Dengfu E10 - The CHEEB V1.0 - Discussion

SchadowMaster

Aug 12, 2021
Germany
you have not washers between bearings and carbon ?
I have inner washers on each side.
20220505_230215.jpg

SchadowMaster

Aug 12, 2021
Germany
Why would you put grease on the outside of the bearing seal or am I reading your question incorrectly. All the action takes place within the bearing where only a light smear of grease is needed as its a low speed movement. Technically if you fill the void between the bearings then all you are doing is attracting dirt which eventually will get under the seal and damage the internals.
I will only apply grease to the internal parts that are likely to be subjected to friction.

SchadowMaster

Aug 12, 2021
Germany
I dont think you need to put grease anywhere where you have sealed bearings. You could put a bit of anti-seize on the fasteners, and if you ever have the bearings pulled out, then you could put a bit of that on the surfaces when replacing.
But I think a little grease is useful in preventing the entry of water and moisture.
There are different opinions about this. 🙃

Last edited:

djol

Feb 28, 2022
Tasmania, Australia
Assembling my E10 frame:

Does someone know where these four ~20mm o-rings should go?

unknown-o-ring.jpg

My E10 frame came from Dengfu completely disassembled (it seems earlier frames came pre-assembled with a plastic rear shock spacer).

In addition to the five main frame pieces & shock mount, there's a little bag with three dozen bolts and washers etc. Many of them are subtly (but importantly!) different. Four washers already have o-rings fitted in a 1mm groove. No other washers have a similar groove (though many have a one-sided lip, which despite trying, will not reliably hold an o-ring).

bolts-washers.jpg

washer-with-o-ring.jpg

Melody very kindly shared an assembly video with me taken in the Dengfu factory (showing assembly of a branded bike for the US market ;)) which has made it pretty easy to do a dry-run build, making sure I have all the right parts.

But... I have four rubber o-rings roughly 20mm in diameter that I do not see used in the assembly video???

My thoughts are:

1. These are spare o-rings in case the pre-fitted ones on the four washers are damaged. (unlikely I think)
2. These o-rings should go between the shock bushings and frame articulation points (see image below & red arrows) to protect the bushings from moisture.
3. They're intended for another articulation point????

rear-shock.jpg

Thanks for your help!

bram.biesiekierski

Apr 18, 2022
Perth WA Australia
Assembling my E10 frame:

Does someone know where these four ~20mm o-rings should go?

View attachment 89088

My E10 frame came from Dengfu completely disassembled (it seems earlier frames came pre-assembled with a plastic rear shock spacer).

In addition to the five main frame pieces & shock mount, there's a little bag with three dozen bolts and washers etc. Many of them are subtly (but importantly!) different. Four washers already have o-rings fitted in a 1mm groove. No other washers have a similar groove (though many have a one-sided lip, which despite trying, will not reliably hold an o-ring).

View attachment 89089
View attachment 89090

Melody very kindly shared an assembly video with me taken in the Dengfu factory (showing assembly of a branded bike for the US market ;)) which has made it pretty easy to do a dry-run build, making sure I have all the right parts.

But... I have four rubber o-rings roughly 20mm in diameter that I do not see used in the assembly video???

My thoughts are:

1. These are spare o-rings in case the pre-fitted ones on the four washers are damaged. (unlikely I think)
2. These o-rings should go between the shock bushings and frame articulation points (see image below & red arrows) to protect the bushings from moisture.
3. They're intended for another articulation point????

View attachment 89091

Thanks for your help!
They go on the spacers that go between the joints for the seat stay and chain stay pivots.

The spacers have a machined groove to accept the o rings on thier outer circumferecne. Although, looking at the counter bore they go into, I very much doubt they would do anything.

captainhightop

Feb 26, 2021
UK
Anyone fitted one of these, is it the same tool as a BOSCH mid-drive?
1653835984498.png

The Bosch one seems to look right but I'd rather confirm that someone has used it before ordering. I'm using the old silver lockring from the M600 at the moment which works with the tool I already have, but I'd rather use the one supplied with the M510 below.
1653835669664.png

SchadowMaster

Aug 12, 2021
Germany
Anyone fitted one of these, is it the same tool as a BOSCH mid-drive?
View attachment 89118
The Bosch one seems to look right but I'd rather confirm that someone has used it before ordering. I'm using the old silver lockring from the M600 at the moment which works with the tool I already have, but I'd rather use the one supplied with the M510 below.
View attachment 89117
I think it fits and I ordered it still in shipping, in case you're not in a hurry I'll let you know after testing.

Alan Simpson

Feb 11, 2022
Altrincham
Finally finished and really pleased with set up. First time using a coil and I am converted! 216x63 Cane Creek with Progressive Valt coil. 170mm front travel. Being XL it is big but suits me (192cm and 98kg).
PXL_20220519_173240767.jpg
PXL_20220517_161601174.jpg
PXL_20220519_173155116.jpg

With a bit of care I also managed to fit the standard Bafang chain guard with no modification or rubbing. Just needs to go as far forward as possible.

SchadowMaster

Aug 12, 2021
Germany
Finally finished and really pleased with set up. First time using a coil and I am converted! 216x63 Cane Creek with Progressive Valt coil. 170mm front travel. Being XL it is big but suits me (192cm and 98kg). View attachment 89282 View attachment 89280 View attachment 89281
With a bit of care I also managed to fit the standard Bafang chain guard with no modification or rubbing. Just needs to go as far forward as possible.
Nice Build! 😍
Is the motor M600 and what is the chainring size?

Alan Simpson

Feb 11, 2022
Altrincham
Nice Build! 😍
Is the motor M600 and what is the chainring size?
I went for the M500 to stay legal. It is definitely less powerful that a Bosch, but to be honest I want (and need) to feel like I have put some effort into a ride so the M500 is very natural and quiet and works for me.
The chainring is the standard one that comes with the motor - 34T I believe......

SchadowMaster

Aug 12, 2021
Germany
The tool is compatible with this lock ring from Bosch, but can we use this ring to tighten the chainring with Bafang M510 motor?
I'm looking for a solution because I don't have an extra old lock ring.
This is cheaper than the old Bafang lock ring and more available for sale.
Screenshot_20220603-171907_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

ficorama

Oct 9, 2021
Croatia

ficorama

Oct 9, 2021
Croatia

Kyokushin

Mar 28, 2021
Sol
I went for the M500 to stay legal. It is definitely less powerful that a Bosch, but to be honest I want (and need) to feel like I have put some effort into a ride so the M500 is very natural and quiet and works for me.
The chainring is the standard one that comes with the motor - 34T I believe......
I put the M600 controller to M500, its still legal, i have 1.1 kW in peak and Bosch may "see rear tyre" ;).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles