Levo Gen 2 2021 Turbo Levo Owners Thread

Thegenerik1

Jan 25, 2021
San Bruno, Ca
Well @cleoent and @Vin829 owe me $3000 each for forcing me to buy a 2021 Levo Comp. That is just for the bike, I haven’t even added up all the accessories I’ve been buying the last few days.

7430EF75-849A-4B26-950E-9D3CB01CA9C5.jpeg

LevoBlack21

Jan 26, 2021
Bay Area
Hello all, I just wanted to say Hi and introduce my new 2021 Specialized Turbo Levo to the group. I have had the bike for a few months and just wanted to say how much I love it. I have put a few hundred miles on it thus far and it has been all smiles. I made some minor adjustments like changing out the pedals, and adding front and rear fenders as well as a 50mm Vibrocore handlebar. It rides like a dream once I took it to a local bike shop and had them add air to adjust the front suspension and rear suspension to handle my weight. It glides down hills like cloud. If you can get your hands on one I highly recommend it.
IMG_2230.jpeg
IMG_2382.JPEG

GordS

Jan 10, 2021
Brampton Ontario

etoni

E*POWAH Elite
Sep 3, 2018
Thun Switzerland
update , fox 38 29“ 160mm 44mm offset, wight 2.4KG.
this baby is badass . exact like the two videos say!!
i never think that the difference from a fox36 160mm and a RS lyrik ultimate 170mm is so much big.

7625292F-744E-4D15-B837-91EE26EDF0B8.jpeg

setup: 86kg ready to rumble, 97psi 3 token hsr4 lsr5 hsc5 lsc8
AFB579A3-D15A-46B9-A631-451A0BEFB95D.jpeg

Last edited:

johnscioscia

Sep 14, 2020
Tampa
Here is my cobalt blue 2021 Turbo Levo Expert. Does ANYONE else have one? Has anyone else even seen one?? Am I the only one who has one??. Also thanks for all the counsel I got on my levo. I listened and OFF went the stem riser. O am keeping my deity 80 mm bars though. ,??????

View attachment 46516
Great I ride wrapped mine two weeks ago before I crashed it I didn't know it existed but when I found out I definitely did it.

johnscioscia

Sep 14, 2020
Tampa
On the specialized website, It lists the Turbo Levo Comp, and then the next step to get the Carbon is the "Turbo Levo Expert Carbon" for $8900. Is there not a "Turbo Levo Comp Carbon" or do you have to go all the way up to the "Expert Carbon" to get a Non SL carbon model?
No c*** model for 2020 he'd have to jump to the expert okay

Hunter5

Jan 31, 2021
USA
I have a down payment on a base Levo due to arrive in February. The same shop has a Levo Comp available. I have been out of MTBing for 15 years or so and I am behind in all the latest technology. One of the big differences is the battery and that I understand. However not to sure if the Fox suspension and Shimano group is much of an upgrade over the Rockshox and NX group of the base. With the price difference between the two, I could buy a 700 battery if I determine I need it especially if I would sell the 500. Is the extra $ worth the upgrades on the comp?

DtEW

Dec 8, 2020
Bay Area, California
I have a down payment on a base Levo due to arrive in February. The same shop has a Levo Comp available. I have been out of MTBing for 15 years or so and I am behind in all the latest technology. One of the big differences is the battery and that I understand. However not to sure if the Fox suspension and Shimano group is much of an upgrade over the Rockshox and NX group of the base. With the price difference between the two, I could buy a 700 battery if I determine I need it especially if I would sell the 500. Is the extra $ worth the upgrades on the comp?

Suffice it to say... yup.

The single most glaring weakness in the base model is the TurnKey (TK) damper in the fork. It’s a total POS by modern standards, and you will want to either upgrade the damper (you’ll need to find out if this is even possible; I only have experience upgrading a TK damper to Motion Control on another model platform) or the entire fork. Even with an upgrade to a Motion Control damper (assuming this is possible with the 35 Silver; RS’s steel-stanchion’ed forks often have a different tube thickness and threading that precludes dropping in a damper spec’ed for their higher-end aluminum-stsnchion’ed forks), the Fox’s lowest-end GRIP damper (what comes in the Comp’s fork) still works much better.

The SLX group is at Shimano’s price-to-performance sweet spot for many components. The NX group is all below SRAM’s price-to-performance sweet spot.

Also, see this prior inquiry.

Last edited:

johnscioscia

Sep 14, 2020
Tampa
IMO go with the comp 100% the Shimano components are fantastic first class

johnscioscia

Sep 14, 2020
Tampa
Suffice it to say... yup.

The single most glaring weakness in the base model is the TurnKey (TK) damper in the fork. It’s a total POS by modern standards, and you will want to either upgrade the damper (you’ll need to find out if this is even possible; I only have experience upgrading a TK damper to Motion Control on another model platform) or the entire fork. Even with an upgrade to a Motion Control damper (assuming this is possible with the 35 Silver; RS’s steel-stanchion’ed forks often have a different tube thickness and threading that precludes dropping in a damper spec’ed for their higher-end aluminum-stsnchion’ed forks), the Fox’s lowest-end GRIP damper (what comes in the Comp’s fork) still works much better.

The SLX group is at Shimano’s price-to-performance sweet spot for many components. The NX group is all below SRAM’s price-to-performance sweet spot.

Also, see this prior inquiry.

I have the turbo levo expert and love it. IMO. You don't need to worry about upgrading the battery You have plenty with 500

GordS

Jan 10, 2021
Brampton Ontario
It's a tough call and I had to make a similar decision back in December when I finally opted for the 2021 Turbo Levo Comp black/red.
I had originally had my sights set on a Marin ALPINE TRAIL E2 as I have a Headlands 2 carbon gravel bike (analog) which I really enjoy. But E2 won't be available until late August 2021 and with the state of things currently even that may be a long shot. So I decided I didn't want to wait that long and started searching again and considered a Cube as the LBS had a 2019 (I think) Stereo Cube Hybrid 25% off but was an extra large so no go as I'm a medium. Then I turned my sights on a Levo. My choice was going to be a base Turbo Levo and I wanted it in green. After spending many hours looking to find a 2021 base TL in green in stock I started to truly understand the current state of the bicycle industry. But my wife had mentioned to her boss my hunt for a new bike and it turns out he's buddies with the owners of a LBS and gave me the purchasers contact info to contact her directly. I gave her what I was looking (base 2021 TL in green size medium) for but she told me that it could be late 2021 (or later) before they would receive any new inventory. But she did say they had a 2021 Turbo Levo Comp medium in black/red in stock. Figuring this could be one of those now or never, I drove down to the the LBS and picked up my 2021 Turbo Comp black/read medium Dec 24 2020. So now I have a bike that I don't need to upgrade and I don't have that "If I had a better group set or if I had a bigger battery or should I upgrade to better suspension" voice in my head.
The only future upgrades/changes I'm considering will be different tires, handle bars and grips. Which I probably would have consider regardless of which bike I ended up with.

Ultimately I'm glad I went with the Comp and have no regrets. I now have a bike that I can ride virtually anywhere all year long and
I've put around 300 km in the month or so that I've had it.

JhnRX7

Sep 14, 2020
USA
Just installed my new Öhlins m.2 fork... can’t use it yet as my front wheel won’t fit ?

I have the base model which came with the Rockshox 35 fork. On this fork it seems Specialized used the Rockshox specific 31mm torque caps on the hubs which don’t fit. Spoke to Specialized and they helped me out with the new part to adapt my existing front wheel.

C20B96ED-21CF-4E30-9CCF-9D6AACE17F62.jpeg

Wheels

Dec 15, 2020
Astoria
There are many seemingly good options for forks, i dont know what ill replace the 36 rhythms with when the time comes. @JhnRX7 what helped You decide to go with the ohlins?

JhnRX7

Sep 14, 2020
USA
There are many seemingly good options for forks, i dont know what ill replace the 36 rhythms with when the time comes. @JhnRX7 what helped You decide to go with the ohlins?

I like the Öhlins multi chamber air spring design. However the other driving decision was based on my experience with their products in the automotive world.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles