Levo Gen 2 2020 Turbo Levo Owners Thread

Supratad

Nov 13, 2019
North Yorkshire, UK
Back to the shite. Full, perfect bleed today when I finally got time this afternoon. No bubbles at all. Lever tight with the spacer block in but once that’s Out and the pads are in, lever goes soft.
I think air must be getting in somewhere.
Could it be the lever end olive? I didn’t cut and replace it when I put the new lever on so I can start there tomorrow.

The front brake is as hard as nails and that’s using the original hose, olive and barb.
There’s just so many variables. Calliper leaking air, Hope hybridised connection there, could Level T piston be leaking air past it’s seals?

GaryT

May 11, 2020
South Lakes
Hi,
I know almost nothing about mtb tires, but I've been reading a lot about the topic... I am looking for future tires replacements, front and back, and I'm kind of confused about the rear Eliminator Blck Dmnd 29x2.3 width.

Is it wider than other 2.3 tires?
its like 63mm wide, while the 2.6 front is 66... could this be correct?

Anyone using an Eddy Current Rear 29x2.6? would it fit?
Think the rear tyre is 2.6 despite what it says in the spec.

RodC

May 28, 2020
Queretaro, Mexico
Think the rear tyre is 2.6 despite what it says in the spec.

mine is 2.3. But it’s wide, wider IMHO than what a 2.3 really is.

image.jpg

Supratad

Nov 13, 2019
North Yorkshire, UK
Bleeding issue solved. People say, a bad workman blames his tools, but what if the tools are at fault. On the 4th bleed in succession it suddenly occurred to me that I’ve removed more air from this system than can physically be inside even with no fluid in.

Turns out one of the SRAM syringes was missing a little rubber O ring.

Now it works, to quote Simon Gruber.

thewrx

Sep 4, 2019
US
How are you going to use the same factory hose, unless you crimp a new banjo fitting on it?

Specialized frankenst'd the brake setup on the base models, Level T (crap MC's) with a code/guide quad caliper up front; but they use the shitty level dual piston weak sauce caliper out back. I was doing a similar upgrade myself but had to order a new rear line, and re-run through frame in order to upgrade rear calipers to quad's. The level MC's still leave a lot to be desired, so will probably just go with another setup MT7's or MT5's trail's in the future.

Nipping back to the brake swap - Level T for Guide RS.
Having disassembled the 2nd hand Guide RS's, it occurs to me that I can in fact use the existing rear brake hose in situ.
View attachment 32473

If I take what was the front caliper and install it to rear, then the existing hose can screw right in at both ends, albeit with new rubber olives.
Similarly the front....
View attachment 32474

Then all I need are the olives and a bleeding edge bleed toolkit.
Is this right or am I missing something fundamental?

Supratad

Nov 13, 2019
North Yorkshire, UK
I have a Hope fitting, erm, fitted, to the original hose. I cut the old one off and put this on. Quite a few parts to it including two copper washers but it works. However, I wish the the Guide RS's had the same caliper front and rear, with banjo fittings. It would be much more sensible. Front one has Bleeding Edge bleed port but rear doesn't. I wonder if this second hand pair was made up of two different years.
I did also buy a new 2000mm line just in case, and the fitting on that is removable so I could have fitted it to the existing hose with a new barb and thingy if the Hope one didn't work.
The annoyance I currently have is that the two levers have different bite points now. Front is uber quick, and there is a tiny brake rub too.

EVILTaylor

Sep 8, 2020
Spokane Washington
Question on sizing - I have read all the threads on sizing. I am 5'11" and normally would ride a large in most manufacturers. There is a 2020 used Levo Comp in my town that I can get a steal on. Only problem - size XL. I am pretty proportioned, except I have freakishly long arms (wingspan of about 6'4"). My current bike, and Evil Offering size medium, the reach is only about 12mm longer on the XL Levo. Evil has goofy sizing, as their medium goes up to 6'1" height...

Any help would be appreciated!

JonasH

Founding Member
Jan 23, 2018
Norway
I'm sorry if this has been a topic on this thread before. But i'm struggeling to find the correct Chain ring bolt set. I'm trying to put a 36T ring up front and my ring is in aluminium from Praxis and no threaded holes as the original in steel. The new alu chainring is 3,27mm thick with a thru hole on Ø10,1mm and on the back side a recess 0,7mm deep and Ø12,68mm. Original bolt is M8 and total length incl head 8,81mm. So i need a set with both bolt and "nut" to be able to fit my new chainring. Please help.

Geo Alber

May 4, 2020
Northern California
what's your review on the coil?

Its great compared to stock shock for sure. Much more composed in rough stuff, even makes the fork feel better as it calms the entire bike down. It completely negates small bumps. Out of the box it feels tuned great. The firm circuit is very firm. I have not even really used that as I don't feel like I am close to bottoming out on any local jumps in the plush setting. I considered going for the X2 which of course is cheaper, but I liked the idea this shock was specifically sized and tuned for the Levo. I have a Ohlins coil on my older Enduro and this feels similar but it of course is working with a bit less travel. Bonus.. full size water bottle still fits.

mtbchris

Dec 2, 2019
San Diego, CA
Its great compared to stock shock for sure. Much more composed in rough stuff, even makes the fork feel better as it calms the entire bike down. It completely negates small bumps. Out of the box it feels tuned great. The firm circuit is very firm. I have not even really used that as I don't feel like I am close to bottoming out on any local jumps in the plush setting. I considered going for the X2 which of course is cheaper, but I liked the idea this shock was specifically sized and tuned for the Levo. I have a Ohlins coil on my older Enduro and this feels similar but it of course is working with a bit less travel. Bonus.. full size water bottle still fits.

Dope! What was your lead time on yours? I'm at 7 weeks going on 8. Getting antsy

kaj0103

Oct 23, 2020
Maidstone
Hey all
Received my 2020 Comp yesterday. Looks amazing but I can’t ride it. The seatpost lever works fine but if I sit on the saddle it starts to sink. I’m only 70kg so not exactly testing its capabilities.
I also notice that the seatpost is long enough to reach the linkage bolt going through the seat tube. It’s a Manic X-Fusion. Is it right that it should be able to do this?
Any help or guidance appreciated.
Thanks

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
Hey all
Received my 2020 Comp yesterday. Looks amazing but I can’t ride it. The seatpost lever works fine but if I sit on the saddle it starts to sink. I’m only 70kg so not exactly testing its capabilities.
I also notice that the seatpost is long enough to reach the linkage bolt going through the seat tube. It’s a Manic X-Fusion. Is it right that it should be able to do this?
Any help or guidance appreciated.
Thanks
I had this sinking feeling, caused by the cable being kinked, possibly by the post being pushed into the seat tube without the cable being fed back to the head tube. Unless you bought local, try releasing the post and raising it slightly - if it now works properly you need to push it back down to the proper height pulling on the cable from the head tube end (you will need to loosen the cable clips behind the shock) at the same time. If it doesn't work properly I would push the cable from the head tube while pulling the post right out of the frame, check the cable runs freely, and reinstall.
As to seat post length, what frame size, inner leg length?

kaj0103

Oct 23, 2020
Maidstone
I had this sinking feeling, caused by the cable being kinked, possibly by the post being pushed into the seat tube without the cable being fed back to the head tube. Unless you bought local, try releasing the post and raising it slightly - if it now works properly you need to push it back down to the proper height pulling on the cable from the head tube end (you will need to loosen the cable clips behind the shock) at the same time. If it doesn't work properly I would push the cable from the head tube while pulling the post right out of the frame, check the cable runs freely, and reinstall.
As to seat post length, what frame size, inner leg length?
Thanks KennyB
I did try raising the seatpost a touch, it actually made it worse. It would sink with even less effort.
It’s a medium frame which should have the 150mm Manic. I’ll only know how long it is if I take it out of the post which I may just try. My LBS has said they’ll take a look at it under warranty so may just head down there In case the cable is linked like you say.
what do you think about the dropper length then? Even the 125mm would be too long in my view to be honest.
cheers

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
Thanks KennyB
I did try raising the seatpost a touch, it actually made it worse. It would sink with even less effort.
It’s a medium frame which should have the 150mm Manic. I’ll only know how long it is if I take it out of the post which I may just try. My LBS has said they’ll take a look at it under warranty so may just head down there In case the cable is linked like you say.
what do you think about the dropper length then? Even the 125mm would be too long in my view to be honest.
cheers
That sounds like the cable inner is too tight, try adjusting it at the lever. You might also try pushing the outer from the head tube end to relax it. However if LBS is willing to look at it, may be easiest to leave it to them. As to seat post length, I'm 5'7", inside leg 29" on a Medium and it's fine, may be another question for the LBS?

kaj0103

Oct 23, 2020
Maidstone
That sounds like the cable is too tight, I would try pushing it from the head tube end. However if LBS is willing to look at it, may be easiest to leave it to them. As to seat post length, I'm 5'7", inside leg 29" on a Medium and it's fine, may be another question for the LBS?
Yeah. Gonna check it out. I have loosened off the cable a bit by moving the brake / dropper lever in and it made no difference so I’ll take it down to them. I have fitted a seatpost before with the cable routing but this post and cable don’t seem to want to move freely so I’m reluctant to try and free it.
mill report back when I’ve been there.
cheers.

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
That may loosen the outer cable, but if the clips under the shock are tight it won't. Suggest you try loosening the inner cable, if you can, with the barrel adjuster on the thumb lever.

kaj0103

Oct 23, 2020
Maidstone
Just realised I didn’t update the thread. The issue was that I didn’t press the lever whilst moving the post. Had I don’t that all would have been fine.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
.........I never used it because I prefer to set sag at 30% travel with a ruler, but I assume the 4 different sides refer to wheel size and either Stumpjumper ( SJ) or Spesh Turbo ( ST) ???? So if using this for a Levo you need the side that says SJ 29 ST...and use the right hand side of the top face in the diagram above?

You also have there a brake block (for brake bleeding), 2 zip ties, what looks like 2 inner cable end bullets, a washer they forgot to fit on the bike ...just kidding!, and I don't know what the other black bit is.

kaj0103

Oct 23, 2020
Maidstone
Cheers. Have to say, there are a couple of things I know. The washers I thought were for between the pedals and cranks but they aren’t so no not sure what they are.... they probably did forget to fit them!

aklemm

Jul 23, 2020
Atascadero, CA
........but I assume the 4 different sides refer to wheel size and either Stumpjumper ( SJ) or Spesh Turbo ( ST) ????
There is a Stumpjumper ST model (short travel) with 120mm of rear travel. I think it makes more sense to use the Stumpjumper (SJ) for our Turbo Levo bikes, as they have more similar suspension and geometry than the ST.

Measuring it yourself is even better though! (y)

fabio-no-drop

Oct 30, 2018
Samarate
Hi everyone, I bought a DVO Topaz T3 air with variable stroke 50/55 mm; the standard stroke is 52.5, but someone who has DVO could tell me if with the stroke at 55mm they noticed any interference with the frame? Thanks

Mountie

Apr 29, 2018
Canada
I'm sorry if this has been a topic on this thread before. But i'm struggeling to find the correct Chain ring bolt set. I'm trying to put a 36T ring up front and my ring is in aluminium from Praxis and no threaded holes as the original in steel. The new alu chainring is 3,27mm thick with a thru hole on Ø10,1mm and on the back side a recess 0,7mm deep and Ø12,68mm. Original bolt is M8 and total length incl head 8,81mm. So i need a set with both bolt and "nut" to be able to fit my new chainring. Please help.

I now have the same issue because if limited parts supplies.Did you find out about nuts and bolts and do they self centre the chain ring? Thanks

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles