Levo SL Gen 1 Levo SL 2023 Megathread

G-Sport

Oct 7, 2022
Yorkshire
Yeah. I looked after my last ride, and the rubber ring was almost at the bottom. And that was after the guy at my Specialized shop filled with air. I stopped by the shop on my way to go riding in the trails near my house. Max air pressure in rear shock is 300 psi, isn't it? I think he put max air pressure in it. Here is a picture of where the rubber ring is on my shock. I drew a red line where it is. So that would be around 80% - 90% sag, right?

View attachment 138067
Whew. NO. That isn't sag, that's your max travel for the ride. Go watch some basic YouTube videos on suspension set up.

Apr 11, 2023
Japan
Whew. NO. That isn't sag, that's your max travel for the ride. Go watch some basic YouTube videos on suspension set up.
Yes, you're right. I have watched a number of videos on setting sag. Also, the mechanic at the Specialized shop set the sag for me when I was sitting and standing on the bike. But I misunderstood, I thought once the sag was set that the rubber ring should not go so low. I just put air in it a few minutes ago and it's now at 260 psi. I can't get anymore air in it than that with my shock pump because the limit is 200 psi.

bakedbun

Mar 22, 2024
California
Yes, you're right. I have watched a number of videos on setting sag. Also, the mechanic at the Specialized shop set the sag for me when I was sitting and standing on the bike. But I misunderstood, I thought once the sag was set that the rubber ring should not go so low. I just put air in it a few minutes ago and it's now at 260 psi. I can't get anymore air in it than that with my shock pump because the limit is 200 psi.
I believe the Float X shock is 350 psi max but please check the manual to make sure. If you're not feeling a harsh bottom out (pain in the ankles) then I wouldn't worry about it.

Apr 11, 2023
Japan
I believe the Float X shock is 350 psi max but please check the manual to make sure. If you're not feeling a harsh bottom out (pain in the ankles) then I wouldn't worry about it.
Yeah, I think it is 350 psi after searching for it today. We'll see how it goes. Maybe 260 psi will be enough for now. Sorry for the confusion.

bcmtb

Nov 1, 2021
WA
Took delivery of a levo SL alloy today S4, stripped down to the frame and rebuilt with parts I already had. Knocked 1kg off the standard build weight.

I'm booked for a weekend of uplifts, dirt farm and bike park Wales. I was going to take the non e, but I'm considering taking this instead now!

View attachment 138064
The colour looks awesome! Wish we got this in the US.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles