Kenevo SL Official 2022 Kenevo SL (KSL) Megathread!

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
I think you will. Did you order the SWORKS? It looks even better in person! The riding and visual appeal of the bike feels like an SL that has matured to the next level.
No - only the Expert was in stock. Plus, the $4k premium over the Expert didn't seem like I got much out of it (already have parts to swap on anyways).

AlexEMTB

Feb 5, 2020
Santa Monica
Exactly, i get sick of people saying that a long travel e bike does not turn fast enough.
This one certainly does!
IMG_1463.heic.jpeg

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
Thank you! It's like the SL has grown up and matured to the next level. Super stable, plush and composed. Can't imagine having any other bike in the stable.
Kudos for calling this out way back when in august 2020 (Skypark - been dreaming of this bike since then!!)

jwrx

Jul 22, 2018
Malaysia
@Christian haha good! We agree on some things :rolleyes: I thought you had a Keveno?

I just hate the amount of elitist fitness bs in MTB. The funny thing is that moto people are so much nicer and you would not expect that looking at the two industries. Everyone that rides moto just wants to get everyone else into it no matter what they are going to ride or how.

And yeah 35nm doesn't seem like enough. I pretty much just use trail mode on the FF. 90 is more than I need unless I was commuting on the street. That said I haven't ridden one yet. I just assume that trail would be somewhere closer to 60nm.

I find that the 8lbs of battery in front of the levo really makes the front drop like a rock over jumps and drops. I really wanted the lighter front end just with a little more power. I also am concerned that the motor doesn't kick in until higher rpms (from what I have heard). Is it possible to crank up the shuttle settings on the SL?

I swapped out my previous Levo battery with the smaller one, the weight savings is significant and you def feel the diffrence going off drops. But in the end, even 3kg total savings off a FF levo.....cant come close to a SL

if you are used to and need the power of a levo...the SL is not for you, even on trail mode, a FF has lot more oomph vs a SL on turbo. A FF can climb anything in almost any gear due to the torque. A Sl needs to be ridden like normal bike...if you arnt in the right gear...the motor will not help you at all

i dont think the ppl who are saying the SL power is just nice are gatekeeping or elitist. The SL was built for specific niche of riding

Last edited:

Kinger

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver, BC
KSL Expert ordered. (y)

For the British Columbia / Pacific Northwest, this KSL is made to order. Yes, FF is warranted on many climbs but as many here have said, Turbo mode often goes unused. Especially on tight switchbacks up the mountain. Range extender will be very handy though. Necessity for big days.

Question:

I’ve tried to tease the Praxis crank length out for the S3. I know the S4 is 170mm but is the S3 165mm?
Anyone know?

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
Exactly, i get sick of people saying that a long travel e bike does not turn fast enough.

That's not what I asked - I was wondering if the rear suspension was nudging the bike forward when it was hitting bumps on entry into corners, because that's what it looked like in the video

So I looked around a little and apparently specialized designed it to do this - transmit vertical forces into forward .

This bike really appeals to me, but test riding one in a small rural australian town is essentially impossible, so my question remains - does that feel as scary as it looks?

chris.raffard

Feb 21, 2021
winnipeg, mb, canada
KSL Expert ordered. (y)

For the British Columbia / Pacific Northwest, this KSL is made to order. Yes, FF is warranted on many climbs but as many here have said, Turbo mode often goes unused. Especially on tight switchbacks up the mountain. Range extender will be very handy though. Necessity for big days.

Question:

I’ve tried to tease the Praxis crank length out for the S3. I know the S4 is 170mm but is the S3 165mm?
Anyone know?

I’ll let you know on Sunday when I pick mine up.
It’s an S3 KSL
Where in bc are you ?

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
That's not what I asked - I was wondering if the rear suspension was nudging the bike forward when it was hitting bumps on entry into corners, because that's what it looked like in the video

So I looked around a little and apparently specialized designed it to do this - transmit vertical forces into forward .

This bike really appeals to me, but test riding one in a small rural australian town is essentially impossible, so my question remains - does that feel as scary as it looks?
I know it’s a trip for you, but if you come to the city you can have a go at mine. I’d be willing to meet at Buxton.

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California

It’s the slightly rearward axle path in the initial part of the travel that I believe you are referencing. It’s designed to get less “hung up” on square edges and other bumps. That essential would mean less of a rearward acceleration. High pivots are gaining popularity for this reason these days (this bike doesn’t go that far in the extreme however)

I think that this will translate to less feedback on repeated hits, but we will see

Loamranger

Dec 10, 2019
U.K.
Some entertaining comments here.

My thoughts on SL vs FF. If you enjoy technical climbing as much as DH then the SL is not the best choice. DH it’s a different story for the SL. If you can afford it have both ?

I would really like to see a review of the KSL vs Rotwild E375. Anybody tried both?

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
This might interest some of you . Near 1900 members now and only one year old .lots of information and good people .

Blownoutrides

Mar 22, 2021
USA
Daily rip on my Enduro is ~2,500’ in about 2hrs.

Anyone know if I’d be able to double that with the KSL in the same timeframe(?).

The downs are why I do this but the fitness component of riding is key for me. Not looking to shorten the ride but rather pack in twice the laps for the same exertion & timeframe.

Oh... I’m 230lbs ?

oettam20

Mar 3, 2021
Lugano

The Kenevo SL should have a very similar kinematic to the 2020/21 Enduro.
I own the Enduro and also the FF Kenevo and I can say that characteristic is very notable and is the reason why I purchased this bike. It is by far the best/fastest rear suspension ever tried. It accelerates on bumps instead of getting hooked as the Regular Kenevo does.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Is there much point, given the carbon bike is over 19KG?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles