Bafang M500 V2 vs Bosch Gen 4

Puschtrale

Jan 19, 2021
Dobbiaco
I just returned from a longer test ride. The zip tie bugfix worked with no problems. 42 km and 1.300 hm accomplished!
This is the cheeb on steroids now! Much better then expected! I pushed the bike really hard and fast on this extended round, and retourned with 15 % battery left. Mode 2 is replacing Mode 3 within my preferred setting, supporting with up to appr. 375 Watt. Mode 3 up to 500W. Mode 4 up to 600+W, Mode 5 I saw up to 720 W peak. The bike performes best with higher cadence, perfectly matching my riding style with lots of support when needed, very very natural feeling. And most important: The derating behaviour is as described from @Kyokushin and @BootsDave. Below 30% still up to 500 W (feels like the the old firmware, fully charged), still 250 W below 20 %. I also changed the wheel diameter from 2274 to more realistic 2168 mm (preset value). Now the deviation to the track record on Relive is appr. 2%, and on the faster side (Display says 40.7 km / Relive says 41.5 km). Very nice. I‘m totally happy, and thanks again to all of You for Your support. And special thanks to @Kyokushin for his patiance and great support! And congrats to @Puschtrale and everyone for getting it done!
I justed verified and i think circumference with the 29" backwheel schould be at 2164mm. Or did you choose for 27,5" and afterwards changed the circumference?

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
I have 27.5 x 2.6 and calculated it at appr. 2.200. Then I picked a littler smaller circumference out of the pull down menu at BT - I think 2168? . This is a little smaller als real circ., as written above, bike is appr. 2% faster as shown on the display.

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
I justed verified and i think circumference with the 29" backwheel schould be at 2164mm. Or did you choose for 27,5" and afterwards changed the circumference?
Yes. I choose 27.5 and then I selected 2168? In the pulldown menu for circumference.
I also tried to adjust speed limit to 26 km/h but received an error message that this is exeeding the allowed speed limit in my Country.

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
Basically, is this a male / female extension cable or is it a female / female?
Do you know how long is the piece of cable attached to the motor?
No it is the original cable replacement from motor to display. 2 x female

DA26D6DA-D225-4361-910F-C2BA92BE1F97.jpeg

Kyokushin

Mar 28, 2021
Sol
If you have ups track marked as received by ups then then its done and bike is on way to you, but if still its on customs then you may wait. Note the customs may be done in Poland and then bike may be sent to your country from warehouse in Poland.

Laudix

May 15, 2021
Paderno Dugnano (Italy)
If you have ups track marked as received by ups then then its done and bike is on way to you, but if still its on customs then you may wait. Note the customs may be done in Poland and then bike may be sent to your country from warehouse in Poland.
Hi Andrzej.
that's what I knew too, the train with the bike should have arrived on August 20 ... Marina still has to give me confirmation. So I think it takes a few more weeks before I see the bike.

Laudix

May 15, 2021
Paderno Dugnano (Italy)
No it is the original cable replacement from motor to display. 2 x female
I did some research, this should be the wiring diagram (updated).
I don't have the bike yet (today it is in Ukraine), can anyone who already has the bike confirm that the connections are correct?

Attachments

• M500 - M600 Wiring diagram.pdf
    696.9 KB · Views: 425
Last edited:

ornias

Jul 22, 2021
Netherlands
never heard of stronger M600 than stock.

I do for the M500 though: they have an internal "burn-out" firmware they use for races.
It's meant to burn out the motor each race, but officially the motor is still 250w nominal so "race legal".
Sadly enough my bafang contact got silent pretty fast after telling me some details about it :(

So they can make them, but simply dont want to.

Kyokushin

Mar 28, 2021
Sol
I do for the M500 though: they have an internal "burn-out" firmware they use for races.
It's meant to burn out the motor each race, but officially the motor is still 250w nominal so "race legal".
Sadly enough my bafang contact got silent pretty fast after telling me some details about it :(

So they can make them, but simply dont want to.
my m500 handles m600 controller (18A x 48V) without issues so far, and its still 250W rated.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles