Levo Gen 2 2021 Turbo Levo Owners Thread

ebikeZA

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town
Has anyone ever played around with the minimum level of assistance to make riding an eMTB feel like riding an analog mountain bike? The factory default level of 35% in Eco still feels much easier than peddling a regular bike. I was thinking of somewhere around 10%, 15%, or 20% assist? I could see using this type of setting when riding with friends on regular bikes who accuse you of “cheating.“. ;)

I set th bike at 10% Assistence and 20% power ..... feels like a light weight trail bike to be ...

Kent

Nov 28, 2020
Israel
BAAE16B0-C53F-48FE-AAD0-DB20FDD2E861.jpeg

Got my Turbo Levo Comp 2021 a week ago. Running (still...) smooth and quiet. Love them.

willeco

Jul 28, 2020
Halle

Wheels

Dec 15, 2020
Astoria
Rode single track trails for 3 hours today. unless it gets steep i stay between no asststance and eco, which ive set at 20/20. The bike performed well, except the derailler needed a little adjustment, not extatic with the shifting speed, but im not racing so its not a big deal. Im so happy with this bike, and how that safteynet of the assistance being there if and when i need it. It gives me the confidence i need to get out and ride when i otherwise wouldn’t. Also, the battery life has been great, its been working out to 10% use per hour.

8310A5ED-44BF-46D6-B557-CC77F533D2A9.jpeg

0AAD5C76-FBC4-4E75-B522-A12FA0F87D34.jpeg

MayisH

Dec 20, 2020
Pasadena, CA
I just got my 2021 Levo Comp in oak green. My first E-Bike. I tested haibikes and bulls and liked levo the most. I just took it around the block for a first test ride, what a beast. So far I have added lights for night time riding and removed the inner tubes for tubeless. Next I need a skid plate/ motor protector and a front mud guard and maybe something for the rear. I am also interested in protective tape to prevent scratches on the forks and frame.

Any recommendations would appreciated.

KenGPS

Aug 9, 2020
Alaska, USA
Switching to trp metallic pads fixed all my brake howl issues.

I want to buy shimano brakes for my other bike now. I just love the bite and power. My G2 RSC srams feel like nothing is happening for most of the stroke.
I only see pads that fit "TRP Calipers". What model pad fits Shimano's?

rriveroll

Nov 19, 2020
Caracas Venezuela
My 21 comp is in the shop for brake howl. Thought I fixed it with sanding pads and cleaning rotors but nope. Comes back immediately as soon as I point downhill. I’m talking 5-6seconds both front and rear now are howling

Got fed up with noise and tried Jagwire MAX POWER brake pads DCA505. No more noise!!!!. Pads are a little bit more progressive too.

Also my rear Shimano hub needed bearing preload adjustment. That took care of vibration when braking

IMG_20201227_144001.jpg

IMG_20201227_144007.jpg

Last edited:

Kent

Nov 28, 2020
Israel
This 2021 Levo Comp is a beast! My first e-bike and could not be happier with it.

I originally wanted to buy the base model, but a friend suggested I buy a "level up" to be satisfied with what I buy for a long time. I am getting my RockyMountain bike rack installed this week and can't wait to explore more of Southern California with it!

Any other Levo owners in Los Angeles, what are your favorite tracks in the area?

View attachment 37212 View attachment 37213
How is your bike running so far?
Any problems with the motor / control system? Got my new 2021 model 2 weeks ago, they run great.

06D785A4-6DCE-4C23-8C2A-8E2E35984B86.png

rriveroll

Nov 19, 2020
Caracas Venezuela
Any one had problems with the Comp wheels. Ive broken 5 spokes so far, 4 in the back and 1 in the front. Thehave all broken in exactly the same spot at the threads. I even heard one pop with me off of the bike.

Ive replaced the 5 with DT Competition, but I know I'm gonna have to replace them all to get it right.

I can see some nipples and spokes are not even aligned properly. Maybe the seat in the rim is not aligned properly and this is the problem as is the cheap nipples.

IMG_20201227_152458.jpg

IMG_20201227_151846.jpg

rriveroll

Nov 19, 2020
Caracas Venezuela
How is your bike running so far?
Any problems with the motor / control system? Got my new 2021 model 2 weeks ago, they run great.

View attachment 48364
The motor/battery parts runs great. The bike has great performance too.

Ive had problems with the SLX brake pad noise, the nuts and other hardware on the bike are cheap (broken nut on the chain guide, lost both screws that hold the brake hose) and so are the spokes with 5 broken so far.

Ohh and have gotten red/green light on the display 3 times, never actually riding but sitting around. Turn off and on and problem solved

Last edited:

bertschb

Aug 30, 2020
Anywhere
Any one had problems with the Comp wheels. Ive broken 5 spokes so far, 4 in the back and 1 in the front.

I had six broken spokes on my rear wheel in the first month or so. Specialized swapped out my wheels for a new set (different brand/model). No broken spokes since then.

Jline2020

Dec 9, 2020
Boulder
Got fed up with noise and tried Jagwire MAX POWER brake pads DCA505. No more noise!!!!. Pads are a little bit more progressive too.

Also my rear Shimano hub needed bearing preload adjustment. That took care of vibration when braking

View attachment 48361

View attachment 48362
I’m also getting some brake squeal and might give these a try. Are “sintered” pads the same as metallic, or are they different? Are you still getting good results with these?

EME

MUPPET
Subscriber
Aug 14, 2020
Zug
As a Noob ( with a 2020 TL Comp bought in May this year), I read exactly the same proliferation of comments about 'noisy' SRAM brakes on the 2020 models when I joined, and how wonderful the Shimano braking system is / was.;)

Just saying.

The best advice I had for my screaming pads was :-
a) Don't move from sintered pads
b) Clean (ie sandpaper) rotors and pads -- and bed in properly.
c) Regularly use Disc brake cleaning spray after every/ every other ride ( I assume Isopropyl does same) -- I just give a spray without removing pads . I test brakes when I start every ride ( probably unnecessary but its a ritual!)

This solved the screaming problem. Bleeding later really tightened up the feel.

d) Try other pads when time is right -- I'm still learning and the Galfers I changed to later are great.

Only (re)-pointing out as it is ironic how many 2021 owners seem to 'still' have the screaming problem after Specialized changed to Shimano brakes from SRAM.

tacoma22

Dec 8, 2019
California
As a Noob ( with a 2020 TL Comp bought in May this year), I read exactly the same proliferation of comments about 'noisy' SRAM brakes on the 2020 models when I joined, and how wonderful the Shimano braking system is / was.;)

Just saying.

The best advice I had for my screaming pads was :-
a) Don't move from sintered pads
b) Clean (ie sandpaper) rotors and pads -- and bed in properly.
c) Regularly use Disc brake cleaning spray after every/ every other ride ( I assume Isopropyl does same) -- I just give a spray without removing pads . I test brakes when I start every ride ( probably unnecessary but its a ritual!)

This solved the screaming problem. Bleeding later really tightened up the feel.

d) Try other pads when time is right -- I'm still learning and the Galfers I changed to later are great.

Only (re)-pointing out as it is ironic how many 2021 owners seem to 'still' have the screaming problem after Specialized changed to Shimano brakes from SRAM.
Mine were cleaned twice (pads and rotors). Once by me and once by a professional (bike shop). Only fix was new pads. Never had howl from any brake unless they were wet or very hot after long descents and never have cleaned my brakes specifically after riding, not once in 15 years lol. I actually never had issues with my 20’ levo’s sram brakes, at least a howling one.

With that amount of people I have seen on this forum with 7120 slx all having issues with the shimano pads, something is up with the pads.

After the bike shop replaced the front and left the cleaned rear shimano pads in, the howl came back very quick. Less than a mile. Then after that, howl comes after 10-15seconds of a descending trail. Mechanic even noted the pads seemed to keep having a weird color/ blackness come back. Thinking maybe the pad is contaminated all the way through. Calipers nor brake line are leaking oil. So idk and don’t really care now that the new pads solved the issue!

tacoma22

Dec 8, 2019
California
Great day out. Did the first 23 miles and 4k and still had 43%. Ended with 18% after a 20min turbo climb. And the last bit of miles. Turbo eats the battery really quick.
Most of the day was in trail. Also, the trp pads were silent all day.

65CCAD36-600F-45C2-A74E-ABD07D2B376A.jpeg

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
Greeting everyone, first post here on the forum. I Picked up a turbo levo comp November 1st (a birthday gift to myself) and have been having a blast! Its mostly stock, but i did convert it to tubliss.I've been riding solo mostly in the dark on single track, i have a 4200L gemini bike light and a oxbow voyager helmet light, so ive got plenty of light. Im happy with most everything so far. My one issue is the brake howl...This seems to be a common topic. Im interested in changing pads, would anybody share a link to pads they have been happy with, or can recommend?
I have Magura MT7's on my YT Decoy Elite and run MTX pads (gold in the front/red in the rear). No brake squeal and the work awesome! Front has insane stopping power and awesome modulation on the rear.

Wheels

Dec 15, 2020
Astoria
I rode tonight for the first time with the 36t sprocket. Much preferred to the 32t. I rode with a amatuer ( even more so than me) friend who was on a old diamond back hardtail. It was tight technical with little elevation change. I found that the ff pedals just fine with no assistance. Pedaling seemed easier with the 36t than the 32t, is this make sense, or am i imagining it?

Jline2020

Dec 9, 2020
Boulder
I rode tonight for the first time with the 36t sprocket. Much preferred to the 32t. I rode with a amatuer ( even more so than me) friend who was on a old diamond back hardtail. It was tight technical with little elevation change. I found that the ff pedals just fine with no assistance. Pedaling seemed easier with the 36t than the 32t, is this make sense, or am i imagining it?
Pedaling should be easier with the 32 tooth sprocket. Maybe you are going faster and it just feels like it is easier?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles