Dengfu E10 - The CHEEB V1.0 - Discussion

angel_grin

Feb 13, 2023
Australia
Hi all i’m new here. And want to build an e duro bike for downhill use I am a tinkerer and dont want to be locked down by the big manufacturers also trying to save money :). Is the dengfu e10 rated for double black trails? Anyone experienced catastrophic failure?

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Hi all i’m new here. And want to build an e duro bike for downhill use I am a tinkerer and dont want to be locked down by the big manufacturers also trying to save money :). Is the dengfu e10 rated for double black trails? Anyone experienced catastrophic failure?
You would be better with the Australian Typhoon, more Enduro Geo.

But no reports yet of any failures, but then I would doubt that other than Robs video of it being used in a jump park, that many of us are really pushing it to its limits.

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
If You like, check my earlier postings. I speced my size L E10 with mullet wheels, longer stroke coil rear shock to 170 mm rear travel, and installed a 180 mm fork. I don’t do 30ft gaps, but I run the bike in bikepark and rughest enduro conditions for almost 2 years now. Handles like a dream and is capable of anything I can handle. No defects yet.

I.A.M.

Mar 27, 2023
Portugal
This thread is for generally discussing "The CHEEB" and the DENGFU E10, opinions, thoughts and so on so as not to clutter the main Cheeb build thread so it's easier for people for find technical information. Technical discussions and build information can be found in the main CHEEB build thread here :

Motor and battery arrived a few weeks ago. Bafang M500, 95nm, 48v system with EU 250w rating. Battery is a 840Wh huge in tube battery.

View attachment 51120

Frame:
Full Carbon frame set with fairly (by China frame standards) modern geometry.

I ordered the XL, 510mm in reach. HA is 66 degree but I will run bigger fork and mullet, so likely end up around 64.5 ish.

The frame is from Dengfu. They even supply full leverage curve, anti squat, pedal kickback etc graphs and figures! No idea of accuracy, but at least they are included

Frame is called the Dengfu E10 and here is the link. For some reason its labelled as E11 on the charts, but the Dengfu E10 is the actual product.

Ebikes are getting crazy expensive. Many brands are hitting over £10,000 for the high end builds.

A lot of people would like to get into ebiking but the big barrier to entry can be the price.

Can an ebike be built at a reasonable cost? What if you already own a lot of parts and would like to put them towards something new?

Since frame / motor sets are pretty much non existent in the ebike world, this seems like it could be a viable option to build your own decent ebike at a very reasonable price

I want to build a full carbon 170 / 150mm travel ebike for under £4k. I’m also super curious how it’ll perform against the big dogs.

I want to see what the associated risks of doing this are.How long does it take, shipping, warranty, build etc etc.

It’ll have a RockShox Zeb, Super Deluxe ultimate, DT Swiss H1700 wheelset, Shimano 10 speed drivetrain, and yes, it all comes in at less than £4000 for a full carbon ebike with proper components.

Goal is sub 24KG. I think I can do it!

COSTS:

The frame set, battery and motor costs, including U.K. Shipping and duties had a total cost £1,694.44

Current total build cost, even including tyre sealant is £3888.55. This could further be reduced by ‘downgrading’ fork to a Lyrik, the Shock to a Select, and the wheelset to a H1900 set from DT Swiss. With that kind of setup it’ll be around £3400.

You’ll need some shock hardware. The size is as follows

16.5mm x 8mm linkage
32mm x 8mm frame mount

I got mine from @Offset

you can find it here - Shock Bushings | Dengfu E10 Bafang

www.offsetbushings.com
£24

Frame has arrived and so far it seems great. Finish is good quality, cable runs seem decent. Includes headset bearings, seat tube clamp, steerer tube expanding head doctor thing (bit like Hope's version), battery release key, wheel axle, bottom battery cover that can be removed with hex keys (x4 bolts).

View attachment 51125

View attachment 51131

View attachment 51130

Dear E-Emtb community,

Inspired by Rob`s project (as I suspect the majority of us were), I also went and bought an E10, as my first E-MTB.

I hope to be able to try it this upcoming weekend, but for the meantime I will already share some photos of my build.

I would like to thank Rob and everyone that contributed and shared their projects and experience, without whom my project would fail miserably.

I am not much of Internet forum user, however should you have questions about my project, I will try my best to reply.

Cheers!
Iuri

IMG-20230324-WA0006.jpeg IMG-20230324-WA0008.jpeg IMG-20230324-WA0012.jpeg

minomax

Apr 21, 2023
Austria
Hi

I am new here. Can any onybody help me.with the colour codes of the cables please? Attached.photos.

One port remains empt, correct?

And this other red an black is for Lights?

thx very mich. best wishes Max

IMG_20230421_212458.jpg IMG_20230421_210727.jpg

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
Hi

I am new here. Can any onybody help me.with the colour codes of the cables please? Attached.photos.

One port remains empt, correct?

And this other red an black is for Lights?

thx very mich. best wishes Max

View attachment 112270 View attachment 112271
this one is for light. if u dont use light so leave it. we only use 3 ports, 1 connect to battery, 1 for display and 1 for speed sensor.

ficorama

Oct 9, 2021
Croatia
Hi everyone. new bike assembled. color dodge challenger plum crazy purple pearl metallic. the components are more or less visible. weight 23.5-24 kg. XL frame, M510 fc2, 36V. 🔋 800wh 36v, 22700 panasonic cells. today the first ride, 24km 1100 met altitude, passes 1-4, mostly 2 and 3 30% spent. consumption very good. bosch and giant motor would consume 40-50% on this route. very big improvement compared to FC 1. enough power, I can compare with bosch gen4 85nm and giant syncdrive pro 85nm. m510 gives more support at lower cadence, enough power for any uphill, no sudden power delivery like bosch and giant. bosch and giant are a bit smooth. while in my opinion the m510 has a more natural feel. all in all very good, I need to play with the engine settings a little more, I believe it can be adjusted even better. the whole bike price-quality ratio at the top of the offer.

IMG_20230617_165346.jpg IMG_20230617_165404.jpg IMG_20230617_170849.jpg

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
Hi everyone. new bike assembled. color dodge challenger plum crazy purple pearl metallic. the components are more or less visible. weight 23.5-24 kg. XL frame, M510 fc2, 36V. 🔋 800wh 36v, 22700 panasonic cells. today the first ride, 24km 1100 met altitude, passes 1-4, mostly 2 and 3 30% spent. consumption very good. bosch and giant motor would consume 40-50% on this route. very big improvement compared to FC 1. enough power, I can compare with bosch gen4 85nm and giant syncdrive pro 85nm. m510 gives more support at lower cadence, enough power for any uphill, no sudden power delivery like bosch and giant. bosch and giant are a bit smooth. while in my opinion the m510 has a more natural feel. all in all very good, I need to play with the engine settings a little more, I believe it can be adjusted even better. the whole bike price-quality ratio at the top of the offer.

View attachment 118058 View attachment 118059 View attachment 118060
Good to read your review. M510 FC 2.0 so far is the best M series Bafang ever made.

ficorama

Oct 9, 2021
Croatia
Good to read your review. M510 FC 2.0 so far is the best M series Bafang ever made.
there is still room for engine improvement. let's hope that with a future upgrade the engine will be improved. I adjusted the settings a bit, it can be adjusted nicely.

Sunburntwily

Jan 28, 2021
Australia
Hi all, It may very well be somewhere in this 42 page discussion, so I apologise if it is. Has anyone had any success with the Bafang Go app. For me the app just turns off. I can open settings but that's about it. Push anything else and it closes. Disappointing at the least.

Karamba!

May 29, 2023
Santiago, Chile
I have fully assembled my E10/M510 bike except for the shock, because the seller did not send the bushings (I will make a full thread about my purchasing experience soon) and the battery.
One thing that I'm observing is that the chain line seems to be quite suboptimal. It's like the provided Bafang spider or the chainring should have easily 6 mm more offset (towards the frame). I have a Deore 5100 11t-51t cassette, and the chain line currently goes through the 4th cog. I don't see how the transmission is going to perform well with the bigger cogs, particularly in the 51t one.
Can any one comment on this?
Greatly appreciated

dvng

May 21, 2021
Malaysia
I have fully assembled my E10/M510 bike except for the shock, because the seller did not send the bushings (I will make a full thread about my purchasing experience soon) and the battery.
One thing that I'm observing is that the chain line seems to be quite suboptimal. It's like the provided Bafang spider or the chainring should have easily 6 mm more offset (towards the frame). I have a Deore 5100 11t-51t cassette, and the chain line currently goes through the 4th cog. I don't see how the transmission is going to perform well with the bigger cogs, particularly in the 51t one.
Can any one comment on this?
Greatly appreciated
No issue, you will need the medium cage derailleueur and maybe a 118 links chain

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
I think mine with 36T front ring has either 118 or 120 links by memory. No need to worry about the offset, modern derailleurs are pretty good and will shift across no problem.

Karamba!

May 29, 2023
Santiago, Chile
Thanks all for your input. I hope that all goes well in this front with that I have, as I went far beyond my former budget due to a horrible buying experience. If I find issues with shifting, I will explore adding spacers to offset the chainring to improve the chainline. I will report my findings.

Sixdays

Nov 22, 2020
MAN
can someone please help. I purchased the DT swiss wheels with free hub, but i noticed that there is no where to bolt the shimano disc? is there a special adapter required or have I got the wrong wheels? I used the wheels from someones build... Thanks

Lucky Luke

Feb 19, 2021
Hola
Voy a vender mi cuadro Dengfu 10 talla M
Consiste en:
Cuadro carbono DENGFU E10
Batería 840W
Extensor 300W
Mando BAFANG DP E181.CAN
Amortiguador DOX DPX2 FACTORY
Motor Bafang M600
Dirección
cableado

Mensaje privado Interesados

1691667846312.jpg 1691667846321.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles