My Chinese frame and motor build. The CHEEB, V1.0 - Build Thread

markvanhaze77

Jun 14, 2021
GB
any suggestion where in the UK I can get a 30mm 29er boost wheelset now? I have been searching online for days now and nobody has anything in stock unless you want to spend 600+ on a wheelset.

MBj1703

Jul 15, 2021
Germany, near Munich
Realy great thread, thanks a lot!!

I built a view bikes in the past and after seeing this, I'm back :LOL:
At the moment, I'm fine with my tuned (not the motor) Haibike.

Next year, I will do my first Alps Cross from Garmisch to Lake Garda.
Therefore I need some more Battery.

I would like to build my own bike during the winter time.
So I decided for the E10 and the M600. The motor will be set to 600W and 25km/h max. to meet the local laws in Germany.
Battery around 800Wh should be fine.
Not sure about the Controller/Display yet.

When starting, I will have tons of questions :cool:

savas

Oct 16, 2018
sofia
HI guys,
some of you around 1.80m tall what frame did you pick as a size?A friend of mine would love also dengfu e10.I gave him to try mine, but it is too big for him.So what would you advice 19 or 17 inch frame.I am thinking the 17.He tried in the past my kenevo xl and it was also big for him.So in my opinion the kenevo xl 2018 is like 19 inch dengfu.What do you think?
1627996578731.png

Stefan_Marinov_23

Aug 5, 2021
Sofia
Hey there, awesome stuff you are doing!

1 question: How about the actual carbon composite technology?
They seem to be using unidirectional weave (UD), isnt that a bit of a risk?
There is so much twisting and turning and a lot of additional force applied almost 360 degrees.
Shouldnt there be a cross directional weave or something a bit more likely to absorb the pressure from all directions?

Greetings!

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
They seem to be using unidirectional weave (UD), isnt that a bit of a risk?
There is so much twisting and turning and a lot of additional force applied almost 360 degrees.
Shouldnt there be a cross directional weave or something a bit more likely to absorb the pressure from all directions?
Depends on what the under layers you can’t see are, pretty normal to put a fairly fine weave cloth on the outer layer which the frame has and then build layers up from there toward the hidden inside of the frame.

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
HI guys,
some of you around 1.80m tall what frame did you pick as a size?A friend of mine would love also dengfu e10.I gave him to try mine, but it is too big for him.So what would you advice 19 or 17 inch frame.I am thinking the 17.He tried in the past my kenevo xl and it was also big for him.So in my opinion the kenevo xl 2018 is like 19 inch dengfu.What do you think?
View attachment 67981
I‘m 183 cm and the 19‘“ fits perfect with short 40 mm Stem.

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
Hi. After using the bike do you usually take out the battery or leave it on the bike? Thanks
If I‘m outside the house and charge the battery, I remove it from the frame and place it on the stone floor away from anything that could burn. If I‘m at home, I leave the battery installed for charging / storage.

Stefan_Marinov_23

Aug 5, 2021
Sofia
Depends on what the under layers you can’t see are, pretty normal to put a fairly fine weave cloth on the outer layer which the frame has and then build layers up from there toward the hidden inside of the frame.
Thanks Waynemarlow that makes sense. I am wondering if this is the case with this particular frame E10 as there isnt much detail I found on how it has been built

Sunburntwily

Jan 28, 2021
Australia
HI guys,
View attachment 67981
I'm 171cm and I ride a 17" and its a perfect fit. I based my frame size on the "Reach" measurement if thats any help.

ornias

Jul 22, 2021
Netherlands
I would like to build my own bike during the winter time.
So I decided for the E10 and the M600. The motor will be set to 600W and 25km/h max. to meet the local laws in Germany.
Battery around 800Wh should be fine.
Not sure about the Controller/Display yet.
The m600 is NOT road legal in germany or the rest of the EU as ebike, only as speed pedelec (which means you are not allowed on most trails either). Regardless of the wattage settings.

EU law is about nominal RATED wattage. How this rating needs to be done is describe in additional documentation, but it's not just a firmware setting you can change yourself, it has to do with temperature equilibrium at a certain wattage.

markvanhaze77

Jun 14, 2021
GB
So im getting towards the end of my build but im at a loss on how to install the chainring. I even have the Bafang wrench but that wont fit in the chainring, seems like I need a socket for that. Any suggestions?

IMG_20210810_214730.jpg

Sheff73

Feb 13, 2021
UK
Just noticed the price of the tooll!!!! I paid half that a few months ago, so worth shopping around.

E-bay looks good.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles