Levo Gen 3 Official Specialized Gen 3 2022 Levo Megathread!

mastakilla

Apr 25, 2020
usa
What is your take on the new Levo geometry vs the Kenevo? I was interested in a Kenevo at size s4 at 183cm height which is reach 495. But now the new Levo is looking better to me now. The new Levo reach S4 is a paultry:) 477 for S4 and I thought bike standards were only getting longer with each new generation. It wouldnt be a problem if we could go test both sizes but of course we cannot so I dunno if I need to size up to S5 or not. Did they go overboard on the Kenevo and have to reign it back or what am I missing?

Sep 19, 2020
Squamish, BC, Canada
What is your take on the new Levo geometry vs the Kenevo? I was interested in a Kenevo at size s4 at 183cm height which is reach 495. But now the new Levo is looking better to me now. The new Levo reach S4 is a paultry:) 477 for S4 and I thought bike standards were only getting longer with each new generation. It wouldnt be a problem if we could go test both sizes but of course we cannot so I dunno if I need to size up to S5 or not. Did they go overboard on the Kenevo and have to reign it back or what am I missing?

kenevo goes to S5 and gen 3 Levo goes to S6.

fwiw I ride an XL Levo 19 and ordered an S5gen 3 Levo. I’m 188cm

mastakilla

Apr 25, 2020
usa
kenevo goes to S5 and gen 3 Levo goes to S6.

fwiw I ride an XL Levo 19 and ordered an S5gen 3 Levo. I’m 188cm

this is true however the sizing recommendation ranges are identical between the 2 for each size. The S6 Levo just adds an extra size range that is above the S5 on the Kenevo. So it truly seems that they have reigned back the reach numbers on the levo if you look at it like this.

Careyj1

May 6, 2020
USA
The front axle is different from the 2020 and 2019 Sworks. Only 9nm and 5.1 on the pinch bolt.
Good luck and good racing on the axle.
G

8C417E5B-BDC8-443B-AEA9-6F3BD82B1A2B.jpeg

B8DE562C-57B0-4B7D-8AC8-1E4CA935B880.jpeg

Last edited:

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
san francisco, california

tlane

Jul 25, 2020
canada
Would apeciate any info on the 2022 Levo Comp if anyone has heard anything. Specs probably similar to last year, colors? i hear no aluminum, carbon only. Thanks!

Four Flusher

Jun 24, 2019
Reno
Missing cover might be a thing. The Expert is on the Specialized site now and it shows it without the cover.

View attachment 58027
I was super bummed when I got my '19 Levo comp that I received in June of 2019 without the pivot protector. I started looking around this board and I found out that mud/water into the back of the motor was a known issue on the gen 2 levo since their release in fall of 2019. So much for all the testing and QC.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Hi,
Do you know if this a fast charging battery ? And if a range extender is planned ?
this two improvements I was also expecting.
Bienvenue to the forum.

I can't see there being a range extender as there's no external port to plug on in like on a levo SL. The levo is more based on being a full fat bike - full power and 700wh battery. So ideally, you don't need a range extender, you can just change your settings for more range or carry another (large) battery with you. An extra 160wh isn't going to give you that much more range compared proportionally to what it will give you on a Levo SL with a 320wh battery.

I think it comes with the standard 4 amp charger and is the same battery as previously, so no, no changes there.

Shrek29

Mar 16, 2021
Bristol
I have an Expert S5 due in some time in May through my LBS. They have 5 bikes in total for their 3rd drop and only one Expert which is my S5 in Gloss Black. Fingers crossed it does turn up?

legros13

Apr 10, 2020
France
Bienvenue to the forum.

I can't see there being a range extender as there's no external port to plug on in like on a levo SL. The levo is more based on being a full fat bike - full power and 700wh battery. So ideally, you don't need a range extender, you can just change your settings for more range or carry another (large) battery with you. An extra 160wh isn't going to give you that much more range compared proportionally to what it will give you on a Levo SL with a 320wh battery.

I think it comes with the standard 4 amp charger and is the same battery as previously, so no, no changes there.

Thanks a lot for your answer.
I was more thinking of an optional battery like Orbea, haibike do (+/- 500w).
with high elevation and and the eMTB mode from Bosch, it is quite impossible to follow these bikes with only 700w.

For fast charging I hope this techno will come soon on eMTB.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I was more thinking of an optional battery like Orbea, haibike do (+/- 500w).
with high elevation and and the eMTB mode from Bosch, it is quite impossible to follow these bikes with only 700w.
Yes, there's a few of the Bosch bikes have the optional Bosch second battery system. I'm not sure how many people use it as whilst the extra range is nice, the bike will be a lot heavier and cumbersome.

I think most 700 Kenevo's/Levo's have no problem obtaining the same or more distance/climbing than the Bosch bikes ? Admittedly the Gen4 Bosch does really well on range.

The Brose motor is very susceptible to low cadence causing inefficiencies - the power is turned into heat rather than motion, which in turn leads to reduced range on the ride and rapidly accelerated motor failure in the longer term.

Have you tried running Mission Control to check your cadence as you ride ?

If you're really struggling with D+ you could also drop the assistance levels in eco and trail with Mission Control. Or, use the "Ride" function and then select "Smart Control" and set what range or height you want/need to achieve and it will adjust the motor settings automatically. It's quite clever, it normally tries to balance it out and give you a bit more power on the climbs when you need it. So if you need 2000m D+ , you can set that and the battery won't go flat.

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
san francisco, california
I know where one is out in the wild... ;-) So far about 80 miles on it and no issues....

View attachment 58128
awesome bike
seen the exact same color in s4 in nevada city a couple weeks ago

i have reservations in a couple shops. hopefully the reservation in Oregon happens first so i can save on tax
waiting to see what the new kenevo will be before i pull the trigger on a levo

jpdbr

Jul 19, 2019
Chile
What are your thoughts so far?
On the Geo side the setup I have liked the most is:
-170mm fork
- -1Headset Cup
-High position on chainstays bolt for BB height, so this way I compensate for the 170mm fork plus the -1 Headset Cup.
Bike definitely turns and carve’s curves better with the -1 headset Cup, I have tried all configurations and also this same configurations with stock 160mm fork.

On the shock side of things I still need more testing as all 3 have their advantages and disadvantages and need more fine running for this new bike, for example the TTX22 which is the shock I still use on my ‘21 Levo Sworks feels to harsh with same configuration so I have been dialing compression and it feels better now. What’s most amazing is that at least for me whatever shock I pick I get same time on track I really know very well, so on performance side of things thins are most likely equal and decission will be transferred to what a feel is a better package just relying on sensations... it’s gonna be a hard decission; on my ‘21 Enduro Sworks I really love the X2, on the , ‘21 Levo Sworks the Ohlins TTX22 Coil is the best option and I’m thinking on this new Levo the DHX2 might be the sweet spot, as it’s more like a combination and middle ground of both the X2 and the TTX22.

On the final notes the new bike is a rocket but it feels a little bit slower than when comparing to the older Levo, this comparison has been taking as I said on a track that I know very well and on which I have the KOM, so it’s apples to apples haha. This might be also because it’s the worst time of the year here for putting your bike against the clock as tracks are really destroyed, dusty and with zero to none grip if you make the slightest mistake at high speeds haha.

Last edited:

E Bob

Feb 15, 2021
torfaen
Has anyone managed to get their hands on a new Pro (S4), or ordered one? What was the quoted delivery time?
Yes i got one, Gingers the best colour imo too, Worried it might get too aggressive in the sunshine tho...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles