- Enve M7 carbon bars
- XTR brakes, 223/203mm Galfer rotors
- PNW 200mm Loam seatpost, WTB Volt saddle
- Assegai DD 2.6” front, DHR Exo+ 2.4” rear
- Fox Factory 38 @ 170mm
- Crankbrothers Mallet DH pedals
- Stock shock
- XO Transmission drivetrain

This comes in at 19.47kg. This is as light as I am prepared to go without sacrificing capability - not going to be chasing weight down.

Slightly heavier than expected, but I’m extremely happy with it. Only 2.5kg more than my analogue enduro bike.

So good!

View attachment 136609 View attachment 136610
Strange to see DD up front and Exo+ on back. I normally run heavier casing on rear on my eeb. Lovely looking bike!

RFID

Nov 30, 2023
Germany
IMG_3631.jpg

bakedbun

Mar 22, 2024
California
Swapping dropperpost today and I accidently pulled my dropper housing too much and now I can't push it back up the seat tube. Do I really have to drop the motor to fish it back up the seat tube?

bakedbun

Mar 22, 2024
California
Try this long armed grabber pickup tool. Has saved my ass many times. You can probably find it in most hardware stores.

Thanks for the idea. I ended up just pulling the dropper cable housing as much as I could down the downtube. With the bash guard removed I could kind of see the inside of the seat tube. So I carefully shoved the housing back up towards the seat tube and it went inside. Got lucky I guess.

sethimus

Dec 31, 2023
Switzerland
cascade link is a available

bakedbun

Mar 22, 2024
California
How much sag % do ya'll run? I believe spesh recommends 25% I typically run 30% on all my bikes and it feels good/plush still playful. However the sag o ring is always at the very end of the stanchion after my rides. Will try 25% next time I am out.

dirt-diggler

Oct 10, 2023
United Kingdom
Is it possible to slam the seat posts on these? Currently have a kenevo SL and a major issue I have is the seat. Ridden transitions for years and the seat tubes are always fairly short and the seats always go right in.

Thanks

G-Sport

Oct 7, 2022
Yorkshire
How much sag % do ya'll run? I believe spesh recommends 25% I typically run 30% on all my bikes and it feels good/plush still playful. However the sag o ring is always at the very end of the stanchion after my rides. Will try 25% next time I am out.
Have you maxed out on volume spacers?

sethimus

Dec 31, 2023
Switzerland
Is it possible to slam the seat posts on these? Currently have a kenevo SL and a major issue I have is the seat. Ridden transitions for years and the seat tubes are always fairly short and the seats always go right in.

Thanks
its not like they wont tell you that information…

dirt-diggler

Oct 10, 2023
United Kingdom
its not like they wont tell you that information…

I'm asking because the two numbers I've found for max seat post insertion are 220mm and 255mm.

A one up 180mm dropper insert length is 267mm.

Obviously you could drop down to 30.9mm and shim up like the s-works.

But, it would be lovely if someone confirmed to me it'll go without sticking out the frame miles.

bakedbun

Mar 22, 2024
California
I'm asking because the two numbers I've found for max seat post insertion are 220mm and 255mm.

A one up 180mm dropper insert length is 267mm.

Obviously you could drop down to 30.9mm and shim up like the s-works.

But, it would be lovely if someone confirmed to me it'll go without sticking out the frame miles.

I have size S3 and with the stock 150mm dropper I was not able to slam it all the way down. I have switched to a smaller diameter 31.6 PNW 170mm dropper and can get the same insertion depth as the stock dropper but with more travel.

G-Sport

Oct 7, 2022
Yorkshire
Do you have a recommendation for volume spacers for a Gen 3 Levo Comp Carbon? My shock is way too soft and I'm a big guy, so I can't get enough air into it.
I like to do quite a lot of drops and jumps that tend to bottom out the bike if I don't max out the volume spacers and put the sag down a bit so that's what I do. But I'm not a huge guy so it works for me.
Unfortunately there are very few options for bigger guys and especially bigger guys who ride hard. I assume you have already maxed out the air pressure? What sort of sag are you getting with it maxed out?

Apr 11, 2023
Japan
I like to do quite a lot of drops and jumps that tend to bottom out the bike if I don't max out the volume spacers and put the sag down a bit so that's what I do. But I'm not a huge guy so it works for me.
Unfortunately there are very few options for bigger guys and especially bigger guys who ride hard. I assume you have already maxed out the air pressure? What sort of sag are you getting with it maxed out?
The rubber sag ring on the shock is probably at around 90%. It's almost at the bottom after a ride. Yeah, I put max air pressure in it. The shock is just the stock Fox shock. The Specialized dealer guy told me I could buy a stronger, better shock, but I'd be looking at about $700, or more for it. I'm not a hard ride - no jumps. But I ride some steep logging roads and trails. The guy at my Specialized shop told me to lose weight aha! I think the max air pressure for the Fox shock on my Levo is 300 psi, but I get about 280 psi I think into it. Close to 300 psi.

G-Sport

Oct 7, 2022
Yorkshire
The rubber sag ring on the shock is probably at around 90%. It's almost at the bottom after a ride. Yeah, I put max air pressure in it. The shock is just the stock Fox shock. The Specialized dealer guy told me I could buy a stronger, better shock, but I'd be looking at about $700, or more for it. I'm not a hard ride - no jumps. But I ride some steep logging roads and trails. The guy at my Specialized shop told me to lose weight aha! I think the max air pressure for the Fox shock on my Levo is 300 psi, but I get about 280 psi I think into it. Close to 300 psi.
You're at 90% sag?!?!
That's not even close to being workable.
If you buy a new shock before you break this one then you should be able to sell it to recoup a lot of the cost but I don't think any shock is going to get the sag down to 30% kind of territory if you are really at 90 now.

Apr 11, 2023
Japan
You're at 90% sag?!?!
If you buy a new shock before you break this one then you should be able to sell it to recoup a lot of the cost but I don't think any shock is going to get the sag down to 30% kind of territory if you are really at 90 now.
Yeah. I looked after my last ride, and the rubber ring was almost at the bottom. And that was after the guy at my Specialized shop filled with air. I stopped by the shop on my way to go riding in the trails near my house. Max air pressure in rear shock is 300 psi, isn't it? I think he put max air pressure in it. Here is a picture of where the rubber ring is on my shock. I drew a red line where it is. So that would be around 80% - 90% sag, right?

My Sag on Levo.png

Apr 11, 2023
Japan
You're at 90% sag?!?!
Also, that's riding only with the compression lever in the "Closed" position. I never turned the lever to "Open" during the ride.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles