Bafang M500 and M600 motors

Curiousman

Jan 11, 2021
Belgium
From Bafang,

We also improved hardware for matching this new upgraded software. We just want to provide you the best solution to test.

Thank you for helping us to test our new software. Very looking forward to your comments.
They said they also improved hardware for matching this new upgraded software… so there must be some modified / changed parts inside the engine … right ?

IsacVries

Feb 19, 2021
Victoria, Florida, USA
Hi...i have below questions regarding motors.
- It isn't UART yet CANBUS, how is the programming going to work? The apparatus utilized so far to program the Ultra and different motors appears to be impossible.

- What displays will work with the motor?

- How is the circumstance in regards to getting extra parts? From what I can accumulate, it appears hard to difficult to get them if something breaks.

There ought to be appropriate documentation accessible as PDF for everybody. Each gasket, screw, pinion ought to have a section number so one can arrange from an ideally adequate stock if something breaks in a couple of years and one would not like to discard the edge with the engine.

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Dec 31, 2020
UK
- It isn't UART yet CANBUS, how is the programming going to work? The apparatus utilized so far to program the Ultra and different motors appears to be impossible.

- What displays will work with the motor?

- How is the circumstance in regards to getting extra parts? From what I can accumulate, it appears hard to difficult to get them if something breaks.

There ought to be appropriate documentation accessible as PDF for everybody. Each gasket, screw, pinion ought to have a section number so one can arrange from an ideally adequate stock if something breaks in a couple of years and one would not like to discard the edge with the engine.
Whilst I'm more familiar with the M400 and M620 Bafang motors, I have usually relied on, GreenBikeKits (GBK). I would send them an email to see whether they have spares of the M500/M600.
I'll leave a link to their website below and yes, they do ship to the UK.

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
is somebody have the wiring of speed sensor ? i have purchase one for spare (and try to use magnet on disq) but it have not the same connector than M500/600. thanks if somebody could avoid i cut my original sensor to check

Timmy65

Feb 22, 2021
Netherlands
So, after a year and 1800 km with the m600 i got a code 25. something to do with the torque sensor.I can ride the bike, but
If i ride 20km/h the display skips to 50km/h back and forth, so the pas acts unpredictable..I took out the torque sensor, examine
it, but cannot find some defect.
Maybe it has to be recalibrated. I have the besst tool and try this if i get an account with Bafang.
In the mean time I placed a new motor so i can at least enjoy my riding.

Last edited:

KaroKönig

Feb 10, 2021
Germany
I placed the silent gear in my M600, and it was more quiet.

With my 600er it has only brought a slight improvement. By decoupling it from the frame and using insulating panels, it only became really quiet

70D33372-8C49-4ED1-A6D2-11B033DF66D6.jpeg
873A4189-64E0-45CF-ABDB-7544ACF655EF.jpeg
AB6EE162-7B8C-4CF6-ABCA-122C0DBD149B.jpeg
1CE82CC6-6634-41BF-9517-1E96B686D83D.jpeg

Last edited:

KaroKönig

Feb 10, 2021
Germany
How thick are those bitumen mats? Have you consider future issues in the motor, because the bitumen mats may not transfer heat to the frame, and all heat may stay in the motor?

Since the carbon frame does not absorb any heat from the engine anyway, the decoupling does not play a thermal role. the insulation mat is about 3mm thick and sits in a place where no wind comes to cool anyway. I have driven it up to now about 1200 miles and had no overheating problems even in summer ?

savas

Oct 16, 2018
sofia
Hi Karokoenig,
how would you compare the m600 to Brose or Bosch?What i am interested is the sensitivity, smoothness.I thinking to buy m500 or m600, just not able to decide.I would love to test them, but unfortunately there are no bikes around me with these motors.
I like these damping matts i will use this with the shimano motors-e6000 i have on the city bikes.They are kind of loud.

KaroKönig

Feb 10, 2021
Germany
Hi Karokoenig,
how would you compare the m600 to Brose or Bosch?What i am interested is the sensitivity, smoothness.I thinking to buy m500 or m600, just not able to decide.I would love to test them, but unfortunately there are no bikes around me with these motors.
I like these damping matts i will use this with the shimano motors-e6000 i have on the city bikes.They are kind of loud.

Unfortunately, I only have a comparison to the current brose in the Rotwild RE 750 from my buddy.
The response behavior of the 600er is roughly similar, the volume is also pretty much the same, only the performance and the torque of the M 600 is a lot better

savas

Oct 16, 2018
sofia
Unfortunately, I only have a comparison to the current brose in the Rotwild RE 750 from my buddy.
The response behavior of the 600er is roughly similar, the volume is also pretty much the same, only the performance and the torque of the M 600 is a lot better
Oo that's sounds really good.So brose 2.0, i had a kenevo with 1.3 and the performance of the motor was enough.Thx for the feedback!

KaroKönig

Feb 10, 2021
Germany
okay maybe i should open my engine and see what's hiding in it. while my frame is still with the painter
You must be careful if you open your motor, on my first attempt i had destroyed the controller when i came to the circuit board with the screwdriver during removal and i had recently received this notice from FLX bike:
96B73AEA-1DF4-4A8F-BE2D-ABEC1B717EB4.png

Last edited:

savas

Oct 16, 2018
sofia
Hei Guys
do you know if i can buy in Europe a m500 m600 mounting plate
FP G520?

I have emailed bafang , but as you can expect no answer.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Very helpful !

The text, so it's easier to search for in the future, well, hopefully ! :

Additionally my mechanic has
passed on some words to assist
with the installation of your new
controller:
"When Thomas replaces his
controller, it is absolutely
paramount, that he not turn the
crank arms at all while the
original controller is removed. If
he does the new controller will
likely need to be calibrated and
because he is in Germany, it will
very expensive for him to send
us his motor to perform a
calibration."
If you have any further
questions or there is any more I
can assist on please do let us
know!

pushkar

wattwagons
Jan 2, 2021
USA

1. If you are using our controller (Archon X2 / aka Innotrace X2), then programming is straightforward.
  2. Bafang is coming out with its own hardened Nylon gear, and will be in our motors by default. No need to buy PEEK add-on.
  3. The motor upperbound will be 750W nominal (still testing if there are any other limits) with around 1100 W peak.

1. Watt Wagons will stock the motor and parts in the US. Innotrace will stock the motor / parts in EU.
  2. We dont have a full catalog of these parts yet but hope to have it by May / June this year.

pushkar

wattwagons
Jan 2, 2021
USA
I did the same a couple of weeks ago. And it's much better. Not silent... But a vast improvement

Andy
We have worked with Bafang over the past year and the "silent gear" will be standard in all new motors (atleast the ones Watt Wagons is going to offer) at no additional price. I am pretty sure Bafang will provide the same motor to everyone else as well. Note that the upperbound on the gear is 750W nominal / ~1100W peak.

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Dec 31, 2020
UK
I know this thread is specifically for Bafang M500 & M600 but I'm gonna do my best to get a hold of one to compare against the predecessor 'M400'. But first things first, let me build the bike up better so it can match up ?

Afaixeda

Mar 1, 2021
17007, Girona
Hi there. Bafang is including the silent gear on all m600 moving forward. You don’t need an aftermarket part anymore.

in terms of firmware, Innotrace and Watt Wagons are launching the upgraded controller for m600. Very easy to tune / tweak. The motor also is much more responsive. Same stuff as the m620 firmware we currently have.

we will be selling motors with upgraded controller in the US in May / June timeframe, and also bikes With the new m600 motor.
Happy to answer questions.

Thanks for this info mate !!

I have ordered the M600 engine since December and my fear was the noise, I am very happy to hear that now they will all come quieter.

Luna cycle not sell to Spain for buy silen

I'm going to pray that I get the new hardware on M600

Do you know how external signal, reference or mark they can be differentiated ?

Many thanks again

pushkar

wattwagons
Jan 2, 2021
USA
Thanks for this info mate !!

I have ordered the M600 engine since December and my fear was the noise, I am very happy to hear that now they will all come quieter.

Luna cycle not sell to Spain for buy silen

I'm going to pray that I get the new hardware on M600

Do you know how external signal, reference or mark they can be differentiated ?

Many thanks again

Umm.. i dont know if there is a demarcation. However the ones we are getting next month are all silent gear embedded in them. You have to ask whoever you ordered it from.

You can also always switch to metal if the silent gear doesnt work for some reason.

If you are in spain, might be cheaper to get it from Innotrace - they will be selling it (germany).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles