Levo Gen 3 Official Specialized Gen 3 2022 Levo Megathread!

Nerds On Dirt MTB

Feb 20, 2023
The PNW
Loved my alloy Levo so much I decided to try the carbon version. Super stoked that the Cascade link swapped right over. New Zebs with butter cups are real good too!
20230704_131208.jpg

Tooks

Subscriber
Mar 29, 2020
Lincs UK
It is a 29" fork, what I mean is that the wheel has this. View attachment 120601

Yep, torque caps, as others have said.

I tried to find some hub adaptors for the factory stock hubs when I tried fitting a Fox 36, which apparently are a thing, but failed spectacularly.

I ended up swapping the Nukeproof Horizon V2 29” front wheel from another bike which has interchangeable hub adaptors, including the standard ones that fit the Fox.

Tooks

Subscriber
Mar 29, 2020
Lincs UK
I havent tried popping off the torque cap, but I doubt it works. It looks like a solid piece.

They should pop off the front hub, mine did but were solid so needed alternative end caps.

I spent a few days searching for the specialized part number for the alternative hub end caps, but didn’t find anything definitive or anywhere in the UK that had stock of any of the part numbers I dug up.

I couldn’t even work out who made the stock hubs, but I think they’re Roval?

This is the closest I got to a part number, assuming your front hub is Roval; S175900002

MH80

Feb 20, 2021
Norway
Replaced the wheel. I had an old wheel that I found, but it isnt emtb specific, but I guess it will work. I contacted a specialized concept store here in Norway, and they didnt have the caps. So in order to ride my bike this weekend, I had to replace the wheel. Specialized shouldve provided the caps like they do with tubeless valves.

16Rally

Jul 22, 2023
SoCal
Hello everyone,
New member with a 2022 Levo Comp Alloy.
Does this look like a part that may have fallen off of my Levo?

TIA

unknown_part_2.jpg unknown_part_1.jpg

Chicane

Nov 11, 2020
SoCal
Just a hunch, but it could be the insert for the water bottle screws? If this is the female part, it sits in a plastic guide for the dropper cable and it came loose. It’s definitely not a nut, but an insert imbedded in something.

IMG_2846.png

16Rally

Jul 22, 2023
SoCal
@Chicane, good call!
How critical is this part, and how much of a pain is it to put back where it belongs?
I plan on going for a ride early tomorrow AM and it is hotter than hell out in my garage right now.
Thanks

PS,
I just went out and checked. Both water bottle holder mounting screws are still in place and appear to be tight!

Last edited:

Chicane

Nov 11, 2020
SoCal
@Chicane, good call!
How critical is this part, and how much of a pain is it to put back where it belongs?
I plan on going for a ride early tomorrow AM and it is hotter than hell out in my garage right now.
Thanks

PS,
I just went out and checked. Both water bottle holder mounting screws are still in place and appear to be tight!
If the 2 screws are tight, it’s likely not from that and could be a leftover insert that fell inside the frame during original assembly. If you haven’t removed any bolts, then that’s likely the cause for it. What place in the frame did it fall out from and were you removing the battery when this happened? I also have a carbon frame, so it may be a bit different. I would double check just to make sure all the motor bolts are tight and all screws for that matter. If so, then you probably have nothing to worry about.

16Rally

Jul 22, 2023
SoCal
It also looks like the built-in nuts for the motor cover on the non-drive side.
Kudos, that is exactly what that insert is also used for,
However, all 5 for the NDS cover are still in place. as seen in the picture.
So either the one that fell out is an extra floating around inside the motor cavity, left over from the assembly process (somewhat unlikely), or from some other application higher up in the frame.
Also, both inserts for the water bottle cage appear to be in place as well.

motor_cover.jpg

16Rally

Jul 22, 2023
SoCal
If the 2 screws are tight, it’s likely not from that and could be a leftover insert that fell inside the frame during original assembly. If you haven’t removed any bolts, then that’s likely the cause for it. What place in the frame did it fall out from and were you removing the battery when this happened? I also have a carbon frame, so it may be a bit different. I would double check just to make sure all the motor bolts are tight and all screws for that matter. If so, then you probably have nothing to worry about.
Oh, sorry, I missed your questions.
Prior to this, I had never taken out the battery.
My neighbor and riding buddy found the insert in the bed of his pickup truck after we got back from a MTB road trip to the local mountains.
Most likely it fell out from the drain holes on the bottom of the motor cover due to the continuous vibration from riding in the back of a truck for a couple of hours.

BruceJR

Jun 16, 2022
USA West
Has anyone found out how to put a range extender on one of these??
I did some research on this subject last year but have not looked into whether or not more recent offerings have become available. Bottom line from what I saw there was no great option for the Gen 3. The various options seem to all be based in Europe and were pretty complex and expensive.

I’d love to hear that my finding are wrong or outdated.

Trailwatts seems to be the most promising but it doesn’t look like they have a Gen 3 option. I’ve just emailed them to make sure.

Last edited:

BikingBad

Sep 6, 2022
USA
Purchased a new coIl shock (Push Eleven Six), installed and noticed spring can be moved side to side (Slight rattle). Is this normal? It’s suppose to have everything setup (for bike, rider weight, riding style) but perhaps preload was not setup?

BruceJR

Jun 16, 2022
USA West
This thread talks about one option.
Purchased a new coIl shock (Push Eleven Six), installed and noticed spring can be moved side to side (Slight rattle). Is this normal? It’s suppose to have everything setup (for bike, rider weight, riding style) but perhaps preload was not setup?
I’m not sure I fully understand the way you are describing the problem. However, it sounds like your preload collar is not set properly and is too loose. Allowing the spring to move freely. You need to follow the instructions in the manual for setting the preload. Once this is done the spring should not rattle.

14852E3A-A699-4493-B9E6-CB4F5B5A2BD2.png

BikingBad

Sep 6, 2022
USA
This thread talks about one option.

I’m not sure I fully understand the way you are describing the problem. However, it sounds like your preload collar is not set properly and is too loose. Allowing the spring to move freely. You need to follow the instructions in the manual for setting the preload. Once this is done the spring should not rattle.

View attachment 121300
Thanks. I’ve now adjusted the preload and tightened the set screw. Seems 11/6 missed this step.

BruceJR

Jun 16, 2022
USA West
Thanks. I’ve now adjusted the preload and tightened the set screw. Seems 11/6 missed this step.
It's not really possible to set the sag up properly without the actual bike and the rider. It's the whole process. Based on your comment thinking Push should have done this for you, I have a feeling you didn't set it properly just yet.

Per the ElevenSix manual: "Note: Perform sag settings while in full riding gear, preferably with two additional persons, one to support the rider and one to measure the shock length."

Tooks

Subscriber
Mar 29, 2020
Lincs UK
Trailwatts seems to be the most promising but it doesn’t look like they have a Gen 3 option. I’ve just emailed them to make sure.

I emailed them earlier this year, got the following response;

I fit the kits in exchange for your stock power harness. Full motor removal is required and cable/ module placement is pretty vital within the frame above motor.

16Rally

Jul 22, 2023
SoCal
Is it beneficial to fit a Fox 38 fork to a Levo Comp Alloy with a Float X rear shock?
I'm quite happy with the Float X and have no desire to switch to the more problematic Float X2.
Also, don't really have any issues with the 36 Rhythm on the bike.
Simply tempted with a Fox 38 swap out of boardom I suppose 🙃.

Last edited:

brigcampbell

May 30, 2022
SoCal
Also, don't really have any issues with the 36 Rhythym currently on the bike

Upgrade the damper from GRIP to GRIP2?

lux

May 27, 2023
Germany
@etoni
@Overkillit

Any way to give me some hints on the X2 Change?

Bought a new Levo Turbo Comp and sometimes i feel my damper is making squichy noises.

So i registered the damper and sent Mails to Fox. No replys since 1 Month.....

Where do i open up such a "ticket" you mentioned? Or any other mail adress i can ask them if they swap it for me?

Overkillit

Aug 23, 2022
Downingtown
@etoni
@Overkillit

Any way to give me some hints on the X2 Change?

Bought a new Levo Turbo Comp and sometimes i feel my damper is making squichy noises.

So i registered the damper and sent Mails to Fox. No replys since 1 Month.....

Where do i open up such a "ticket" you mentioned? Or any other mail adress i can ask them if they swap it for me?
I was on the Fox website and filled out the online form. I received an auto email and a day later I received another email from a tech letting me know that they are just going to replace it with the 2024. Fill out the form instead of just sending an email if you haven't done that yet. The difference between the 2021(?) that came with my 2022 Turbo Levo and the 2024 is night and day.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles