Kenevo SL Official 2022 Kenevo SL (KSL) Megathread!

Olivier Clg

Nov 15, 2021
France
Hello, has anyone installed the new VIVID on their KSL? I use this shock on my Stumpy EVO and I'm really happy with it, that's why I'm thinking of installing one on my KSL

MatCret

Jan 21, 2024
France, FarWest France
Hi, any informations about the "please update before riding" message on the Mastermind TCU (KSL2)?

Seems like a 15km/h speed limit engaged before making this system update ... Maybe a way to take the owner to a Specialized retailer, I can't find a way to make this update...
So, after bringing the frame to a LBS Specialized retailer to make the system update via the TURBO STUDIO software,
"motor error" reported after multiple updating and forced updating attempts...
Retailer/mechanics told me that it's unprofessionnal to send a frame without making this first check+update, also not mounting hardware that requires specific tools and/or torque (spider+cranks) to simplify the owner's life and make the riding safe! I bought it online...

To be continued, waiting for a
warranty replacement, taken care by this awsome retailer!

Last edited:

Nerds On Dirt MTB

Feb 20, 2023
The PNW
So, after bringing the frame to a LBS Specialized retailer to make the system update via the TURBO STUDIO software,
"motor error" reported after multiple updating and forced updating attempts...
Retailer/mechanics told me that it's unprofessionnal to send a frame without making this first check+update, also not mounting hardware that requires specific tools and/or torque (spider+cranks) to simplify the owner's life and make the riding safe! I bought it online...

To be continued, waiting for a
warranty replacement, taken care by this awsome retailer!
Oh man that's a bummer, we have had this happen once that I can remember, the customer lived two hours out of town so he bought online and turned out the sensor cable connection was broken, we got the part in and had the bike up in about a week but he had to drive four hours to get it sorted. He was happy in the end and just wished he would have driven two hours to the shop first lol.

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
Has anyone had to replace the handle bar mounted ECO/TRAIL/TURBO controller on their KSL? I am still waiting to get my bike back for the LBS as they say they dont have time to do it. Is it a big job? It seems like it would just be a feed a wire into the frame and plug it in to the TCU kind of a job?

johned

Jul 30, 2022
UK
Bit of a long shot but I was wondering if anyone has worked out how to open up a Spesh remote control.
After several crashes I've got one with damaged rubber buttons that works and one with damaged internals that doesn't work.
I'd like to fit the undamaged rubber parts into the working unit.
TVM

MatCret

Jan 21, 2024
France, FarWest France
Oh man that's a bummer, we have had this happen once that I can remember, the customer lived two hours out of town so he bought online and turned out the sensor cable connection was broken, we got the part in and had the bike up in about a week but he had to drive four hours to get it sorted. He was happy in the end and just wished he would have driven two hours to the shop first lol.
Lucky me, I'm only 45mns away to the shop! This shop is really a good asset for Specialized as a retailer. They took care of the warranty saturday afternoon, new motor shipped this monday. A bit disappointed by buying a defective product but nothing to complain about the customer support.

MatCret

Jan 21, 2024
France, FarWest France
Can't go further on the build so started prototyping a mudgard lower extension... work in progress. View attachment 134055 View attachment 134054 View attachment 134053
V2, still working on it!

IMG_5946 Grande.jpeg IMG_5947 Grande.jpeg

MatCret

Jan 21, 2024
France, FarWest France
I don't get it....
Just lose all the air in shock to look at mudguard clearance and see the kinematic but the shock don't go through all the stroke... Took some measurements and found some strange values, at least not the ones listed by the manufacturer.

Size S2 frame, 230mm eye to eye shock, but a 70mm shock stroke available(62.5mm listed) but bottom out at only 57mm stroke.

Is there a frame sizing related shock/stroke?
Maybe less travel on smaller sizes?

Last edited:

MatCret

Jan 21, 2024
France, FarWest France
Mudguard prototype V3, made it longer to improve coverage at sag. EBike still not ready to ride, will go testing this one as soon as possible! Looks strange because of the assymetric shock position and linkages design...

IMG_5999 Grande.jpeg IMG_6001 Grande.jpeg IMG_6002 Grande.jpeg IMG_5998 Grande.jpeg

Geas

Jun 24, 2022
Austria
Just a quick report. I fucking love my kenevo SL 2. This is the best bike ever.

I have a DH bike and I sold the 2021 turbo levo before the kenevo.

The kenevo is a freaking monster hands down. Never felt so good on a bike
Great to hear you find a setup you like. What settings are you running now?

head

Jul 2, 2020
Slovakia
I'm pretty sure Fidlock is officially supported for range extenders on Trek Fuel EXE. So, just because something doesn't make sense to you doesn't mean it can't be done.

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
finally got my ksl2 build up and on a mountain. thing is a beast. no comparison to my rise when i still had it. i find the motor to be really efficient and not generating much noise. fucked up my hand on the 2nd run but could also climb a bit, ~20% for about 300hm

View attachment 135953
A Formula fork? How’s that going? 35mm stanchions?

• Wow
Reactions: Dax

Rich-H

Apr 3, 2023
Hampshire
Cheers for the help with the fidlock 😂

As someone who's ridden with a fidlock for probably 4 years and never lost one I thought it may work, maybe not, who knows
I know that TQ have a Fidock attachment for their range extenders which are physically bolted to the battery.

1710783543643.png

I've also seen other people using Fidock BOA mount with success for other types of range extenders...

1710783816433.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles