Official Specialized Gen1 Turbo Levo thread

kcarbon

Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
australia
Helpful hint that everyone may not know about....for those of us in dry dusty riding conditions and knowing water hoses not the best thing for e-bikes/mtb bikes.... View attachment 788 View attachment 789
I use the California mini duster after ride while bike on rack...ten minutes

Then if interested in adding a little shine/light coating...use the Kozak...5 minutes.

Avoid your discs with both.

Lazy man’s cleaning protocol.

For those of you in the mud....probably not an option.

Thank's for the tip Simi, I use micro fibre cloth, with 4 cap full of TurtleWax rinceless wash, in 1/4 of a bucket of water. but raining here right now.

SimiEMTB

Founding Member
Mar 10, 2018
Californai
I found a retailer technical guide on the Turbo Levo. I have it in pdf. Found some of the trouble shooting stuff useful. Don’t think I can upload PDFs. Any thoughts on how to share?

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I found a retailer technical guide on the Turbo Levo. I have it in pdf. Found some of the trouble shooting stuff useful. Don’t think I can upload PDFs. Any thoughts on how to share?
You should be able to Attach the PDF here ?

kcarbon

Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
australia

Thank's Simi , for sharing . I look forward to the link!!

kcarbon

Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
australia
I had my bike serviced last week, & just put my faith in the tech who serviced it. ( breaking the golden rule to always double check )
I ride this bike reasonable fast, and doing my daily 20km ride late in afternoon, on way home I got caught in a storm ( started raining hard ) I was going as hard as I could & 500M from home, the rear wheel locked up, bike went sideways but I controlled it. I get off to give a quick check. rear Axl had come loose, wheel had moved & locked up against chain & rear of bike. I had to get out of rain , so straightened and pushed bike home.
I'll just take it back to the shop.

SimiEMTB

Founding Member
Mar 10, 2018
Californai
Let’s see if this works. Had trouble finding them on my phone at first..
Ok looks like it worked. Should be good for anyone with 2016/2017. The one just tilted “pdf” is really useful for anyone wanting/needing to change their own motor covers. With the correct tools, removing the crank arms and spider is easy.

Trailjunkie

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2018
USA
What size Levo is everyone riding and how tall are you? I’m normally riding size large but the Levo I demoed was a medium. It actually felt really good! Wondering if that’s why the bike actually felt playful being a little shorter wheelbase and a tad lighter. Oh by the way I’m 5’11”

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
Im 5.11 and i ride a large, my wife rides a medium shes 5.5

Taffyteg

Founding Member
Feb 13, 2018
United Kingdom
What size Levo is everyone riding and how tall are you? I’m normally riding size large but the Levo I demoed was a medium. It actually felt really good! Wondering if that’s why the bike actually felt playful being a little shorter wheelbase and a tad lighter. Oh by the way I’m 5’11”
I'm about 5'11" and ride a large frame. I have a dropper post which means the saddle is naturally quite high, but it is ok for me - just.

Bimba

Founding Member
Jan 22, 2018
Birmingham
I’m 5’10” and ride a medium, like to be able to throw the bike around on decents, always had medium stumpjumpers too.

Trailjunkie

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2018
USA
I’m 5’10” and ride a medium, like to be able to throw the bike around on decents, always had medium stumpjumpers too.

This is exactly what I experienced on my demo. I felt like I could throw the bike around on the downhill also never felt like I was cramped or uncomfortable. Just wonder if it would have been a different experience on a large in terms of playfulness. Thanks for all the input from everyone!

kcarbon

Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
australia
I have a medium too, fits me, I found on past MTB's a tight fit worked for me better than a large fit.
but I have friends that need very long bikes. but everyone different so what you feel good on.

Trailjunkie

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2018
USA
I have a medium too, fits me, I found on past MTB's a tight fit worked for me better than a large fit.
but I have friends that need very long bikes. but everyone different so what you feel good on.
Thanks, how tall are you?

Hackdss

Mar 22, 2018
Toronto
Just got my 2018 turbo levo I thought the dropper post was included I guess not any idea on the pricing for one

Thanks
20180322_175500.jpg

kcarbon

Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
australia
Hello , Hackdss. very nice!!
I like the colour.
my 2018 comp has the dropper seat, it's just a cable spring type, but works fine. not sure of price but easy to fit. enjoy!

Apr 10, 2018
US

Tori

Apr 1, 2018
Australia
Amazing! Fantastic pics too.
Thanks Rob. It was really fun. I have heaps of footage from the ride, and I'll make up a 'First Ride' video in the next day or so. Here's a little bit of it :

(Notice that bloody rattle though? I couldn't figure out what was causing it, I think possibly internal cables banging about in downtube?)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles