Levo Gen 3 Official Specialized Gen 3 2022 Levo Megathread!

Nerds On Dirt MTB

Feb 20, 2023
The PNW
New Levo Pro owner. Well actually it has been sitting in my garage for almost a month waiting for parts (AXS gears). All setup and ready to go.

Question: Shouldn’t volume spacers be included with a new bike? I received 0 volume spacers with my new bike (ordered online from Specialized). Think I need some in the rear. View attachment 117821
Oddly enough there are no volume spacers in the box from Spec.

Haveland

Apr 21, 2022
New Brunswick, Canada
New Levo Pro owner. Well actually it has been sitting in my garage for almost a month waiting for parts (AXS gears). All setup and ready to go.

Question: Shouldn’t volume spacers be included with a new bike? I received 0 volume spacers with my new bike (ordered online from Specialized). Think I need some in the rear. View attachment 117821
The last two bikes I bought didn't come with any. My expert came with 3 tokens in the fork and zero in the shock

j.e.

Jun 29, 2020
Germany
the x2 has a very good bottom out resistance in my experience. Even with low pressure it never bottomed out. Try to add some air first and or add some damping / reduce rebound

dochabanero

Sep 8, 2019
Sweden
the x2 has a very good bottom out resistance in my experience. Even with low pressure it never bottomed out. Try to add some air first and or add some damping / reduce rebound

Yes, you’re right. I have some extra air in it now. I do however appreciate some more progressiveness.

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
Did I read somewhere that there is an offset bushing that negates the side load on the shock?

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Did I read somewhere that there is an offset bushing that negates the side load on the shock?

I believe this is the one that a few people suggested.

AlumiPro

May 1, 2023
California
So what is it doing exactly?
Moving the shock mount slightly to one side?
No, it’s acting like a uni-ball or ball joint to some degree. The inner orange sleeve has spherical movement inside the outer bushing, instead of it only allowing it to rotate inside the outer sleeve (like a standard bushing would do) This allows the shock to move freely between the frame and the second point of engagement.
They send a second/extra outer bushing, see attached pic to see the inside of it.

70E80DDC-AFC0-461C-B558-702E71CDB5BA.jpeg B35F8B3A-35B8-49EF-8208-7B018DBF529B.jpeg 2954CDB2-BED3-4DAE-B864-8FB2AC1D897B.jpeg

Andeh

May 30, 2023
Half Moon Bay, CA
Thanks for that link, I'd heard about those before I got my Levo and forgot about them. Just ordered 1. Push does the same thing on their current 11-6. EXT does on some of their eStorias but I think maybe not on the Levo for some reason.

You want the one he linked, the 8x20.

trx

Dec 5, 2022
Milan
I have it aswell, no problem so far, going to Finale Ligure tomorrow for a proper test! Yes it allows rotation on the other axis to compensate for twisting forces, it has a spherical joint

Hicksy 92

Nov 23, 2018
Stonesfield Oxfordshire
Morning All - trying to find an s4 comp carbon .. Seen this satin white sage version in stock ... has anyone seen this color in person? kind of prefer the black but this does look quite clean..

View attachment 117519

Although i did wonder if this was their more 'feminine -oriented color as the pink paired water bottle and grips might suggest..
View attachment 117518
Personally I’d go for the white over black

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
I have it aswell, no problem so far, going to Finale Ligure tomorrow for a proper test! Yes it allows rotation on the other axis to compensate for twisting forces, it has a spherical joint
How did it perform at Finale ?

trx

Dec 5, 2022
Milan
How did it perform at Finale ?
Flawlessly, actually the whole bike was a riot coming down Rollercoaster, so good! Also did some more rocky trails near Savona and can’t complain, actually the only thing is I need a bigger water bottle 😅.
I have the fork (36 rhythm) set up with Awk cartridge and small bump and mid stroke support are spot on, but I’m starting to think about dropping a Grip2 damper to see what’s like…

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
I've purchased the HG hub from Specialized and have all the 10 speed components ready to go.

I contacted Specialized on what 10 speed front chain ring to use and they said the sram 12 speed that is currently on there is sufficient. I did that with my previous ebike and the chain skipped occasionally on the rough stuff so I'm a bit skeptical. It doesn't need to be steel but would be preferred. I am just wondering if there is a special design that needs to be purchased as my last bike was a shimano.

I purchase this Shimano Steps SM-CRE80 eBike Chainring but I take it the design would not work with Specialized.

Tooks

Subscriber
Mar 29, 2020
Lincs UK
I've purchased the HG hub from Specialized and have all the 10 speed components ready to go.

I contacted Specialized on what 10 speed front chain ring to use and they said the sram 12 speed that is currently on there is sufficient. I did that with my previous ebike and the chain skipped occasionally on the rough stuff so I'm a bit skeptical. It doesn't need to be steel but would be preferred. I am just wondering if there is a special design that needs to be purchased as my last bike was a shimano.

I purchase this Shimano Steps SM-CRE80 eBike Chainring but I take it the design would not work with Specialized.

Apologies, you said ‘chainring’ but I heard ‘cassette’! 🤦

As long as the chainring you’ve purchased is 104BCD it should fit on your Levo crank spider, and you’ll be good to go. 👍

Plenty of companies make steel 10 speed 104BCD chain rings, and they should all fit the Levo and if you stay with the same size the factory chain retention device will work as well.

Praxis do one; Praxis Works E-Ring Wave 34t 104 BCD (Direct Threaded) £27.99

Reactions: iXi

MH80

Feb 20, 2021
Norway
Bought a new fork on sale, a fox 36, installed it, and lo and behold, the wheel wont fit. I have the carbon base model. It came with a rockshox 35 silver. Do I need a front wheel?? The new fork is boost.

Ribinrobin

Subscriber
Apr 16, 2021
Berkshire, UK
Bought a new fork on sale, a fox 36, installed it, and lo and behold, the wheel wont fit. I have the carbon base model. It came with a rockshox 35 silver. Do I need a front wheel?? The new fork is boost.
If it was cheap it was probably the 27.5 version as they don’t sell as well. If this is a case apart from changing the lowers your stuck.

Is it not fitting size wise or width?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles