Levo Gen 2 2020 Turbo Levo Owners Thread

RodC

May 28, 2020
Queretaro, Mexico
The Levos have landed...

I had to look harder to understand its the blue Levo.... i have the same. But the lighting makes it look like its black with gold stickers and chain; like Lotus JPS theme. View attachment 32521

1591141623281.png

Canakris

Jul 30, 2019
belgium
"didn't do anything" - weren't they willing to fix it?

wouldnt be happy with either of those noises!

When the LBS tried in the shop, it didn't reproduce the exact sound; showed him the clip, but in the end didn't open the motor compartment. The noise now was clearly a faulty belt resulting in warranty new engine...All in all i'm' happy it completely broke so I get a replacement :)

Criquet17

Jun 4, 2020
Switzerland
I have also upgraded recently to the DVO Topaz T3. I'm a bigger guy at 250 lbs and couldn't get my stock shock on my Turbo Levo Expert to give me the correct sag setting. I called DVO and literally the next day a had a custom tuned shock on the bike. What a difference! Great service.

View attachment 27576
Hi Temecula,
I can purchase a secondhand 210x55 DVO Topaz for a good price to replace my RS deluxe RT.
I think it can make a great difference.
What bushings do I need ?
Is it easy to install ?
What is the correct sag setting from DVO ? I am "only" 190 lbs.
Thx

N928TC

May 8, 2020
Seattle
I had to look harder to understand its the blue Levo.... i have the same. But the lighting makes it look like its black with gold stickers and chain; like Lotus JPS theme. View attachment 32521

View attachment 32641
I loved that livery when it came out. I was just a kid but could dig the aesthetic. I do love the blue color that specialized has selected for the Base. Perfect match for Pacific Northwest weather... I will post more pics soon and our initial rider impressions.

dfkenevo

Aug 13, 2018
Truckee, Ca
dfkenevo can you help me answering my questions about the DVO T3 Air ?

THX.
Hi
For the top bushing I re use the one form the Fox shock plus the two washers you can see on the pic.
I'm close to 150lb with all the gear and I run between 180/190 psi , 170 psi on the bladder and I get around 14/15mm of sag.
I do have 2 volume spacers on the positive chamber to make the shock a bit more progressive to prevent bottoming out.

dfkenevo can you help me answering my questions about the DVO T3 Air ?

THX.

IMG_1641.jpeg IMG_1642.jpeg IMG_1643.jpeg IMG_1644.jpeg IMG_1646.jpeg

Last edited:

Criquet17

Jun 4, 2020
Switzerland
Hi
For the top bushing I re use the one form the Fox shock plus the two washers you can see on the pic.
I'm close to 150lb with all the gear and I run between 180/190 psi , 170 psi on the bladder and I get around 14/15mm of sag.
I do have 2 volume spacers on the positive chamber to make the shock a bit more progressive to prevent bottoming out.

View attachment 32901 View attachment 32902 View attachment 32903 View attachment 32904 View attachment 32905
Wow !!! Thanks for your detailed answer and the time you took to take the pictures.
With all these informations I can now purchase the DVO Topaz shock with confidence.

Supratad

Nov 13, 2019
North Yorkshire, UK
Going back to brake swaps
What’s going on with the hose connector on the RH caliper here, the Guide RS?
How does this connect to hose?
B6B4D3B8-A273-40D5-9163-32D780354A20.jpeg

Its too small for the barb and olive

Last edited:

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
You will not remove these, cause they are factory crimped to the hose.

Supratad

Nov 13, 2019
North Yorkshire, UK
Answer to that is "no". Thus I have bought a 2m hose with the fitting for Avid Elixr. Bloody awkward. Why doesn't both calipers have the same banjo fittings?
I don't even know why I started this, the Level Ts were working fine.

Last edited:

Supratad

Nov 13, 2019
North Yorkshire, UK
So hose fixed, brakes bled

Lever sticks. Dismantle lever and rub down piston so now it moves nicely. Start reassemble and notice I’ve split one of the rubber rings on the plastic piston. Ffffffffffffffff......

will my level t lever have the same piston rubber?

Supratad

Nov 13, 2019
North Yorkshire, UK
Well at the end of today, Level Ts swapped out for second hand Guide RS’s. Front brake binding and rear not connecting at all.
it worked for a bit but one sharp grab on the test ride and I felt something give. Brake slacked off. No fluid leaking that I can see. Bleed process went OK.

surely the Level T piston can’t be any different. It looked identical to the guide one though with a few more profile angles.
Bleed again, tomorrow

Last edited:

Lloydd

Jun 29, 2020
Nitrogen1
Not to change the direction of the thread but I am a new 2020 Turbo Levo Comp owner! Ive added quite a few small items As you can see in a recent picture. After test riding my buddies I absolutely loveee the bike. Drove two hours to get the right size and color. Also decided to go with an orange accent to it and i like it!

Upgrades are as follows:

-BEL-AIR V3 - LUX-ALLOY - (orange) saddle
-Ergon SM E-Mountain Core Prime Men Saddle - Stealth (not pictured on the bike)
-Deity Components Copperhead Stem - 50mm, 31.8 Clamp, +/-0, 1 1/8", Aluminum, Orange (switching to a different one, the orange is off ?)
-HOPE AM/FREERIDE STEM 31.8MM 50MM ORANGE (switching to, i have short arms relative to my height and think this will be better)
-Hope TECH 3 E4 Levers and calibers
-Hope Tech 6 Bolt Floating Disk Rotors (orange)
-SRAM Discrete Trigger Clamp assembly (to move the dropper lever and shifter levers onto the bars)
-Race Face Chester Pedal (orange)
-Ergon GA3 grips (Juicy Orange)
-Wahoo ELEMNT Bolt computer
-Wahoo Speed sensor
-Specialized Levo 2019 2020 Frame Sticker Kit - Orange
-Set tires to Tubeless

anddd that about sums it up for now!
Cheers!

A1509929-B65A-434F-BA8D-C917A6FD1442.jpeg

KrisScott1990

Jun 14, 2020
Edinburgh
Hi All,

The replacement Levo arrived monday! week turn around to get it replaced after it arrived damaged. TNT took extra care of it after i contacted them and it arrived with the box extra protected by TNT and Bike well protected by Tredz! all in all a good result.

First proper ride last night and WOW, amazing couldnt belive how much fun it is! Considerbly differnt to handle so took a bit to get used to from my L Capra CF Pro which feels short and tiny compared to my L Levo Expert!

Couldnt get the smile off my face! I dont know what hurt more my cheeks from the cheeser or my mates legs trying to keep up on the analoge bike!

No upgrades as such yet apart from UberBike RaceMatrix Pads, Inserts, Tubeless, Maxxis DHF 2.6 EXO+ and Maxxis DHR2 EXO+ 2.6.

No
5CF0D495-B7D6-4C87-B86C-0B3C3544878A.jpg
5255F288-E594-466F-9839-A1027674CF26.jpg

RodC

May 28, 2020
Queretaro, Mexico
Hi,
I know almost nothing about mtb tires, but I've been reading a lot about the topic... I am looking for future tires replacements, front and back, and I'm kind of confused about the rear Eliminator Blck Dmnd 29x2.3 width.

Is it wider than other 2.3 tires?
its like 63mm wide, while the 2.6 front is 66... could this be correct?

Anyone using an Eddy Current Rear 29x2.6? would it fit?

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles