Bafang M500 and M600 motors

OneCosmic

Mar 1, 2021
Prague
@pushkar Do you know any new information when a controller or either a whole M500/M600 is going to be available from Innotrace? I am based in Czech Republic and i would like to swap the stock M500 on my bike for something more powerful as soon as possible. Battery is 36V 630Wh but i have a feeling that the motor is getting weaker after less than 90% of battery charge - feels like there is some sketchiness in the bafang firmware because i have ridden it also during morning in 5 °C when motor was barely warm so it shouldn't be anything heat related.

pushkar

wattwagons
Jan 2, 2021
USA
@pushkar Do you know any new information when a controller or either a whole M500/M600 is going to be available from Innotrace? I am based in Czech Republic and i would like to swap the stock M500 on my bike for something more powerful as soon as possible. Battery is 36V 630Wh but i have a feeling that the motor is getting weaker after less than 90% of battery charge - feels like there is some sketchiness in the bafang firmware because i have ridden it also during morning in 5 °C when motor was barely warm so it shouldn't be anything heat related.

Please reach out to Innotrace. We are getting our first batch in a couple of months so I am sure they can hook you up by late April.

:)

jtran69

Jan 9, 2021
CA
Can someone confirm what comes with the M600 motor (cranks, chain gear, cablings, color display, controller, speed and torque sensors, mounting hardwares, etc...)?

pushkar

wattwagons
Jan 2, 2021
USA
Can someone confirm what comes with the M600 motor (cranks, chain gear, cablings, color display, controller, speed and torque sensors, mounting hardwares, etc...)?

The torque sensor is in the motor, the speed sensor is external. No chain. The display is a monochrome IIRC.

Bogdan

Mar 11, 2021
Slovenia
0631-2.jpg

Hi,
you should get those parts - this is picture from Dengfubikes.

Best regards to all from Slovenia.
Bogdan

Roy68

Mar 4, 2021
UK Herts
I have an E10 with M600 on order, due to backlog expected to arrive end of April.
Does anyone in Europe already have M600 with E10?

If so how about the top speed, has this been restricted like M500 to comply with EU law?

Afaixeda

Mar 1, 2021
17007, Girona
I have an E10 with M600 on order, due to backlog expected to arrive end of April.
Does anyone in Europe already have M600 with E10?

If so how about the top speed, has this been restricted like M500 to comply with EU law?

Hi mate,

I have a frame E10 and ordered 4 month ago a M600 unlimited speed and 860C screen from CNbikes china.

The engine M600 now models Model Year 2021 are more silent with plastic gear, that is reconfirmed by CNbikes.

I hope to receive the engine M600 shortly and be able to share my experience

Regards

Roy68

Mar 4, 2021
UK Herts
Hi thanks for the info, quieter motor will be great, looking forward to hearing how you get along with 860C screen too. 4 months is a long time to wait, I hope I don't have to wait that long

jtran69

Jan 9, 2021
CA
Hi mate,

I have a frame E10 and ordered 4 month ago a M600 unlimited speed and 860C screen from CNbikes china.

The engine M600 now models Model Year 2021 are more silent with plastic gear, that is reconfirmed by CNbikes.

I hope to receive the engine M600 shortly and be able to share my experience

Regards
Afaixeda, did you order all 3 items (E10 frame, battery, and motor) from CNbikes?

Afaixeda

Mar 1, 2021
17007, Girona
Afaixeda, did you order all 3 items (E10 frame, battery, and motor) from CNbikes?

Good morning mate,

No, from CNebikes on alibaba only buy a Bafang motor kit M600, this seller gave me the option to buy the motor with the digital display 860C and unlimited speed.

But so far I can not recommend this seller, make the payment on 26/11/2020 and as of today I have not received...the agent contact it have very good atention.

The tracking number that they have provided me does not show any movement, they inform me that in 10 days I will receive it, I hope it will be like that and I can share the information

Regards

Kyokushin

Mar 28, 2021
Sol
Is that possible to configure stock M500 by BESST to keep speed limits manageable form display?
I would like to have a possibility to derestrict the bike by few clicks for riding out of public roads.

pushkar

wattwagons
Jan 2, 2021
USA
You will be able to do that with the Archon X2 controller (for m600, CAN). Just create default default (start up) profile, and then switch to off road / de-restricted mode with a couple of clicks.

Kyokushin

Mar 28, 2021
Sol
Where can i get that? will it work work with restricted 25km/h M500 (48V 250W)? How can i install that and how expensive it is?

pushkar

wattwagons
Jan 2, 2021
USA
We were hoping to have it already. If you are in EU, Innotrace will have it in a month / 60 days. Ditto for the US.

pushkar

wattwagons
Jan 2, 2021
USA
I would say realistically it is priced similarly to the current X1 upgrades for the ultra ($500-$700, depending on wattage )- but we are looking at scaling up and reducing our cost to do this. More we can develop, the better we can do on the price.

To my knowledge, besst is also a $200-$250 investment and requires the user to have some experience with programming. The Archon X1 / X2 programming is simple, and very intuitive.

Were hoping to get it done sooner. Just production delays.

Kyokushin

Mar 28, 2021
Sol
Dear lord, its almost half price of my bike. I have no issues with programming, i tuned cars, gasoline, lpg, wrote applications and now i only like to have possibility to derestrict and restrict a bicycle on-demand - would like not to bump up the power because i would like to keep 250W restriction for legal. Derestricting of speed i need only to have fun on non-public roads (derestrict on non-public is legal in my country), and i have a lot of theme where i live.

How the installation of this looks?

And question about besst - is that possible to move configure the restrictions to be set from display? it was possible as far i know for bbsXX engines.

pushkar

wattwagons
Jan 2, 2021
USA
Yes. It is after market and custom, so there is definitely a cost.
I don’t know enough about the besst tool but looks like endless sphere as more details on that. A few people have tried it.

Kyokushin

Mar 28, 2021
Sol
Thanx for info about the Anchor - surely its valuable and i will look forward into it when cheaper option will not be avaiable. Its great solution and is offereing much more options than i need.

Animalector

Jan 2, 2021
Cairns, Australia
Is that possible to configure stock M500 by BESST to keep speed limits manageable form display?
I would like to have a possibility to derestrict the bike by few clicks for riding out of public roads.
No you can't change the speed from the display. Even with the BESST tool there is no setting to allow this feature.

The speed is changed through the BESST interface in the motor settings tab

Kyokushin

Mar 28, 2021
Sol
Thanx, so how can i get access to BESST to have possibility to change that?
I wrote to bafang and they told they're selling it only for dealers.

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
Is there a walk mode in the M600?

The M600 is actually throttle-able and the reason it has been on my radar since it was introduced 3 years ago. For my own reasons I would not own an eBike without a throttle, and no it is not to preclude pedaling.....makes a very handy walk mode however that needs no secret handshake to get going and doesn't allow for the cranks to go round and round at the same time whacking you in the calf.

CRFan1

Dec 2, 2020
NW Indiana
Cheers, if you work it out again can you please let me know as I really dont want to run the throttle as hoping to sneak it under the radar...

Here you go....this is for my X1 with M600 but hopefully it applies for your:

Walking Mode
Repeatedly press Down until the walking mode icon is displayed. Then press and hold Down for 2 seconds and the motor will move the bike along at a walking pace. To stop, release the Down button.

Note: You do not need to use the throttle while using Walking Mode. Doing so may cause the bike to leap out of your grip.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles