Levo Gen 3 Official Specialized Gen 3 2022 Levo Megathread!

DS.

Mar 15, 2019
Devon
happened on my 19 levos the air shocks would start to knock got a gen 3 Levo comp and that has started to do it now so have been running coil last 2 years on the 19s not a problem had a KSL for 3 months with the same shock as the gen 3 Levo did have one single problem with it just hated the motor that why I sold it otherwise I would of kept it

timo_

Mar 21, 2021
Germany
New Bike Day ☺

PUSH - Smashpod - TRICKSTUFF - ENVE - Industry Nine - RockShox - Hope - Sram XX1 AXS - Roval Traverse SL

A8A7CBDF-3582-4338-B397-7FAB4A0D5F20.jpeg

08BAC6CB-F826-445E-A8E6-6FF7B078E0EC.jpeg

AB5FD1D7-3B48-494C-BA21-9D883D1F1AAD.jpeg

Last edited:

rzr

Sep 26, 2022
bcn
How are the motors in new Turbo Levo 2022 (motor 2.2) ? problems all the time? or is it better ?

Velociraptor

Oct 10, 2020
Pacific Northwest
Specialized Gen3 derailleur hanger for SRAM bikes-just a note. Maybe this has been covered before but I could not find it discussed. I have a Gen3 Levo Pro which has been totally reliable. Last week I was riding and something got into the back wheel and bent the hanger, broke two spokes, and flatted my tubeless tire. I went looking for a new hanger and ran into a wall. Could not find the part anywhere. It was a two piece thing with one piece being a rubber boot that fit over the other piece. I think the part on my bike has been replaced by the SRAM Universal Derailleur Hanger which is easy to find. See the attached pic. Top is what was on my bike. Bottom is the new part. Just in case others have this two piece part and get confused like I did:)

IMG_4328.jpeg

jnasty

Oct 9, 2022
Oregon
Specialized Gen3 derailleur hanger for SRAM bikes-just a note. Maybe this has been covered before but I could not find it discussed. I have a Gen3 Levo Pro which has been totally reliable. Last week I was riding and something got into the back wheel and bent the hanger, broke two spokes, and flatted my tubeless tire. I went looking for a new hanger and ran into a wall. Could not find the part anywhere. It was a two piece thing with one piece being a rubber boot that fit over the other piece. I think the part on my bike has been replaced by the SRAM Universal Derailleur Hanger which is easy to find. See the attached pic. Top is what was on my bike. Bottom is the new part. Just in case others have this two piece part and get confused like I did:)

View attachment 98992

Just had same problem. At least 3rd time

20221007_160206.jpg

whwv

Dec 29, 2021
Bay Area, CA

View attachment 98992
Is the replacement shown the SRAM UDH? I have the same frame and should probably pick up a spare….

FranktheThanks

Oct 12, 2022
Drammen
Hi folks!
Im hearing some rumors of a new SL motor. With 50-ish nM torque.

Have anyone else heard something about this?
And! Will the new motor fit in the "old" frame??
🤔

Reactions: iXi

Decolocsta

Aug 10, 2022
Germany
Hi folks!
Im hearing some rumors of a new SL motor. With 50-ish nM torque.

Have anyone else heard something about this?
And! Will the new motor fit in the "old" frame??
🤔

That is not gen3 related.
There are some SL rumors Threads here.
But its Safe that the new SL Motor will have 50-60Nm.

BTT:

I think i going to Sell my Gen3

Still think its the best Emtb out there and ahead of the competition.
If i now have all the Money i Need i would still buy the Gen3 Levo.

But slowly im frustraded.
No Problems with the Motor (way over 4K kms)
No Problems with the charging door, still on the first.

But the bike is eating rear shocks.

First X2 Dead After 1200km
Second X2 worn Body After 2500km
Third shock dead

Now im going to Switch to another bike, i think.
Love the Levo, Love the feeling. But i dont want to sit and wait for shocks to come Back from Service.

Last edited:

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
That is not gen3 related.
There are some SL rumors Threads here.
But its Safe that the new SL Motor will have 50-60Nm.

BTT:

I think i going to Sell my Gen3

Still think its the best Emtb out there and ahead of the competition.
If i now have all the Money i Need i would still buy the Gen3 Levo.

But slowly im frustraded.
No Problems with the Motor (way over 4K kms)
No Problems with the charging door, still on the first.

But the bike is eating rear shocks.

First X2 Dead After 1200km
Second X2 worn Body After 2500km
Third shock dead

Now im going to Switch to another bike, i think.
Love the Levo, Love the feeling. But i dont want to sit and wait for shocks to come Back to Service.
I blew up my X2 during the first 100 miles🤣😂 I’m running the cascade link and the EXT storia now, so far so good but I’m waiting on it to blow up too.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
EXT now makes an EMTB specific shock. The E-Storia. Yes it’s expensive but it should be very
EXT now makes an EMTB specific shock. The E-Storia. Yes it’s expensive but it should be very durable.
I already had a new Storia that I never used, I just had Mojo retune it for the Levo. I spent a good amount of time on the phone with Chris and he assured me that the regular Storia was definitely up to the task, he said the gains with the E-Storia were minimal. Definitely not enough to spend £1150 for a brand new shock. The retune and new spring cost me £170.

DS.

Mar 15, 2019
Devon
Same here blowing up shocks on the gen 2 though they might have sorted it with the gen 3 but no one mouth in on the comp knocking coming from the shock that rear end is a bad design or they should put a shock on that can cope with some abuse

Jeff McD

Aug 5, 2018
Kona, Hawaii
My X2 shock started leaking air almost immediately during the ride as well before six months of use. Sent it back for warranty just recently. Bought a Rock Shox deluxe ultimate RCT and couldn't be happier with it. Bike is more balanced with front fork. We'll have to see how long it lasts. I like it better than the X2 which never felt good from the very beginning even with the proper adjustments for set up. Tried the specialized settings for my weight for the X2, as well as the fox recommended settings and multiple variations from these with no improvement. I love this new shock.

rzr

Sep 26, 2022
bcn
Same here blowing up shocks on the gen 2 though they might have sorted it with the gen 3 but no one mouth in on the comp knocking coming from the shock that rear end is a bad design or they should put a shock on that can cope with some abuse
Is it because of a lack of stiffness in a rocker (two parts :/) and clavic mount ? too much side load on a shock?

What about motor problems in new Levo? (>=MY2022 ? ) solved?

maramouse

Mar 24, 2018
Genoa Italy
Hi, after cracking a fox dhx2, now I'm using a rockshox superdeluxe air ultimate rc2t and it work very well, instead, with the fox 38, I didn't have a lot of feeling and I was thinking about zeb ultimate 2023 or lyric ultimate 2023, I'm undecided, I know the zeb well, I've already used it on the cannondale moterra, the first version, I liked it a lot and the new one seems further improved, but I have this idea that the new lyric goes just as well and I save 3 ounces of weight on the front .

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Hi, after cracking a fox dhx2, now I'm using a rockshox superdeluxe air ultimate rc2t and it work very well, instead, with the fox 38, I didn't have a lot of feeling and I was thinking about zeb ultimate 2023 or lyric ultimate 2023, I'm undecided, I know the zeb well, I've already used it on the cannondale moterra, the first version, I liked it a lot and the new one seems further improved, but I have this idea that the new lyric goes just as well and I save 3 ounces of weight on the front .
TBH, I’m not a fan of the Fox 38. I have a Zeb on another bike and prefer it over the 38. I’m looking at upgrading the zeb to the new charger 3 with the buttercups for my Levo. I’m parting out the other bike to build a short travel trail bike so can’t use the zeb on that.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
What about motor problems in new Levo? (>=MY2022 ? ) solved?
Certainly not for everyone ..

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
Something I've felt as my motor has broken in is a distinct increase in resistance above the 25kmh cut off. The first couple of rides I was super impressed how well the bike could maintain a higher speed than my Gen 2 Levo and it could be nicely accelerated with pedal power from 25kmh upwards. Now after only its sixth ride it is back to feeling like my Gen 2 bike when I hit a wall at 25 and it's like pedaling thru treacle. Now I'm looking at derestriction again but that's another story..

Anyone else notice this??

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles