Levo Gen 3 Official Specialized Gen 3 2022 Levo Megathread!

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
Hey guys. Just picked up a new s6 carbon Gen 3. Is there a good source for derestricting anywhere? Wanted to fit the peartune if it won’t invalidate warranties etc. Has anyone used the peartune on their Gen 3?

De-restricting invalidates warranty. Period. Just depends on if they find out.

Then again you just announced your intentions on a forum where Specialized are active......... :)

Gordon

Frank_Denmark

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Dec 17, 2018
Denmark
Hey guys. Just picked up a new s6 carbon Gen 3. Is there a good source for derestricting anywhere? Wanted to fit the peartune if it won’t invalidate warranties etc. Has anyone used the peartune on their Gen 3?

My friends friend recommend Bikespeed from Germany when you riding on your private land
Still shows real speed and distance in TCU and App

Reactions: gt2

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
I think this is only if you apply too much. Or apply on the inside of the chain and forward the chain rather than backwards the chain so it goes round the chainring and cassette before it gets to the jockeys.
I suppose it's possible. I do apply on the inside of the chain and run it backwards and lightly wipe off the excess before riding. I switch back and forth between Squirt and White Lightning so perhaps the "right" amount of WL is "too much" with Squirt.

That said, I've used both products for just shy of decade never had a problem with either until I started using the Squirt E-bike formulation. That stuff is extremely viscous, so it's not hard to imagine how it could build up pretty quickly.

gt2

Aug 2, 2022
Uk
De-restricting invalidates warranty. Period. Just depends on if they find out.

Then again you just announced your intentions on a forum where Specialized are active......... :)

Gordon
Hey flash. I did say if doesn’t invalidate warranty 😁. Thank you for the information though.

Last edited:

Stompweaver

Jan 20, 2018
Stafford
Use the Trailwatts Levociraptor. Excellent product, works perfectly and is not detectable when removed. This is my own experience and I have used them on a Gen1 Kenevo, Gen2 Kenevo and Gen3 Levo. They’re fantastic with plenty of happy customers on this forum. Trailwatts have their own section on the forum but the link to their website is:

Levociraptor website

gt2

Aug 2, 2022
Uk
Use the Trailwatts Levociraptor. Excellent product, works perfectly and is not detectable when removed. This is my own experience and I have used them on a Gen1 Kenevo, Gen2 Kenevo and Gen3 Levo. They’re fantastic with plenty of happy customers on this forum. Trailwatts have their own section on the forum but the link to their website is:

Levociraptor website
Much appreciated. Thanks

maramouse

Mar 24, 2018
Genoa Italy
I've got it in the lowest and slackest setting. I like it as the stuff that I ride is quite steep. Havent tried with any other setup, so cannot comment on that (y)
Hi, when I picked up the TL expert 2022, immediately set the bike in the lower and slacker mode, having an enduro background, I immediately found myself very well, but, at times, I touched with the pedals on the ground for the lower bb height , now i moved to high and slacker position and i like it better, with shorter rear end and higher bb height.

Redders473

Jul 30, 2020
Leeds
I use it, but with a cascade link for 230x65 shock now I have 165 mm rear and 170 front the ha now is 63 degree.
the fork is the original fox 38 performance elite, with 170 air spring and the shock is a dhx2 factory

Bit risky running a DHX2 isn't it do the shafts snappy easy on levos due to the lateral forces through the shock

Trail Blazer

Jun 13, 2021
Sweden
Hi

My Levo Gen 3 Pro with 850 km stopped working the other day. It starts but when I ride it for 20 seconds its looses all power. Tried restarting several time.

1st error the motor is either missing or not communicating
2nd error magnet or speed sensor problem detected

I have checked and cleaned the sensor several times

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
Anyone get after charging the dreaded red and blue error light. I'll plug the bike back into the battery nicely seated, close the door and go to fire her up and get the dreaded red and blue lights. Have to open the door push firmly again on the battery plug and then it works. The thing is seated perfectly but always throws an error every time. Is it OK to chuck some WD40 on the connectors or should I use something else?

Eduardoramundo

Aug 8, 2019
Glasgow
Anyone get after charging the dreaded red and blue error light. I'll plug the bike back into the battery nicely seated, close the door and go to fire her up and get the dreaded red and blue lights. Have to open the door push firmly again on the battery plug and then it works. The thing is seated perfectly but always throws an error every time. Is it OK to chuck some WD40 on the connectors or should I use something else?
1E406F3C-E866-4BC1-A08C-9DE0E88775D7.jpeg

Reactions: iXi

CampingfamCO

May 23, 2022
Colorado
Does anyone know at what temp the motor will start to reduce power? On my ride today I couldn’t get any power at certain points. When I took my phone out and looked a little after the temp was 67C. I figured it was higher than that since my power was restored some by the time I pulled my phone out.

cbsnz

Oct 18, 2020
New Zealand
Hi cbsnz, I have a Levo Comp Alloy gen3 S3 and it fits perfectly. I just had to swap the bushings from one to the other and that's it.
View attachment 94549
Thanks for coming back to me I got one anyway had first ride on it last weekend felt great with one volume spacers in it might need to for summer though, I’ve just ordered a factory 38 as well to try something different was running dvo shock and fork

Paolone

Jul 20, 2019
Italia
Salve a tutti! Chissà se è normale che la mia Fox X2 stia per entrare in servizio per la quarta volta! Non ne posso più! Ho avuto più problemi con questo shock che con qualsiasi altro
CF2E9532-D9CE-4EFA-B55E-6E55D3CAE349.jpeg

BruceJR

Jun 16, 2022
USA West
Silca Super Secret is the best wax lubricant out there according to Zero Friction Cycling. Once you degrease the chain it goes on super easy. Much easier than hot melt wax and works as well or better. Absolutely no wax build up or gunk retention. No more chainring tattoos. Every 3-4 rides you either wipe the chain down really well or wait for chain to dry after a thorough bike wash. Then drip apply the wax solution and work it into the chain and wipe off excess.
i have a stable of 3 chains that are degreased and waxed. After about 25 rides I will remove the chain and give it a very thorough cleaning with boiling hot water and scrubbing. So I’m not out of action during that process I swap in a freshly cleaned and waxed chain at that time. The Silca Super Secret works as well as hot wax but is superior because you do not have to remove the chain to reapply the wax until the chain is just super dirty after a lot of rides….and even then it could probably be cleaned well enough on the bike for most people. This saves having to replace quick links so frequently. Which as another poster pointed out the Shimano ones are hard to find. I also reuse the Shimano ones several times even though they say not to. YMMV

sebsic

Mar 8, 2022
France
Hello,

Can someone confirm the default wheel circumference in Mission control of the 2022 turbo levo? (In mm if possible)
Thanks 🙏

Seb

Last edited:

sebsic

Mar 8, 2022
France
27.5 inches
Thanks but this is not the size shown in Mission control.
27.5 is the rim circumference.
In Mission control this is the entire wheel circumference (with the tire). I am not shure but it might be 2255 mm (88.7 in)

No, not correct.

MC stores the wheel circumference which is 2255mm for a 27.5 rear iirc.

For my bike, LBS dropped it to 2000 which gives a slight bump in top end speed. ~10% which is unnoticeable in my case.

Thanks++

SD_Levo

Jul 21, 2022
San Diego, CA

Levociraptor website

Any conflicts with Levociraptor and the latest firmware update?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles