is hard to argue with.

Simi , well put!! I agree 100%

SimiEMTB

Founding Member
Mar 10, 2018
Californai
Helpful hint that everyone may not know about....for those of us in dry dusty riding conditions and knowing water hoses not the best thing for e-bikes/mtb bikes....
D03133A3-7E13-477D-BE76-37F4CC25D08D.png
15E80C08-B306-4C86-A2D2-35DC712EC0D4.png

I use the California mini duster after ride while bike on rack...ten minutes

Then if interested in adding a little shine/light coating...use the Kozak...5 minutes.

Avoid your discs with both.

Lazy man’s cleaning protocol.

For those of you in the mud....probably not an option.

Seric

Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
Norway

How many of those guys that complains about you not earning it, are also taking their big V8-pickups to get to the top? ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles