My Chinese frame and motor build. The CHEEB, V1.0 - Build Thread

AlexRus

Mar 30, 2019
Russia
And yet another question, while trying to mount the lower crankcase, the only screws I have left are the four ones on the picture; but they don't fit. Where is my mistake ?
The two lower ones fit, the two upper ones do not - you need longer ones and with a different head.
I had the same problem

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
And yet another question, while trying to mount the lower crankcase, the only screws I have left are the four ones on the picture; but they don't fit. Where is my mistake ?

View attachment 69520
Not Your mistake - its Dengfu‘s mistake! You need 2 M5 Hex Screws with sunk head. The other 2 screws will work.

6C3D8F55-D923-4319-B55B-9D31F200137A.jpeg

09FB1371-DFE3-4C7A-A275-6B438AABE581.jpeg

Roy68

Mar 4, 2021
UK Herts
Hei Guys
i have purchased the frame and motor from dengfu for a friend.Did you get a tracking number or it comes later?I have purchased 5 days ago
Don't think you'll get a tracking number for quite a while, my frame and motor took around 4 months but lead time may have improved now. Suggest you send an email to Melody to ask how long

savas

Oct 16, 2018
sofia
Yes i will talk with her.Actually i see right now the set is availabale on Tosa bikes.But at the day of purchase they didn' t have anything.Anyway i'will w8 gor a feedback

mdlampe

Jul 4, 2021
uk
Hi Rob or anyone,

I searched all thru this post and could not see where you had to cut the fork steer tube down to fit the e10. I take it you did? I will be building mine when the frame arrives and wondered if you had any other advice on the fork installation, other than the video.

Cheers,
Mike

markvanhaze77

Jun 14, 2021
GB
Hi Rob or anyone,

I searched all thru this post and could not see where you had to cut the fork steer tube down to fit the e10. I take it you did? I will be building mine when the frame arrives and wondered if you had any other advice on the fork installation, other than the video.

Cheers,
Mike
Well depends on your fork of course but yes, you will need to cut it. Plenty of videos on YT to follow on how thats done. I didnt even have the fancy tools so I just used a dremel and a metal file.

mdlampe

Jul 4, 2021
uk
Well depends on your fork of course but yes, you will need to cut it. Plenty of videos on YT to follow on how thats done. I didnt even have the fancy tools so I just used a dremel and a metal file.
Thanks Mark,
Ive watched a few videos but as this is my first build so I'm researching things five different ways. I ordered a guide to help my hacksaw cut a straight line, which it always refuses to do.
Cheers, Mike

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Thanks Mark,
Ive watched a few videos but as this is my first build so I'm researching things five different ways. I ordered a guide to help my hacksaw cut a straight line, which it always refuses to do.
Cheers, Mike

use a plumber's pipe cutter

Roy68

Mar 4, 2021
UK Herts
^This
I have one of these for when my new forks finally arrive
Yeah pipe cutter always works for me, nice clean cut and perfectly straight. Just remember to take it nice and slowly

mdlampe

Jul 4, 2021
uk

mdlampe

Jul 4, 2021
uk
Feck that! Never painting a frame again ? A lot of work. Also I like the slab grey Zeb / purple contrast ?
Hi Rob,
On V1 Cheeb, now many cans of spray did that take you? I see they sell kits but wondered if it took you 2 or 3 kits, (one base, one colour, one clear per kit)? It's obvoiusly hard work and time consuming. I used to do cars.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Hi Rob,
On V1 Cheeb, now many cans of spray did that take you? I see they sell kits but wondered if it took you 2 or 3 kits, (one base, one colour, one clear per kit)? It's obvoiusly hard work and time consuming. I used to do cars.
I think I bought 4 cans but had a can left

Kiwin

Mar 24, 2021
France
Hi All,

does anyone know where I can find spare derailleur hangers for the E10 ?

I would like to have some in case the one I have breaks.

I would also like to modify one a bit in order to move the derailleur a little toward the front. I feel that my derailleur does not allow the chain to work on enough teeth and it would be better tuned if it could be moved of 2-3 mm front.

Any idea ?

mdlampe

Jul 4, 2021
uk
Hi All,

does anyone know where I can find spare derailleur hangers for the E10 ?

I would like to have some in case the one I have breaks.

I would also like to modify one a bit in order to move the derailleur a little toward the front. I feel that my derailleur does not allow the chain to work on enough teeth and it would be better tuned if it could be moved of 2-3 mm front.

Any idea ?
I have the same question, I have just emailed Melody at Dengfu, waiting a reply.

Dengfu

Mar 29, 2021
Australia
Question re:

IMG_20210930_092749_661~2.jpg

What torque should this be?

Also, at the other side, should it look like this (threads showing) or is there a part missing?

IMG_20210930_093050_401~2.jpg

Kiwin

Mar 24, 2021
France
bafang_parts.png

I'd like to buy the spare parts on the schema. It seems bafang won"t sell the part in the blue circle separately from the chainring.
Do you know elsewhere I could buy such corresponding part ? (I don't even know how to name it) I would like to find a lighter one...

savas

Oct 16, 2018
sofia
Hi Team,
anyone knows where to get a bms which can do Can communication with the motor ?There was a link long time ago .I have received my 2nd frame ,this time only with battery box.Soon the motor will be delivered as well.

Sheff73

Feb 13, 2021
UK
Hi Team,
anyone knows where to get a bms which can do Can communication with the motor ?There was a link long time ago .I have received my 2nd frame ,this time only with battery box.Soon the motor will be delivered as well.

Are you thinking you need a BMS with CAN communication for the motor to work when making / supplying your own battery? If so, that is not the case.

savas

Oct 16, 2018
sofia
Hi Sheff73,
yes in order to get the correct battery status i guess.But thinking about it you are correct it is going to be difficult to get the job done.The provided battery from Dengfu,does it use can communicationor Uart at all?

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Your voltage levels on the screen will show correctly without the CanBus BMS, its just the other stuff like how many more miles to go, number of charges, Coloumb counting for better management etc which on some screens will not be able to be shown.

Sheff73

Feb 13, 2021
UK
Hi Sheff73,
yes in order to get the correct battery status i guess.But thinking about it you are correct it is going to be difficult to get the job done.The provided battery from Dengfu,does it use can communicationor Uart at all?

All I can say from my experience / build (and others on here) is that to get the system to work (and show the voltage correctly on teh display), you just need to connect your battery directly to the XT60 connection on the motor, simple as that :)

Sunburntwily

Jan 28, 2021
Australia
All I can say from my experience / build (and others on here) is that to get the system to work (and show the voltage correctly on teh display), you just need to connect your battery directly to the XT60 connection on the motor, simple as that :)
I didn't realise you could display voltage. I only have percentage displayed. How do I get voltage displayed please?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles