Levo Gen 3 Official Specialized Gen 3 2022 Levo Megathread!

ficorama

Oct 9, 2021
Croatia
Hello,
Firstly We need to point out that service done everything they could. It is recommended to clean up the contacts to keep the system function fully.
Main issue is that We see only few errors on your bike and even close to each other so keep in mind that If errors keep showing in future, visit your local bike shop to check the bike again. But for this time We would recommend to use the bike as normal.
Thank you for reaching us and have a nice day

OK I found it....the original was white text on white background....invisible!!

So did either of the dealers you visited actualy ride the bike? I would have thought at the very least they would do a test ride and also reflash the firmware. Sounds like you need to find a good bike shop!!
sorry, I didn't even notice. I'm using a dark theme

ficorama

Oct 9, 2021
Croatia
Hello,
Firstly We need to point out that service done everything they could. It is recommended to clean up the contacts to keep the system function fully.
Main issue is that We see only few errors on your bike and even close to each other so keep in mind that If errors keep showing in future, visit your local bike shop to check the bike again. But for this time We would recommend to use the bike as normal.
Thank you for reaching us and have a nice day

OK I found it....the original was white text on white background....invisible!!

So did either of the dealers you visited actualy ride the bike? I would have thought at the very least they would do a test ride and also reflash the firmware. Sounds like you need to find a good bike shop!!
I was in 2 services! in both the same, cleaning and lubricating the contacts. I lost my will and trust in Specialized. I am selling Spec. and I buy Bosch. Bosch is the most represented in Croatia. the authorized Specialized service in Slovenia is approximately 200 km away in both directions.

ficorama

Oct 9, 2021
Croatia
I had same problems and had the speed sensor changed, but I still didn’t have time to test properly yet.

Other symptoms I had was difficulty to reach the 25kh/h limit unless trail tipping downhill, and motor cutting the power when rear wheel looses traction and spins the middle of a difficult climb, this was the most annoying…
I replaced the speed sensor today. the cable was pinched between the brake lines and the frame.

20240201_165544.jpg 20240201_165556.jpg

fish65

Feb 12, 2024
Italy
replacing the sensor helped. I've been on 4 rides, no more problems.
HI,
I also have the same problem with my new Turbo Levo Comp 2023 , purchased 5 months ago.
I wanted to know, did you solve the problem by replacing the sensor yourself, or was the work done under warranty, at a Specialized assistance center?
From what you wrote in your post, after the replacement, it seems that you no longer had any problems.
Correct ?
And ..Were you able to understand where the cable was crushed?
I saw in the workshop manual that the cables (rear brake, derailleur and speed sensor), behind the engine, are fixed to a cable clip.
Could this be the speed sensor problem?
It is the only cable, thin, soft, and without protection.
Thanks

Schermata 2024-02-12 alle 15.24.02.png Schermata 2024-02-12 alle 15.27.27.png

ficorama

Oct 9, 2021
Croatia
HI,
I also have the same problem with my new Turbo Levo Comp 2023 , purchased 5 months ago.
I wanted to know, did you solve the problem by replacing the sensor yourself, or was the work done under warranty, at a Specialized assistance center?
From what you wrote in your post, after the replacement, it seems that you no longer had any problems.
Correct ?
And ..Were you able to understand where the cable was crushed?
I saw in the workshop manual that the cables (rear brake, derailleur and speed sensor), behind the engine, are fixed to a cable clip.
Could this be the speed sensor problem?
It is the only cable, thin, soft, and without protection.
Thanks

View attachment 134306 View attachment 134307
greeting. since I changed the sensor, there are no more problems. I bought the sensor myself. since 2 authorized service centers failed to fix the defect. I don't know if he would write Specialized Eastern Europe, where I report to them that I fixed the problem myself. however, they didn't fix my bike in 2 authorized service centers! I marked in the picture the area where the cable was pinched.

Schermata 2024-02-12 alle 15.24.02.png

fish65

Feb 12, 2024
Italy
greeting. since I changed the sensor, there are no more problems. I bought the sensor myself. since 2 authorized service centers failed to fix the defect. I don't know if he would write Specialized Eastern Europe, where I report to them that I fixed the problem myself. however, they didn't fix my bike in 2 authorized service centers! I marked in the picture the area where the cable was pinched.

View attachment 134339

Hi ficorama,

Thank you for your answer .
One last question... to pass the new cable, did you have to remove the engine cover (electrical connector side) and also the chainstay from the frame?
Or, you used a probe, connected to the old cable, to pass the new one (without having to remove the chainstay from the frame).
Because, it seems to me, that the cable flows well, in the hole and inside the horizontal stay.
Among other things, I noticed that on my bike, the sensor cable, instead of passing through the external hole, passes through the innermost one.
They reversed the routing of the cables, compared to the workshop manual.
external hole = rear brake cable
internal hole = speed sensor
And the brake cable ,crosses over ,the speed sensor cable.
It could be that it is the brake cable, which is pinching the sensor cable at that point.

Schermata 2024-02-13 alle 17.18.45.jpg Schermata 2024-02-13 alle 17.20.37.jpg

Tyjay

Apr 27, 2020
Bedlington
Looking to upgrade my forks from fox 36 rhythm to ultimate Zebs or maybe fox 38 factory
just read that there’s 2 steerer tube sizes 1.8 or 1.5 on Zeb is that correct
what is the levo steerer tube size. As forks are on eBay from France with no details other than newest version

thanks

update bought forks from eBay Zeb ultimates 23 with 1.5 steerer and levo is 1.5 steerer so all good
panicked a bit as bought them and didn’t realise there were 2 sizes 😝

Last edited:

Money Pit

Subscriber
Jan 27, 2024
UK
Looking to upgrade my forks from fox 36 rhythm to ultimate Zebs or maybe fox 38 factory
just read that there’s 2 steerer tube sizes 1.8 or 1.5 on Zeb is that correct
what is the levo steerer tube size. As forks are on eBay from France with no details other than newest version

thanks

update bought forks from eBay Zeb ultimates 23 with 1.5 steerer and levo is 1.5 steerer so all good
panicked a bit as bought them and didn’t realise there were 2 sizes 😝

I think it's just a tapered steerer so 1-1/8 to 1.5.

I believe maybe Trek have an unusual wider diameter steerer the levo one is pretty standard.

Tyjay

Apr 27, 2020
Bedlington
I think it's just a tapered steerer so 1-1/8 to 1.5.

I believe maybe Trek have an unusual wider diameter steerer the levo one is pretty standard.
Yeah thanks just had a slight panic mode thinking I’d bought the wrong tapered forks haha 😛
should be here we’d/thurs can’t wait to get them fully tested

Money Pit

Subscriber
Jan 27, 2024
UK
Yeah thanks just had a slight panic mode thinking I’d bought the wrong tapered forks haha 😛
should be here we’d/thurs can’t wait to get them fully tested

I had similar when I was buying my fox 38. Knew I'd got a decent price but then was trying to get my head around the steerer thing and concerned id bought wrong thing.

At least bottom brackets aren't much of a thing on ebikes because they are another head scratcher for me.

beutelfuchs

Aug 11, 2019
Barcelona
Did anyone convert his Levo Gen3 to SRAM transmission and kept the original (non T-type) plate? Does it work? I am aware this would be against the SRAM spec.

Else, which is the right plate to buy?
Thank you!

Last edited:

Tomehun

Mar 19, 2024
Hungary
Hi everyone!
im a fresh Levo user and I’d like to ask about the new Specialized app. I can’t find the jump stats in the app and I can’t find any info about this on the internet. Am i doing something wrong or there is no jump stats option in the Specialized app?
Turbo Levo comp 2023 BTW.
Thank you for your answer in advance!

JS-Levo

Mar 22, 2024
Suffolk
Hi all,

Completely new to this forum but I’m struggling find the info I need, and wondered if anyone here has the answer!

I have a gen 3 comp alloy levo and wondered if anyone here had made the swap to linkglide?

I have the Hope pro 5 wheel set in mind, with the m8130 shifter and derailleur, and the lg700 11 speed cassette.

Does anyone know what front sprocket I should be using? And also if the linkglide is really worth the shift……

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

ebikeZA

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town
Hi everyone!
im a fresh Levo user and I’d like to ask about the new Specialized app. I can’t find the jump stats in the app and I can’t find any info about this on the internet. Am i doing something wrong or there is no jump stats option in the Specialized app?
Turbo Levo comp 2023 BTW.
Thank you for your answer in advance!
You need to use the old app to add jump states to your mastermind... (you need the new style mastermind, not the the TCU with the 10 stripes)

ebikeZA

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town
Hi all,

Completely new to this forum but I’m struggling find the info I need, and wondered if anyone here has the answer!

I have a gen 3 comp alloy levo and wondered if anyone here had made the swap to linkglide?

I have the Hope pro 5 wheel set in mind, with the m8130 shifter and derailleur, and the lg700 11 speed cassette.

Does anyone know what front sprocket I should be using? And also if the linkglide is really worth the shift……

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated
I switched my Gen 2 comp to Link glide as it it kind of my mule... have a Gen3 I ride most of the time and the gen2 for mates who want to ride and don't have ebikes....

I am so impressed with the LINKGLIDE (XT) that I I might convert my other bike to it.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Anyone have updated opinion on the X2 2024 vs. crappy 23. Thinking of going with Cascade long link with maybe Fox Float for dependability or even DVO. Help!
My mate hasn’t had any problems out of his since the update, mine was updated but I sold it as soon as it came back.

You may have clearance problems with the X2 and the long link depending on what frame size you have. I think S4 and above you’ll have no issues, it’s hit and miss on the S3 and doesn’t work on the S2. The Float X fits every size frame, plus I’ve been told it feels better than the X2 on the Levo.

JS-Levo

Mar 22, 2024
Suffolk
I switched my Gen 2 comp to Link glide as it it kind of my mule... have a Gen3 I ride most of the time and the gen2 for mates who want to ride and don't have ebikes....

I am so impressed with the LINKGLIDE (XT) that I I might convert my other bike to it.
Thanks 👍🏻 Good to hear a positive review. I was upgrading the wheelset to the Hope pro 5’s and thought if I was going to make the change, now would be the time.

Binned off the code R’s and got a set of XT M8120’s in the process too. Just have an expensive expensive pile bits waiting to be fitted now 👍🏻

ebikeZA

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town
Thanks 👍🏻 Good to hear a positive review. I was upgrading the wheelset to the Hope pro 5’s and thought if I was going to make the change, now would be the time.

Binned off the code R’s and got a set of XT M8120’s in the process too. Just have an expensive expensive pile bits waiting to be fitted now 👍🏻
That’s my next update. Replace the guides with some XT 4 pistons.

ebikeZA

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town
My mate hasn’t had any problems out of his since the update, mine was updated but I sold it as soon as it came back.

You may have clearance problems with the X2 and the long link depending on what frame size you have. I think S4 and above you’ll have no issues, it’s hit and miss on the S3 and doesn’t work on the S2. The Float X fits every size frame, plus I’ve been told it feels better than the X2 on the Levo.
I have both. And constantly swapping between the two. The float x does feel better and it annoys me that is does.
When I put the x2 on I’m constantly trying to make it feel like the x, which I suppose is the wrong thing do to. I’m just really struggling to tune the x2 and keep going back to x.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
I have both. And constantly swapping between the two. The float x does feel better and it annoys me that is does.
When I put the x2 on I’m constantly trying to make it feel like the x, which I suppose is the wrong thing do to. I’m just really struggling to tune the x2 and keep going back to x.
I believe it, I swapped out the X2 for a float x on one of my older bikes and liked it better. The float x suited the bike better, not sure why they made the decision to go with the X2 TBH.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles