Kenevo Gen1 Official 2018/2019 Kenevo thread

2wheelsahead

Feb 22, 2023
Wrexham
Evening bikers,
So the re con motor is in and it’s working a treat. I’ll be riding in the morning and I’m looking forward to feeling the power that should have always been there. Meanwhile specialized are looking into my original motor and seeing why it’s only pulling 8amps..I think I may end up with 2 motors fingers x’d.

Again thanks for the help.

Rob

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
Does anyone know of a bigger battery for the first generation Kenevo? Currently the standard 504(?) battery isn’t lasting as long as it used to, and lots of people have 700s, so it always runs out first

Reactions: STK

GeordieKenevo

May 12, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Does anyone know of a bigger battery for the first generation Kenevo? Currently the standard 504(?) battery isn’t lasting as long as it used to, and lots of people have 700s, so it always runs out first
No. The trailwatts external battery system is your only option other than having a second battery you can carry in a back pack or return for.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Reactions: Dax

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
😭

Maybe I’ll just buy it a new battery then!
There's a couple of other ones I've considered for mine in the range extender thread :

Would be nice if someone did some third party re-packs of them with higher WH though :-(

richie_Kenevo

Apr 23, 2022
New Brunswick
Hey all. Finally got my 2019 kenevo expert a few days ago. This thing is blowing my mind. I swapped to a 650 cane creek valt spring and replaced the tiny grips. I also took a token out of the lyric as it wasn't getting full travel. Now I am. I have ridden it every day since and am starting to get to know it abit more. A few of the things I like is how genuinely plush the suspension is. It feels like my dh bike. I also like the sizing. S5 fits me really well. I'm a big guy at 260/117 kg and ride very aggressive terrain with long fire road climbs. My main concern is getting the most out of the 504w battery. My normal ride is 1400ft in 3 miles and 2 miles of descent. 5.1 total miles. The best I've been able to get it roughly 60% battery after one lap. Two laps is roughly 20% left. I've been trying to switch the setting around in the app to see how I can eek more lap out. Higher cadence for instance or 70/70 trail. Today I tried 50/50 trail. Anybody have any suggestions? My goal would be 30% each lap at almost 16 miles and about 4500 ft climbing total.

View attachment 29746

View attachment 29747

View attachment 29748
For the vault spring did you choose the 65mm? I know the stroke on the shock is only 57 mm stroke. Just wondering as the length I assume would be different for each scenario.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles