Kenevo SL Official 2022 Kenevo SL (KSL) Megathread!

MatCret

Jan 21, 2024
France, FarWest France
The final build!
Went through some parts swapping, suspension settings tweaking to find the near ideal setup!
Still wondering why I need to over pressurize the shock and closing a lot the HSC (20psi more compared to Specialized starting point...) and still bottoming a lot (I need to open the shock to check how many volume reducers are fitted). The bike is really enjoyable to ride, up and down.

Details:
I'm 1.70m/72kg with gear+food+water.

Frame size: S2
Mullet setup.
+1° headset cup.
High position bottom bracket.

31.6/150mm dropper post, ONEUP.
SDG Bel Air saddle.

Handlebar, PRO 40mm rise, 5° up, 9° back. 740mm width. Started with an old renthal but I really like more backsweep...
Stem, BURGTEC enduro mk3, 42.5mm/0°
15mm of spacers, started with 25mm but went progressively down.
BARFLY stem GPS mount.
RACE FACE Half Nelson grips, cut...

155mm cranks from the KIDS TURBO LEVO.
CRANK BROTHERS E-mallet pedals.

ROCKSHOX LYRIK ULTIMATE 170mm, 42mm offset, ANDREANI damper piston, C1 air piston and half a FORMULA NEOPOS token.
MUCKYNUTS mudguard.

NEWMEN EVOLUTION SL EG 30 wheel set (29"27.5")
CONTINENTAL DH super soft, 19psi front/22psi back.
MILKIT valves.
Tubeless.

SRAM CODE RSC brakes.
200mm CENTERLINE discs.

Custom frame bag (spare parts, tools,...) made by Bikepacking Raoul | Lille
ONEUP pump holder, the only one I found to fit the shape of the down tube...
Old CANNONDALE pump.

SRAM GX EAGLE derailleur, K7, trigger and chain.

ALL electric/electronic connectors coated with dielectric grease, usually very muddy and wet here. But not today!!!

Will probably cut the steerer tube once I am sure of the height...

Tell me what you think of it!

1.jpeg
2.jpeg
3.jpeg
4.jpeg
5.jpeg
6.jpeg
7.jpeg
8.jpeg
9.jpeg
10.jpeg
11.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2023
US
The final build!
Went through some parts swapping, suspension settings tweaking to find the near ideal setup!
Still wondering why I need to over pressurize the shock and closing a lot the HSC (20psi more compared to Specialized starting point...) and still bottoming a lot (I need to open the shock to check how many volume reducers are fitted). The bike is really enjoyable to ride, up and down.

Details:
I'm 1.70m/72kg with gear+food+water.

Frame size: S2
Mullet setup.
+1° headset cup.
High position bottom bracket.

31.6/150mm dropper post, ONEUP.
SDG Bel Air saddle.

Handlebar, PRO 40mm rise, 5° up, 9° back. 740mm width. Started with an old renthal but I really like more backweep...
Stem, BURGTEC enduro mk3, 42.5mm/0°
15mm of spacers, started with 25mm but went progressively down.
BARFLY stem GPS mount.
RACE FACE Half Nelson grips, cut...

155mm cranks from the KIDS TURBO LEVO.
CRANK BROTHERS E-mallet pedals.

ROCKSHOX LYRIK ULTIMATE 170mm, 42mm offset, ANDREANI damper piston, C1 air piston and half a FORMULA NEOPOS token.
MUCKYNUTS mudguard.

NEWMEN EVOLUTION SL EG 30 wheel set (29"27.5")
CONTINENTAL DH super soft, 19psi front/22psi back.
MILKIT valves.
Tubeless.

SRAM CODE RSC brakes.
200mm CENTERLINE discs.

Custom frame bag (spare parts, tools,...) made by Bikepacking Raoul | Lille
ONEUP pump holder, the only one I found to fit the shape of the down tube...
Old CANNONDALE pump.

SRAM GX EAGLE derailleur, K7, trigger and chain.

ALL electric/electronic connectors coated with dielectric grease, usually very muddy and wet here. But not today!!!

Will probably cut the steerer tube once I am sure of the height...

Tell me what you think of it!

View attachment 138931 View attachment 138930 View attachment 138929 View attachment 138928 View attachment 138927 View attachment 138926 View attachment 138925 View attachment 138924 View attachment 138923 View attachment 138922 View attachment 138921
Nice setup, i am very close to you 5'5", 150lbs. I have KSL 1.1 (s2), but I have oneup 120. does the post get in the way when it is down. It looks high. I just measured my post and it is 6 cm from top of seat post clamp to the top of the insertion ring on the one up.

MatCret

Jan 21, 2024
France, FarWest France
Hi!
surely the seat post insertion is the weakness of the S2... but I don't feel bothered when riding downhill.
My bottom bracket to saddle rail length is 665mm (with 155mm cranks).
You are right to look for the maximum clearance when saddle is all the way down as the KSL needs a lot of rider's input!
(my point of view on the bike handling).
TDS.jpeg

Mene

Apr 11, 2024
Germany
Something is going on withe the kenevo. The normal kenevo was removed from the Specialized site in Germany and now there are huge discounts on the SL. The Kenevo SL 2 S-Works just droped from 13500.- to 8100.- €... Maybe maybe ..

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Something is going on withe the kenevo. The normal kenevo was removed from the Specialized site in Germany and now there are huge discounts on the SL. The Kenevo SL 2 S-Works just droped from 13500.- to 8100.- €... Maybe maybe ..
Spesh is just trying to clear out inventory, almost all their bikes are on sale right now. There’s some crazy deals going on, I’m looking at the S-works stumpjumer for 50% off!

Mene

Apr 11, 2024
Germany
Yeah but normaly, these huge Discounts will be right before a new model comes out (whehter its a repaint and respec of the current one or a new Gen.) The Levo does not have any discounts (besides the 22 Models)...

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
Seems unlikely there will be a KSL 3 anytime soon. Even updated colours seem unlikely given the KSL2 only launched 5.5 months ago

sethimus

Dec 31, 2023
Switzerland
looks like they offloading the old colors. old expert is reduced, new colors not

dealer prices were already reduced a few weeks ago

head

Jul 2, 2020
Slovakia

This morning, there was a sweet deal on a 2023 Kenevo SL 2 Expert for 6300 EUR, but it is no longer listed.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles