Levo Gen 3 Official Specialized Gen 3 2022 Levo Megathread!

ghost48

Jan 25, 2019
Germany
Magura MDRP rotors suck. Sometimes they start making noise after you had to rearrange/bending them. They built in two-piece formation.

Best rotors are Brakestuff:

Or Dächle HD

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
2022 comp owner here.

I’ve upgraded the brakes to MT7 Pros but I’m still not totally happy with the stopping power…

Looking at new rotors, any recommendations? These are top of my list.

Except for the fact that they're noisy (which does get old), they hold true better than other rotors I've tried. Storm HC are a solid choice if 203mm is all you need.

Mike640

Dec 10, 2021
Portugal - Sintra
Same b
2022 comp owner here.

I’ve upgraded the brakes to MT7 Pros but I’m still not totally happy with the stopping power…

Looking at new rotors, any recommendations? These are top of my list.

Same bike here! I put kevlar pads on the Code Rs with Hope Rotors and love it!

unclezz

May 3, 2020
CZ
For the records: I just received a Turbo Levo Gen 3 Expert and it is still with the old crappy charging port cover...

CampingfamCO

May 23, 2022
Colorado
After each of my rides I’m now getting this error message in the ride app. I’m not seeing any codes or anything. Has anyone had this before? Any ideas?

Error:

Speed Issue: One or more speed values are outside of your acceptable range.

Bolet

Apr 12, 2022
Spain
Hello friends. I'm new to the forum with a specialized Turbo Levo Comp carbon 2022 for a couple of months. Last week I updated the new firmware that was available in mission control. Today I went out and I noticed and verified that the power of the engine has dropped.
With the old firmware, it reached a peak power of 726W, with the new one it hasn't gone over 695W.
I have all the power parameters configured in the MC, etc. just like before, but I have noticed a lot of engine performance drop in all modes.
Has anyone else noticed it?
Thank you

Jamo

Jul 25, 2020
Fife
Rode for first time today since update and it felt less powerful. I’ve no way to quantify it, just pure feel….

CampingfamCO

May 23, 2022
Colorado
Hello friends. I'm new to the forum with a specialized Turbo Levo Comp carbon 2022 for a couple of months. Last week I updated the new firmware that was available in mission control. Today I went out and I noticed and verified that the power of the engine has dropped.
With the old firmware, it reached a peak power of 726W, with the new one it hasn't gone over 695W.
I have all the power parameters configured in the MC, etc. just like before, but I have noticed a lot of engine performance drop in all modes.
Has anyone else noticed it?
Thank you
I have, but specialized confirmed the update they did would not have reduced power output. Others have also said they didn’t notice a difference. All I know is that since I’ve done it I now feel like the power is being applied sporadically, lower, and the bike is producing errors.

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
Have done the update on my two Levos (expert and pro). No difference I can perceive on either bike. I'm in a 25kmh zone. Not sure if region might make a difference.

Gordon

brigcampbell

May 30, 2022
SoCal
Switching over to Squirt Wax chain lube.

The Levo kicks up WAY more dust than my Stumpy. Rear cog and wheel are covered in dust.

The chain is a crunchy mess. I rode a trail where I was 10 miles from anything and I thought I had bent or broke something from the noise.

Got home and figured I better get the bike into the specialized shop. It was really dirty so I cleaned it. Rides like butter.

I went into the LBS and told them. They said "wax is the only way. It's what we all run on our Levos"

JetSedgwick

E*POWAH Master
Aug 29, 2020
Lake Tahoe California

The Levo kicks up WAY more dust than my Stumpy. Rear cog and wheel are covered in dust.

The chain is a crunchy mess. I rode a trail where I was 10 miles from anything and I thought I had bent or broke something from the noise.

Got home and figured I better get the bike into the specialized shop. It was really dirty so I cleaned it. Rides like butter.

I went into the LBS and told them. They said "wax is the only way. It's what we all run on our Levos"
great tip. I'm in NorCal (Sierras) and I still get a lot of dust. hopefully Bezos will sell me some.

JetSedgwick

E*POWAH Master
Aug 29, 2020
Lake Tahoe California

ordered

brigcampbell

May 30, 2022
SoCal
great tip. I'm in NorCal (Sierras) and I still get a lot of dust. hopefully Bezos will sell me some.

Ordered from Bike Bling.

You need to watch a couple of YouTube videos on wax. Basically clean the hell out of the chain, cassette, and chainring with degreaser (simple green works) Chain can soak in mineral spirits. The chain needs to be very clean then clean it again. Great, now clean it one more time.

Wax chain thoroughly making sure it's in every nook and cranny and let dry. Then lightly wax again.

When chain is dirty just wipe with rag and / or rinse lightly. Let dry and add a little more wax. Never need to do anything else.

Also picked up 4 powerlock 12 speed. They're difficult to get, specialized store didn't have any and didn't know when.

Funny story while I was in there. The GM was ordering a SRAM cassette from Amazon. Seriously. They built a custom S-Works Levo SL for a guy who is picking it up on Friday. He paid $14K and Specialized can't get the cassette. GM said screw it, I'm not risking losing the sale.

Last edited:

Bolet

Apr 12, 2022
Spain
I'm also at 25km/h. I have noticed that the engine makes much less noise. Before it was a turbine, now I don't even hear it.

PaPaYoU

Sep 21, 2021
France
for those who find that the power is reduced since the last update I realized that the acceleration response was not always saved and returned to zero (Mission Control 3.0 iPhone iOS 15.6) on custom settings

ruppia

Dec 14, 2020
Italy
With the update i can feel a better response. More fluent from the beginning of action
For my perspective now the bike it's better. I going to ask LBS whats new on 8.1.5

CampingfamCO

May 23, 2022
Colorado
Yeah it’s really strange. Before the update I could really hear the motor in turbo mode, now only at certain times. Part of me feels like some torque management might have been put in to help reduce the amount of warranty claims. Not sure of how to prove that though. Something definitely doesn’t feel right, but it’s still rideable.

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA

One thing to watch out for, the wax build up rate on your jockey wheels is higher with Squirt and much higher with their e-bike formulation. Came down off a simple fire road run while the bike barely had 100 miles on the clock and the RD was making a hell of a racket until I scraped the crud off.

brigcampbell

May 30, 2022
SoCal
One thing to watch out for, the wax build up rate on your jockey wheels is higher with Squirt and much higher with their e-bike formulation. Came down off a simple fire road run while the bike barely had 100 miles on the clock and the RD was making a hell of a racket until I scraped the crud off.

Thanks, I'll watch for it.

LBS said just a quick wipe after each ride. I can do that. LOL

spicker

May 2, 2022
Newfoundland, Canada
I have my order of paraffin at home. Just waiting on my teflon order now to mix into it before I clean my chain in a friends ultrasonic cleaner. Then I'll do the hot wax dip.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I think this is only if you apply too much and/Or apply on the inside of the chain and forward the chain rather than backwards (you need to backpedal) the chain so it goes round the chainring and cassette before it gets to the jockeys, then there's never excess.

Last edited:

gt2

Aug 2, 2022
Uk
Hey guys. Just picked up a new s6 carbon Gen 3. Is there a good source for derestricting anywhere? Wanted to fit the peartune if it won’t invalidate warranties etc. Has anyone used the peartune on their Gen 3?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles