2019 Turbo Levo Owners Thread

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
A thread for owners of the 2019 Levo. Post your pics and rides and feedback ?

First proper ride today.

E2BB6031-C684-46A7-B1F7-9212821F2F85.jpeg

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
A thread for owners of the 2019 Levo. Post your pics and rides and feedback ?

First proper ride today.

View attachment 5318
That is one tasty looking bike dude! ?
I have a 3 week wait for mine so busy in the background gathering all the replacement parts to adorn it with when it arrives.

Myprod

Sep 20, 2018
South Africa
Hi All

I walked into a concept store today wanting to look at the new Levo's. I had a chat with the chaps there who gave me some great info. At the end of the day I walked out with a 2019 Base model with a dropper post.

After much back and fourth the guys told me that with my weight and height 72kg and 1.73 metres, a comp or expert wouldn't really be necessary. Sure, the components are better but would I really notice the difference? According to them ( In SA anyway ) If I wanted to, after some saddle time, upgrade the front fork and the brakes on my own, it would work out cheaper than buying a comp. I have not ridden a bicycle for around 10 years and I plan on giving my GF the levo once I have gotten a little more fit.

Am I missing anything besides the brakes, fork and dropper post between the bikes?

Anyways probably to late now but I look forward to my first ride!

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Hi All

I walked into a concept store today wanting to look at the new Levo's. I had a chat with the chaps there who gave me some great info. At the end of the day I walked out with a 2019 Base model with a dropper post.

After much back and fourth the guys told me that with my weight and height 72kg and 1.73 metres, a comp or expert wouldn't really be necessary. Sure, the components are better but would I really notice the difference? According to them ( In SA anyway ) If I wanted to, after some saddle time, upgrade the front fork and the brakes on my own, it would work out cheaper than buying a comp. I have not ridden a bicycle for around 10 years and I plan on giving my GF the levo once I have gotten a little more fit.

Am I missing anything besides the brakes, fork and dropper post between the bikes?

This:
E -bike snobbery - EMTB Forums

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
What are you going to furnish the new beast with?
It’s top secret at the moment?????
I have a number of ‘in stock’ items current sitting on my many acoustic bikes which I will be striping down this week and selling off the frames to allow me to invest in some eye watering upgrades.
I will hopefully have it all done for the Cannock ride.

Myprod

Sep 20, 2018
South Africa

That puts my mind at ease! Thanks Rob.

I couldn't be bothered about snobbery. There will ALWAYS be someone with a better, more tricked out and of course, much more expensive bike anyways. If the base Levo does the job for me, I am happy. My intention was to get an Expert or a Comp but I was talked out of it rather quickly by the sales team. The recommendation was to rather spend the money on some training or better gear.

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Hi All

In my opinion, You have made the right choice ? just get the bike set up for your weight and riding style, get a few months of riding on it and IF you think you need to, start the upgrades you have mentioned above.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Yup of any pic i have seen that really does show how discreet they have managed to get everything

Halcon

Apr 27, 2018
Texas
What are you going to get to protect your frame if anything? Invisiframe does not have a kit for the 2019 Levo. When mine comes I may use the regular Heli Tape or even vinyl wrap mine for the matte black color I wanted. The wrap is like $30 and with the vinyl cutting tape you can get precise cuts without a blade.

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
AND!!! What's it ride like compared to your 18 Expert?
I'm still on the fence about changing mine, I got a proper test ride booked next week, I'm just not sure about the smaller volume tyres and 29 wheels

neils

Aug 28, 2018
Wokingham UK
AHHHHH! What a relief to find you lot over here and actually talking about the Levo! That other thread is getting nasty!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Halcon

Apr 27, 2018
Texas
That is the same bike I want to buy. Can you upgrade the battery to the 700 capacity model? Also, any volume dealers in the US who might have in stock for shipping?
Yes the 700Wh battery will fit into all 2019 models.
I bought the Comp Carbon Large in Blue and it will get here November. I'm in the US.
You need to contact dealers to see if they have any in stock (most may not) and the delivery date is dependent on the model, size and even color. The red comp carbon was a December delivery and the XL was a different date the Expert even later.
I don't think they can ship it out of the state or at all but I could be wrong. I would contact local dealers and even other dealers in your state or within driving distance. I bought mine local for servicing and getting points for dropping $7000+tax

MarkH

Patreon
Aug 12, 2018
Manchester
Not seen the gold on UK website so it may be a foreign or demo bike only colour. S often use a dedicated colour for demo bikes.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
What are you going to get to protect your frame if anything? Invisiframe does not have a kit for the 2019 Levo. When mine comes I may use the regular Heli Tape or even vinyl wrap mine for the matte black color I wanted. The wrap is like $30 and with the vinyl cutting tape you can get precise cuts without a blade.
Im not going to with this one. I dont really mind the scratches :cry:

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I know that quite a few of the car wrapping places will do a protective film on to bikes - i looked into it with a place local to me and i think it was a couple of hundred quid

73Steff

E*POWAH Master
Sep 11, 2018
Haslemere Surrey
Test rode the Carbon comp this morning at MB Cyclery in Haslemere. Awesome, feels very similar to my new Stumpy & noticeable lighter than my Kenevo, front just pops up when asked rather than having to pull on it like an idiot. Also very noticeable is what I’ll call ‘soft’ limiter......when you get to speed limiter it fades out rather than hitting a wall like old bikes, this was the main reason I derestricted my Kenevo. Can’t wait to get out on trails :)

MarkH

Patreon
Aug 12, 2018
Manchester
I know that quite a few of the car wrapping places will do a protective film on to bikes - i looked into it with a place local to me and i think it was a couple of hundred quid
Shack wrap in Bury Lancashire have wrapped all my bikes. Last Levo was just over 100 quid. Well worth it but always busy, Nick pretty much does everything wheeled out of Leisurelakes.

Thomas

Aug 29, 2018
Europe

In the past I use Plasti Dip. This stuff is the best, especially on Cars, mach better than any wrap in my opinion. And you can have paint like finish, if you want Matt or Glossy.
My roubaix sprayed with removable Plasti Dip and some extra stickers.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
AND!!! What's it ride like compared to your 18 Expert?
I'm still on the fence about changing mine, I got a proper test ride booked next week, I'm just not sure about the smaller volume tyres and 29 wheels
I think you will really like it :)

YouTube early impression vid up in about 30 mins for Patreon supporters (uploading now, you'll get a notification :)).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles