Kenevo SL Official 2022 Kenevo SL (KSL) Megathread!

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
EXT Era and storia v3 fully custom tuned.

They make big claims but just the quality and innovation is enough for me to spend the additional cash over the current offerings on the market.
My brother runs them on his Kenevo and says they’re the best suspension he’s ever run.
I had a quick urban ride and I can confirm they are pretty good.

55plusmxinsanity

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 18, 2019
Apple Valley, California
I have all three Stumpjumper, SL, and FF. I ride each of them during the week depending upon my recovery. The SL is by far my favorite.

349B76E0-95E4-4FD3-BD66-9B6CBEC24480.jpeg

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
Storia V3 (on my Levo SL) is rad. I will say it runs a bit more of a "race tune" - supportive and not ultra plush, but it's unflappable. The faster you go, the better. Before the KSL launch, i was going to send it in to get re valve to lower high speed compression. I have found that I run a tab bit more sag on rockier trails because I like that plusher feel in certain scenarios. With the HBO, you can run a tad lower spring rate and not worry about harsh bottom outs. I was seriously on the fence about getting the KSL because this shock on the SL was that good, but then I opened my browser, saw an S4 expert in stock, blacked out, and had an order confirmation in my gmail. ?

Will be curious to compare to the out of the box KSL and it's more progressive LR plus rearward axle path. I wouldn't hesitate to throw another EXT on there though.

• Hot
Reactions: CjP

Geniusbiker

Jan 13, 2021
Germany
Nice, but not for me - still waiting for them to slap the Stumpy Evo geo on the regular SL, or just the new Levo geometry - any idea on when that might happen?

Exactly my plan: Levo SL Gen.2 with Stumpjumper EVO or new LEVO geometry is on top of my wish list. Hopefully also with a new Gen.2 motor. More quiet and with a little more power. I´m hoping for arrival/presentation next year.

Geniusbiker

Jan 13, 2021
Germany
I think it's best looking emtb spesh have made. I don't really like the look of the asymmetric frame on the Levo/Kenevo, but the KSL looks fantastic. If they make a FF with a similar look, I would seriously consider getting one.

No, in my opionion the new FF Kenevo should be based on the new/next Enduro and not on a frame that is 3 years old in 2022!

h.grenade

Feb 13, 2021
PNW
I love how everyone that says the motor doesn't have enough power immediately gets criticized by someone that says " don't need more power, just get fit." As someone who isn't and has a former knee injury. FU. Everyone has different skill levels, fitness levels, health issue, etc. Just stop being douches.

All of us unfit riders are super happy for you that you enjoy xc and hill climbs. I wish you all of the best on your KOMs. Some people just want to ride a bike because its fun. PS, you have some avocado toast on your spandex bib.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
I love how everyone that says the motor doesn't have enough power immediately gets criticized by someone that says " don't need more power, just get fit." As someone who isn't and has a former knee injury. FU. Everyone has different skill levels, fitness levels, health issue, etc. Just stop being douches.

All of us unfit riders are super happy for you that you enjoy xc and hill climbs. I wish you all of the best on your KOMs. Some people just want to ride a bike because its fun. PS, you have some avocado toast on your spandex bib.
Are you saying the SL doesn’t have enough power to help out the disabled?
I have an acquired back injury that basically ended my mtb riding and the SL has more than enough power to get me where a normal Mtb couldn’t.

or are you just complaining cause someone called someone fat?

ps I don’t like climbing, avocado or spandex.

h.grenade

Feb 13, 2021
PNW
@Christian haha good! We agree on some things :rolleyes: I thought you had a Keveno?

I just hate the amount of elitist fitness bs in MTB. The funny thing is that moto people are so much nicer and you would not expect that looking at the two industries. Everyone that rides moto just wants to get everyone else into it no matter what they are going to ride or how.

And yeah 35nm doesn't seem like enough. I pretty much just use trail mode on the FF. 90 is more than I need unless I was commuting on the street. That said I haven't ridden one yet. I just assume that trail would be somewhere closer to 60nm.

I find that the 8lbs of battery in front of the levo really makes the front drop like a rock over jumps and drops. I really wanted the lighter front end just with a little more power. I also am concerned that the motor doesn't kick in until higher rpms (from what I have heard). Is it possible to crank up the shuttle settings on the SL?

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
@Christian haha good! We agree on some things :rolleyes: I thought you had a Keveno?

I just hate the amount of elitist fitness bs in MTB. The funny thing is that moto people are so much nicer and you would not expect that looking at the two industries. Everyone that rides moto just wants to get everyone else into it no matter what they are going to ride or how.

And yeah 35nm doesn't seem like enough. I pretty much just use trail mode on the FF. 90 is more than I need unless I was commuting on the street. That said I haven't ridden one yet. I just assume that trail would be somewhere closer to 60nm.

I find that the 8lbs of battery in front of the levo really makes the front drop like a rock over jumps and drops. I really wanted the lighter front end just with a little more power. I also am concerned that the motor doesn't kick in until higher rpms (from what I have heard). Is it possible to crank up the shuttle settings on the SL?
Yes I do have a Kenevo SL but haven’t ridden it off road as of yet.
My current 20kg Levo SL though still has enough power to get me up what I need it to, even on a 36T rear.
In saying that my brother doesn’t agree with me but then again he is packing a few more kgs than me. So in that circumstance yeah get fit C&$t.

Like you, when I was riding FFs I was 90% in trail with 1 in 10 rides flat out turbo when I was short on time. Fun as hell but man it’s a heavy bike.
Ridding the SL variant is so much nicer feeling. The sacrifice is that brute power but still has way more power than an analogue. Way more power!

If that’s not enough then you always have the 3/4 power lightweights. Still great bikes just not as pretty as the Kenevo SL ?

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
I get very easily excited so take what I say with a grain of salt.
I love my SL, it is the perfect blend of chuckability and power. According to the forum I am a Specialized fanboy so I may be biased but of the few different brands I have tried I am happy with that label.
As for the 3/4 power lighter weight bikes I was referring to the Rise and Sirion etc. sub 20kg lower than FF power bikes.

h.grenade

Feb 13, 2021
PNW
haha don't we all! I have been riding specialized way before ebikes ? Yeah the Rise is too xc for my tastes and the siryon has a bafang motor which doesn't have the punch that they claim (according to Rob's YT vids). I thought maybe there was something else that I was missing.

I personally think there is a huge market for a 50nm lightweight bike. But I will go see if I can rent an SL just to try it out.

I also wonder if specialized is going to allow motors to be swapped later. If a new motor comes out that is 50nm couldn't it just be swapped in. People with surrons overclock the bikes to make them seriously powerful but I haven't really seen this with MTBs yet. It's only a matter of time. Modify the BMS to pass more voltage. More power less battery life.

Last edited:

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
haha don't we all! I have been riding specialized way before ebikes ? Yeah the Rise is too xc for my tastes and the siryon has a bafang motor which doesn't have the punch that they claim (according to Rob's YT vids). I thought maybe there was something else that I was missing.

I personally think there is a huge market for a 50nm lightweight bike. But I will go see if I can rent an SL just to try it out.

I also wonder if specialized is going to allow motors to be swapped later. If a new motor comes out that is 50nm couldn't it just be swapped in. People with surrons overclock the bikes to make them seriously powerful but I haven't really seen this with MTBs yet. It's only a matter of time. Modify the BMS to pass more voltage. More power less battery life.
Well anythings possible but life’s to short to wait around for the next best thing. Enjoy what’s here now and in a year’s time something better will come out. Upgrade then or be happy with the fact you don’t have to pedal all on your own.

AlexEMTB

Feb 5, 2020
Santa Monica
All the superlatives.. can't wait. Guess mine hits the dealer early next week. I hope it's all I think it is
I think you will. Did you order the SWORKS? It looks even better in person! The riding and visual appeal of the bike feels like an SL that has matured to the next level.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles