My Chinese frame and motor build. The CHEEB, V1.0 - Build Thread

Nasty Nick

Dec 4, 2018
Ventura, CA US
I spent a bit of time Chatting with Tony and unfortunately for me and my countrymen, this frame is not available for import to the USA.
Defang has an exclusive distributorship with an unnamed Company here in the US. I am making assumptions that this will be the frame for the upcoming Luna X-2 (or what ever replaces the x-1).

Super excited to see how this Bike turns out. If someone outside the US wants to order 2 and ship me one let me know.
I was bummed to find this out today myself.

Kiwin

Mar 24, 2021
France
Hi !
Can someone tell me what is the expected size of rear rotor for the E10 frame (by default) ?
I need to know what kind of adapters I may need to fit a 180mm rotor on the rear.
Thanks for your help !

Stefan_Marinov_23

Aug 5, 2021
Sofia
Hey guys,
one question about the shipping incoterms. Which one did you use? EWX, FOB or? It would make a massive difference when it comes to import/export customs. Huge thanks

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
You need DDP, „delivery duty paid“. EXW is „ex works“, so You need to pick it up at the plant in China. FOB means „free on board“ wich means they pack an deliver it on board to Your truck / vessel / plane - but You have to pay seefreight / airfreight and all taxes and duty. Both options are „no option“? DDP is the only valid incoterm for You. The box will be shipped to Your door, including all freight cost, taxes and dutys. Thats what I did with my E10 frame, battery, motor, worked pretty fine. Hope that helps!

Stefan_Marinov_23

Aug 5, 2021
Sofia
You need DDP, „delivery duty paid“. EXW is „ex works“, so You need to pick it up at the plant in China. FOB means „free on board“ wich means they pack an deliver it on board to Your truck / vessel / plane - but You have to pay seefreight / airfreight and all taxes and duty. Both options are „no option“? DDP is the only valid incoterm for You. The box will be shipped to Your door, including all freight cost, taxes and dutys. Thats what I did with my E10 frame, battery, motor, worked pretty fine. Hope that helps!
Huge thanks for the fast and clear answer! Suppliers often push for ExW or FOB, so wasnt sure if something better would work here. Thanks again and happy bike riding.

markvanhaze77

Jun 14, 2021
GB
Did anybody attach lights to the Bafang M500/M600? Any tips on how to power some lights off the main battery so I dont need clunky stuff strapped to my handlebar?

Lucky Luke

Feb 19, 2021
IMG_20210818_151209.jpg

Last edited:

Puschtrale

Jan 19, 2021
Dobbiaco
Does anyone know if the e10 can be written as 29" front AND rear and how it performes? Would give it a try once but would need to buy an 29" er rear wheel first.

Lucky Luke

Feb 19, 2021
[QUOTE = "Puschtrale, publicación: 327608, miembro: 15029"]
¿Es posible actualizar el firmware también en este controlador?
[/CITA]
Creo que no es posible porque el modelo DP160 es muy fácil. El DP161 tiene bluetooth pero no lo sé

Kiwin

Mar 24, 2021
France
This one is a bit cheaper!
Thanks !!

I have another question now.
I have mounted the derailleur but I feel it is too much on the rear. To my mind, the problem is due to the stopper on the black metal leg on which the derailleur is mounted, the stopper makes the deraillleur leg go too high (in white on the picture). I would like it to be in the green direction I draw on the picture. And idea if we can order a different leg for the E10 ?

20210822_001122.jpg

Kiwin

Mar 24, 2021
France
And yet another question, while trying to mount the lower crankcase, the only screws I have left are the four ones on the picture; but they don't fit. Where is my mistake ?

20210822_003429.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles