2022+ Turbo Levo Official Specialized Gen 3 2022 Levo Megathread!

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Literally the day after i brought home my 2022 Levo Comp the day after Thanksgiving 2 months ago

6zXfTZB.jpg

First personalizations were to the cockpit in the form of my favorite bars and stem from Renthal, plus a Light & Motion Enduro 2500 headlight for those days where i get caught out a little too late

Realizing we all have opinions on things, but mine is that the Saint pedals are the best, -- this pic also reveals that the front and rear brakes were switched out for the correct routing (RH front, LH rear) and i went with Gripshift over the troublesome (for me ) SCRAM trigger shifters

JxZTxyX.jpg

The seat is not a performance oriented choice, -- but i weigh 315 lbs now -- i mostly ride sitting down and this seat is intended for an SE BMX Cruiser. I formerly noted that i am only good for about an hour on a performance seat, but i can doodlebug around on my big bmx for hours , piddling around downtown and cruising the pumptrack

t94NyER.jpg

So the bike is dialled in for me -- however , one change is left. I've been unsuccesful selling my acoustic bike, so ive decided sadly that a part out is in order ---- but i'm not going to let those new Maxxis tan walls and Enve 730's go to waste. The Levo is precisely the caliber of bike the bury Enve's was made for

---- only prob - they are 29'ers , so i get to experiment with putting the swingarm in the low setting so i can try to run these. Rear is a 2.4 Rekon and front is 2.6.
I have zero performance issues with the stock setup , but would just like to get some use out of this cool wheelset too rather than take a beating on Pinkbike selling them

JGR7VLp.jpg

And it could be due to my excess weight, but i have experienced limitations with the stock dropper that i dont have with the Fox setup on the Yeti. It really has a lot of resistance/stiction that makes it tough sometimes in split second decisions to get the post down , so i've had the unfortunate indignity of nearly endo'ing while my own bike tries to take advantage of my backside on a couple of occasions. I'd chalk it up to rider error, except i am riding the same trails as always --- the post does legitimately seem to be a gripe for me on this one
The SB100s are a hard to sell bike, all the issues with the switch infinity link on that bike scares a lot of people away. Combine that with the bike market crash and you’ll basically have to give it away. I sold 3 bikes during the “boom” and my SB100 was the last one to go.

smc_stefan

Oct 10, 2022
Austria
How are the Traverse alloy's that come stock on the expert mode? I'm trying to decide between the Comp or the expert. If I buy the Comp, I may upgrade the wheels to Industry Nine Enduro S alloy wheels and install a Zeb. AXS/X01 cassette and chain will be upgraded on which ever model I choose to buy.
Had similiar thoughts going back and forth between Comp Carbon or Expert some months ago.
In the end I said f* it, put a little more money in (compared to the Expert) and got the Pro, came with everything I wanted and so far I'm really happy with it.

BruceJR

Jun 16, 2022
USA West
How are the Traverse alloy's that come stock on the expert mode? I'm trying to decide between the Comp or the expert. If I buy the Comp, I may upgrade the wheels to Industry Nine Enduro S alloy wheels and install a Zeb. AXS/X01 cassette and chain will be upgraded on which ever model I choose to buy.
Broke a 3rd spoke on the rear wheel of my Expert Traverse wheel. I think the hub with the DT Swiss Ratchet LN is pretty decent and reliable but for some reason I keep breaking spokes. I'm not taking bike hits or squares either.

Last edited:

BruceJR

Jun 16, 2022
USA West
As I said, I’m not taking big drops and or square hits. To me the alloy rim seems sturdy enough. It stays pretty true and trues back up pretty well after replacing the spokes. I’d much prefer something better but I’m not sure it’s worth the extra cost to go up to a Pro model. I plan to upgrade the wheels at some point soon though. The Rovals will be nice to have as a back up.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
As I said, I’m not taking big drops and or square hits. To me the alloy rim seems sturdy enough. It stays pretty true and trues back up pretty well after replacing the spokes. I’d much prefer something better but I’m not sure it’s worth the extra cost to go up to a Pro model. I plan to upgrade the wheels at some point soon though. The Rovals will be nice to have as a back up.
I was debating just buying some new hubs and lace them up to the roval rims but my wife just found out the new bookshelf speakers I bought cost £13k. Needless to say I probably won’t be buying anything new for the bike for another few months🤣😂

Chicane

Nov 11, 2020
SoCal
So far I'm really happy with the Carbon wheels (first time on carbon, always had alloy before) on my Pro, the DT Swiss hubs seem to work good as well.
I've been exclusively on carbon wheels over the past 5 years and now probably I'm going to give alloy a try. I would also take DT Swiss 240/350 hubs over any hub out there.

westcoastmtbr

Aug 22, 2019
California USA
Buying a Levo SWorks Frame and so confused about the X2 Shock. Stories of failures galore, rebuilds, warranty issues, and more. Can someone set me straight? I don't want to pay top dollar for frame (albeit, on sale), I just don't want to have issues on day 1, at least in my mind. Does the X2 suck and if so, sell it immediately and what is the alternative? I do not want to go through waiting weeks to get a shock repaired if it's crap out of the gate. Would rather bite the bullet and just purchase something that actually work reliably. HELP!!

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Buying a Levo SWorks Frame and so confused about the X2 Shock. Stories of failures galore, rebuilds, warranty issues, and more. Can someone set me straight? I don't want to pay top dollar for frame (albeit, on sale), I just don't want to have issues on day 1, at least in my mind. Does the X2 suck and if so, sell it immediately and what is the alternative? I do not want to go through waiting weeks to get a shock repaired if it's crap out of the gate. Would rather bite the bullet and just purchase something that actually work reliably. HELP!!
I got whopping 50 miles out of mine before it shit the bed. Fox had it rebuilt and back to me a week and half later. Then it lasted another another 23 miles before the housing cracked, it took Fox 4 weeks to get it back to me that time. I sold it as soon as I got it back. I prefer coils on all my bikes anyway so I swapped to an EXT Storia.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Coil

BTW Fox blamed Specialized frame design! I have no doubt it would happen again.
That’s the same excuse they gave me, they went quiet when I brought up the fact that I had the same thing happened on my SB150 and on my SB130 when I ran the X2 on that. It seems to only be with the newer gen shocks, at least for me. I owned a few of the older gens over the years and never had anywhere near the issues that I’ve had with the new ones.

greengenes

Jan 14, 2021
uk
I was debating just buying some new hubs and lace them up to the roval rims but my wife just found out the new bookshelf speakers I bought cost £13k. Needless to say I probably won’t be buying anything new for the bike for another few months🤣😂
Am intrigued to know what make these 13k bookshelf speakers are. Please enlighten us.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Am intrigued to know what make these 13k bookshelf speakers are. Please enlighten us.
Wilson Audio TuneTots. I’m a bit of a hifi junkie, probably more into my hifi stuff than bikes to be honest. I had a set of KEF LS50 metas that sounded great, didn’t really need to upgrade but these really caught my eye then after doing a demo I had to take them home.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles