Bafang M500 and M600 motors

Feb 27, 2020
home
I have postponed buying an E10 with Bafang M600 until I see positive posts about the M600 engine. Maybe I have missed it but including today there are no "WOW... power !!!" posts. Rob is not over-enthousiastic about the M500 wrt power, including the updated engine he received. The Luna X1 Enduro EBIKE with M600 is listed with an "Over 95NM of torque" which doesn't read as "120NM and more".
I get the impression that the M600 (and M500 ?) does not live up to expectations.
Does it perform better as a TQ FLYON (120NM) or SACHS RS (112NM) ? No Bafang WOW... ?

KaroKönig

Feb 10, 2021
Germany
I can reassure you that the M600 has more than enough power when operated with 58 V. Then it brings more than 1100 watts with a fully charged battery

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
im satisfied with the power of the m600 although i cant say for the longevity since mine is new
Could you perform a return to appreciate difference with M500. Distance / height difference / consumption / range (with your weight).

Exemple M500. I estimate aproximatively ability: 50% consumption for 20km and 1500m climb at 10 km/h, in middle mode, for an rider of 100 kg

RyeNiel

Jan 4, 2021
Philippines
Could you perform a return to appreciate difference with M500. Distance / height difference / consumption / range (with your weight).

Exemple M500. I estimate aproximatively ability: 50% consumption for 20km and 1500m climb at 10 km/h, in middle mode, for an rider of 100 kg
will do soon

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Does anybody know an contact for bafang warranties ? i have tried: melody from dengfu, bafang "after sale support ", [email protected], nobody answer ? Does somebody have really tested bafang warranty one day (apart those who have youtube channel ) ?

i have a problem with the controler (i suppose) sometime i cannot switch off the display or mosttly most serious, i can't switch on, i have thinked it is the remote switch, but i have tested with another display/remote and it's the same problem.

OneCosmic

Mar 1, 2021
Prague
We were hoping to have it already. If you are in EU, Innotrace will have it in a month / 60 days. Ditto for the US.
Few days back i received response on fb from Innotrace that they think the X2 M500/M600 controller would be released around September earliest :(

RyeNiel

Jan 4, 2021
Philippines
Does anybody know an contact for bafang warranties ? i have tried: melody from dengfu, bafang "after sale support ", [email protected], nobody answer ? Does somebody have really tested bafang warranty one day (apart those who have youtube channel ) ?

i have a problem with the controler (i suppose) sometime i cannot switch off the display or mosttly most serious, i can't switch on, i have thinked it is the remote switch, but i have tested with another display/remote and it's the same problem.
maybe you have loose contacts on the wires. just check again

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
maybe you have loose contacts on the wires. just check again
its a random failure, never when the motor is cold. i have unplug/plug all connections when it is occured and that do not solved the problem. I was able to switch on after 1/2 hours of ride whithout motor, i have actuated the switch and it worked well whitout any action on wires.
I think it is mostly problem of controler (hardware or software ?) than wires. I have cancelled the temporisation to economise power, in this way, the motor never stops by itself and I no longer have the problem of not being able to turn it on again when I use it.

RyeNiel

Jan 4, 2021
Philippines
its a random failure, never when the motor is cold. i have unplug/plug all connections when it is occured and that do not solved the problem. I was able to switch on after 1/2 hours of ride whithout motor, i have actuated the switch and it worked well whitout any action on wires.
I think it is mostly problem of controler (hardware or software ?) than wires. I have cancelled the temporisation to economise power, in this way, the motor never stops by itself and I no longer have the problem of not being able to turn it on again when I use it.
hopefully it will be fixed

Kyokushin

Mar 28, 2021
Sol
Anyone of you have the the Bafang DP C240.CAN display and used the 'boost' function in M500?
1618594753703.png

Seqlat

Apr 18, 2021
PL/DE
Interesting information provided by an contributor on endles sphere. A link to a Czechoslovakia company who store spare parts for M500
Výsledky vyhledávání m500 - Elektrokola Zlín (elektrokolazlin.cz)
As bafang / dengfu do not insure warranty and support to maintain the motor, this could be an solution (if they agree to supply to other country)
Great news but
I suggest studying history
"Czechoslovakia"?!?o_O

Here is a similar websites from the Czech Republic with the same price
Vyhledávání - Kola Cirkl.cz (kola-cirkl.cz)
MOTORY - Yesshop.cz
Elektrokola Praha 10 - servis a prodej (bafang) (electro-bikes.cz)

There are many more if you search well

Last edited:

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Great news but
I suggest studying history
"Czechoslovakia"?!?o_O

Here is a similar websites from the Czech Republic with the same price
Vyhledávání - Kola Cirkl.cz (kola-cirkl.cz)
MOTORY - Yesshop.cz
Elektrokola Praha 10 - servis a prodej (bafang) (electro-bikes.cz)

There are many more if you search well

Search. I have done. definitely wrong following your list. Thank you for the contribution.

except that: i do not speak csech and "contact" is rejected for french people

Last edited:

RyeNiel

Jan 4, 2021
Philippines
Hi. I have a bafang m600 motor, would like to ask for assistance or advice if any, my motor is acting strange. Sometimes when i pedal after a freewheel, it wont assist. The motor sounds strange. But when i freewheel and pedal again, it goes back to normal. Hope you can help. Thanks

Last edited:

Puschtrale

Jan 19, 2021
Dobbiaco
Is there available any wiring diagram for the bafang m500, controller and display? Just received my frameset and battery with motor but do have some problems to understand what cable goes where and how to guide them through the motor area.

RyeNiel

Jan 4, 2021
Philippines
So, after a year and 1800 km with the m600 i got a code 25. something to do with the torque sensor.I can ride the bike, but
If i ride 20km/h the display skips to 50km/h back and forth, so the pas acts unpredictable..I took out the torque sensor, examine
it, but cannot find some defect.
Maybe it has to be recalibrated. I have the besst tool and try this if i get an account with Bafang.
In the mean time I placed a new motor so i can at least enjoy my riding.
Hi. I think what you experienced before is what I'm experiencing now. We're you able to troubleshoot it?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles