Levo Gen 3 Official Specialized Gen 3 2022 Levo Megathread!

tjl5709

Feb 20, 2023
Michigan
Congrats on the new bike - you are going to love the freedom of going from a custom setting that resembles your current bike (Eco on low) to going full power in a split second (two taps) when you want. Sometimes you just need a boost to get up that long hill that you've climbed many times that has just gotten old. I've had my Levo just over a year now and it still brings huge smiles to my face. I'm 55 and no longer need to take breaks to wait for my heartbeat to slow back down. I have my bike setup so I can keep a fairly persistent 140 rate and can go go go. It's a game-changer.
Looking so forward to it. Looking thru the Mission Control stuff and talking to the shop, I am in complete amazement on the evolution of integrating a bike with a computer. Is youtube the best place for learning the app? Any other places to get insight on MC?

Overkillit

Aug 23, 2022
Downingtown
Looking so forward to it. Looking thru the Mission Control stuff and talking to the shop, I am in complete amazement on the evolution of integrating a bike with a computer. Is youtube the best place for learning the app? Any other places to get insight on MC?
Youtube is probably the best but there seem to be new videos popping up all the time on this subject. Some like having it set so you can get full power if you push the peddles hard enough whereas others like to set a limit on the assist to force the rider to work harder. I like the limit and if needed I simply hit the up button to go full on power. It's instant and easy. 92 Nm of power is nice and going from a 30lb regular mtb to a 50+ lb emtb, I do not feel the extra weight unless I'm carving hard and with good tires it will just bite in. You're in for a treat.
This will make sense once you get the bike and can connect to play with the settings.

brigcampbell

May 30, 2022
SoCal

Entire thread here

Polo1602

Jan 19, 2023
Cologne
Is it worth bumping up the travel to 170mm on front?
I‘m actually in slack/low with the 160mm Rhythm and like it so far. Does someone rides 170mm fork in slack/low? Specialized manual says warranty only with 150/160 fork…right?

Nerds On Dirt MTB

Feb 20, 2023
The PNW
Is it worth bumping up the travel to 170mm on front?
I‘m actually in slack/low with the 160mm Rhythm and like it so far. Does someone rides 170mm fork in slack/low? Specialized manual says warranty only with 150/160 fork…right?
I ran mine with a 170 for a while before I put the long travel kit, it rode great (I had mine in the mid setting).

D

Deleted member 7401

Ok, that's 1,25Kg from your S5 Alloy to my S-Works Carbon S3.

Perhaps the S-Works is a lighter frame built than the other Carbon Comp/Expert Carbon frames ? Has anybody the weight of them or knows if there's a weight difference in the carbon-types ?

Best regards,

Chris

I always assumed it was different based on the fact of the frame only price tag. If it is mot any different the frame only price is a RIPOFF.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
I always assumed it was different based on the fact of the frame only price tag. If it is mot any different the frame only price is a RIPOFF.
Spesh is one of the few companies that will sell a frame only directly to the public, I think that’s why they’re priced the way they are. FWIW, my buddy will sell any brand he carries as a frame only, they’re only slightly cheaper than the Levo frame.

A.ruiz

Feb 23, 2023
Sevilla
MI máquina

BB8EBBFE-5E8F-4409-A9F9-EDC4DC3D3D79.jpeg

Chuch

Feb 14, 2020
Virginia Beach
Curious, has anyone successfully put a 29 wheel in the back of their mullet set up frame? If so, how is it and what size tire are you getting away with?

BruceJR

Jun 16, 2022
USA West
Curious, has anyone successfully put a 29 wheel in the back of their mullet set up frame? If so, how is it and what size tire are you getting away with?
I’m running a 29” 30mm internal wheel with 2.5” High Roller with Tannus insert. Also running Cascade Long Shock Link in Low. The side to side clearance is plenty but the seat stay and bottom bracket is pretty tight. Can’t use my mud guard anymore. So far I’ve ridden some pretty muddy and snowy conditions without major clogging. I generally ride dry dusty conditions so it will for sure be good most of the year here.
So far I’m pretty happy with the change.

6150ED8E-7FD1-4B6F-92B1-AEC2811BE105.jpeg
5B4878C1-FA68-4ABE-9882-733DE35FDD40.jpeg
AB7252EF-343C-4A2A-A5F2-216AFAE166FD.jpeg
F8AA61CA-3F2A-4890-BFE0-1DA8FF3F32AF.jpeg

Last edited:

BruceJR

Jun 16, 2022
USA West
And some of the Levo S Works frames are selling for $6400 on sale. Not bad I might add if you want to build up your own beauty!
I think it makes more sense to buy a Carbon Comp for $6700 and upgrade and sell of the unused parts. The frames are the same. I guess S-Works resale value would be higher. Lots are parts on the Comp would be very usable out of the box.

Overkillit

Aug 23, 2022
Downingtown
As an S-Works owner, I would agree with BruceJr and will do that for the next bike. If the S-Works is in your budget, I think it would be more fun to pick and choose certain upgrades. You can always rebadge if you really want the S-Works logo's.

D

Deleted member 7401

I think it makes more sense to buy a Carbon Comp for $6700 and upgrade and sell of the unused parts. The frames are the same. I guess S-Works resale value would be higher. Lots are parts on the Comp would be very usable out of the box.

Exactly. You are better off buying any carbon complete bike and selling off the parts you don’t want. You will come out way ahead.

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
I’m running a 29” 30mm internal wheel with 2.5” High Roller with Tannus insert. Also running Cascade Long Shock Link in Low. The side to side clearance is plenty but the seat stay and bottom bracket is pretty tight. Can’t use my mud guard anymore. So far I’ve ridden some pretty muddy and snowy conditions without major clogging. I generally ride dry dusty conditions so it will for sure be good most of the year here.
So far I’m pretty happy with the change.

View attachment 108291

That rear tire shoulda been replaced about 5 rides ago... ;-)

BruceJR

Jun 16, 2022
USA West
Exactly. You are better off buying any carbon complete bike and selling off the parts you don’t want. You will come out way ahead.
Except the Pro which for some reason is not on sale with other non SWorks models.
Also, the base carbon model for $5100 only has a 500wh battery. You can upgrade the battery for about $1100 and resell the 500wh battery which after that switcheroo would be a great base to build up. The base model kit especially for fork is pretty sorry though. So the Comp is more of the sweet spot IMO.
Personally, I think the Expert is the perfect setup with Fox 38 Performance Elite and XO1 kit. Only weak spot is the DPS Performance shock (which is best replaced with a coil and long shock link anyways) and the Roval Wheels. I found a local shop willing to go below the current advertised sale price.

head

Jul 2, 2020
Slovakia
Also, the base carbon model for $5100 only has a 500wh battery. You can upgrade the battery for about $1100 and resell the 500wh battery which after that switcheroo would be a great base to build up. The base model kit especially for fork is pretty sorry though. So the Comp is more of the sweet spot IMO.

Also, the base model doesn't have the Mastermind TCU.

Personally, I think the Expert is the perfect setup with Fox 38 Performance Elite and XO1 kit. Only weak spot is the DPS Performance shock (which is best replaced with a coil and long shock link anyways) and the Roval Wheels.

Only size S1 has the DPS shock. 2022 expert models have the X2 performance, and 2023 modes have the X2 performance elite shock.

BruceJR

Jun 16, 2022
USA West

Only size S1 has the DPS shock. 2022 expert models have the X2 performance, and 2023 modes have the X2 performance elite shock.
True. Both would benefit from the Long Shock kit IMO.

The LED TCU is a big plus in my mind as it allows you to gain full functionality of the Blevo App out of the box. I had to source an LED TCU for my expert for this reason. Blevo is a game changer for me and a huge reason I went to an EMTB in the first place.

Henrik

Oct 25, 2022
Germany
So, went for a Levo frameset because of the sale…
Sold my Kenevo SL.
Is someone running the new RS Air 23 in the Levo and how does it perform?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles