Dengfu E10 - The CHEEB V1.0 - Discussion

Kyokushin

Mar 28, 2021
Sol
Can you climb steep hills for a long time without the engine overheating and reducing the power?
Yes, climbing is not a problem - at least for my use-cases. The overheating comes only on long flat, for example 15 minutes of riding around 45-50km/h, but its enough to stop on traffic lights, or slow down a bit and its getting cooler and power back.

But thats also depend of few things, i put more air to tyres (at now i am run mostly on flat) and overheating gone, and finally i have same range, maybe even slightly better, than on stock M500 13A f/w (thats rather cause of pressure, not firmware i think).

In overall i am very happy from this mod, i got what i liked to have since the beginning.

Of course the Bosch is very good and stock engine, probably more durable and less overheating than my mod, but end to end, i see rather no downsides of M500+ (as we know here, the perception and opinion may be different on different person).
Only real possible downside is a risk of melting plastig gear. I got 2 spares, but so far, so good.

I would like to pick the new bosch, but there is no option to connect throttle, or remove the speed limit in some 'clean' way, thats the reason i am on Bafang.

Last edited:

LAnton

May 12, 2022
Russia
Haven't read the whole thread, but just wondering if there are some Chinese manufactures that make Aluminum frames similar to these as not so sure on the whole carbon thing. Just wondering.... and dreaming....
That is, I myself have been rolling on this for 2 years. I had 2 bikes M620-1000W and M600-500W. Seroxat. Strong, heavy, beautiful. But there are small problems in the back of the triangle with wires that deteriorate over time. Dengfu makes frames much better and more professional.

LAnton

May 12, 2022
Russia
Me to.
Since the begining my M500 have a problem to switch on/off after several time of ride. i have found alternative by invalidating the economic mode who switch off automatically the motor. But this morning it do not start at all.

I'm very angry to dengfu and bafang of this situation. Dengfu answer only if you want to purchase and bafang answer to say that they do not support directely the final customer. I try since several month to avoid that this failure occur. and no way. imopssible to purchase motor spare parts, only comlete motor. I have finally ordered another motor for spare, but time i will recive i can't use my bike.

Disgusted. they have no respect for their customer.
Have you solved the problem with the faulty motor?

ficorama

Oct 9, 2021
Croatia
yes, bafang service center have returned an standard exchange controler and no more problems
it is possible that some controllers are not working! i can no longer install firmware in m510. does not receive any fw! on another engine I install without problems!

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Did Bafang say anything, why can't I update the firmware?
Few people (not me) can communicate directely with bafang, they only want to exchange with the sub-supplier who purchase lot of motor, not the final customer. They have explain me that they have several level of warranty servicies when they sale the motors and the EU service center is only acessible for dealer who purchase motor with this servicie. It's a big problems when you purchase motor to chiness dealer, you need to return the defected parts to the dealer first and wait they deal with bafang. Personally i needed to fight 3 months with bafang for they accept to solve my controler problem and they does it only because nobody could sale me one at this time. Now i prefered to store an spare motor, it's always less expensive than an complete other brand motors.

Last edited:

Kyokushin

Mar 28, 2021
Sol
Sorry so with the m500 can the speed limit be turned off for private road/land?
I don’t want to order one and be stuck at 15pmh off road?
yes, but there is no easy way to do that (you need "bafang bessst tool" and laptop). @Dado is workin' on module that will allow you to do it on-the-fly.
Imo the M500/M510/M600 are still good opions if you like to derestrict a bike or add the throttle.

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
If there will be demand, I can look at it (it is not done in one week ;)) With water resistance can be problem if installed outside the frame. 3D printed parts are not waterproof. ;) Have an idea - to coat inside of case with silicone layer. But needs to be tested...

52nd

Apr 30, 2021
Israel
Hi, please help me to understand, how to route the 1t3 cable through the frame. Should I cut it or is there a way to disassemble it for routing?
20220710_185921.jpg
? I've tried to unscrew, but the wires sit firmly. Thanks

ficorama

Oct 9, 2021
Croatia
Hi, please help me to understand, how to route the 1t3 cable through the frame. Should I cut it or is there a way to disassemble it for routing? View attachment 92085 ? I've tried to unscrew, but the wires sit firmly. Thanks
take out the aluminum insert from the frame, there is an opening on it that is cut so that you can insert the cable. and simply put it back in the frame.

mgx

Feb 18, 2021
Slovakia
no, i am building 2 bikes now, you have invalid insert. contact supplier to sent you a correct one. Or ask somebody in HW store to cut you bottom part...

ficorama

Oct 9, 2021
Croatia
Hello everyone. unfortunately I decided to sell Dengfu. if someone is interested, it can be complete or in parts. send a message and let's make an agreement.
list of equipment on the bicycle.
Frame: Dengfu e10 XL
Motor Bafang M510
Battery:21700 Samsucells smart bms I have 2 pcs.
One: 52v 14s4p 20ah
Second: 48v 13s2p 10ah
Charger 48v and 52v depends on the battery
Fork: Rockshox 35 150mm
Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate RCT Debon Air 210x55mm
Brakes: Shimano mt420 203 rotor
Tire Schwalbe Nobby Nic 29x2.6
Dropper 170mm
Rear derailleur shimano xt 12 spd
Cassette: shimano deore 12 spd
Shifter: shimano deore 12 spd
Cranks 170mm
Stem and handlebar 31.8 760mm

I have another M510 engine, besst tolls, Miranda cranks 160mm.... ask, everything can be found. I ship within the EU! payment is PayPal with buyer protection.

here are some pictures. the price for the bike is 3000 eur!
it would be best to send the bike in parts, because transporting the assembled bike is very expensive.

And it can also be sold in parts

Since private purchase no guarantee or returns

20220802_144609.jpg

20220802_144626.jpg

20220802_144655.jpg

20220802_144703.jpg

20220802_144715.jpg

20220802_144725.jpg

20220802_144733.jpg

Last edited:

CaptainBobt

Jun 23, 2022
Usa
In some sides the lacquer is perfect, in others it is inhomogeneous.
View attachment 87432
View attachment 87433
View attachment 87434
Its hard to tell but it looks like 2 possible things looks like either boiling clear coat, wich happens if they don't let the first coat flash off and evaporate all the solvent before applying additional coats. Or they just cleared over the raw carbon without base coat paint or prep. You can fix it easily for under 50 bucks little bit of work but doable.

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Hello ebikers.

K1 eBikes has designed small, portable and simple K1 CAN Monitor & Speed Unlocker - no need computer or mess with BESST. Works ONLY with Bafang motors with CAN bus (green connector to display with "house" shape 5 pin connector).

For more info check the following link:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31...

How to unlock speed:
https://youtu.be/6z3TzEqNWsQ

If you interested, send an email to [email protected], will answer any questions and will send user manual.
K1 CAN Monitor is determined for testing purpose only and is not waterproof.

CANMon2.JPG

skismith

Aug 6, 2019
Hinckley uk
Hi, dos any one know if standard Bosch crank arms with the centre bolt fixing can be used on the Bafang M510, my motor is due shortly & i want shorter cranks , thanks in advance.

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
Hi, dos any one know if standard Bosch crank arms with the centre bolt fixing can be used on the Bafang M510, my motor is due shortly & i want shorter cranks , thanks in advance.
No. Only option I know is Miranda cranks for Bafang proprietary spline, available in 5mm steps from 150 to 170. Check FB Group Bafang M500/510/600 for discount code.

ronystar

Jan 24, 2023
germany
Assembling my E10 frame:

Does someone know where these four ~20mm o-rings should go?

View attachment 89088

My E10 frame came from Dengfu completely disassembled (it seems earlier frames came pre-assembled with a plastic rear shock spacer).

In addition to the five main frame pieces & shock mount, there's a little bag with three dozen bolts and washers etc. Many of them are subtly (but importantly!) different. Four washers already have o-rings fitted in a 1mm groove. No other washers have a similar groove (though many have a one-sided lip, which despite trying, will not reliably hold an o-ring).

View attachment 89089
View attachment 89090

Melody very kindly shared an assembly video with me taken in the Dengfu factory (showing assembly of a branded bike for the US market ;)) which has made it pretty easy to do a dry-run build, making sure I have all the right parts.

But... I have four rubber o-rings roughly 20mm in diameter that I do not see used in the assembly video???

My thoughts are:

1. These are spare o-rings in case the pre-fitted ones on the four washers are damaged. (unlikely I think)
2. These o-rings should go between the shock bushings and frame articulation points (see image below & red arrows) to protect the bushings from moisture.
3. They're intended for another articulation point????

View attachment 89091

Thanks for your help!
Hi djol, I have the same problem to receive a disassambled frame and not 100% sure with some parts. Would it be possible to share the video with me ?

BR and thx for your reply
Jens

ronystar

Jan 24, 2023
germany
Hi all, I am new and I hope I do not ask existing questions (at least I do not find it).

I want to build my own MTB based on a dengfu e10. I ordered it without finsih and therefore I receive it completly disassambled box without any instruction. Now I am not 100% sure for mainly which spacer needs to be plugged where.

Mainly I have no idea where the four spacer with the o-rings needs to be placed ?

Have anyone a instruction/video/fotos ?

Thx for your support and this cool formum

IMG_20230124_141008.jpg

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles