Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff H

May 19, 2019
San Jose, CA, USA
Autonomy is calculated based on the wh/km of the ride an the wh available.. the km considered are only the ascend km..
If you want an autonomy that uses also che km in descend, there an option in BLEvo configuration..
But what is the definition or meaning of the word “autonomy” in this context? Maybe something’s lost in translation from Italian to USA English. ?

I think it’s an estimate of the remaining distance that can be ridden before depleting the battery, based on the tour ascent distant so far. Remaining miles in the tank, so to speak.

Can anyone confirm this or correct me if I’m wrong? Thanks!

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
But what is the definition or meaning of the word “autonomy” in this context? Maybe something’s lost in translation from Italian to USA English. ?

I think it’s an estimate of the remaining distance that can be ridden before depleting the battery, based on the tour ascent distant so far. Remaining miles in the tank, so to speak.

You are right! It means “Range left”. Important to understand is you have two options to calculate this value. To suit different needs (depending on the terrain) Paolo designed BLEvo in such way that the rider can choose to include or exclude the amount of km’s in descend. You can select this option in BLEvo configuration page.

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese

Let me know if in english the word "Autonomy" is not correct.
In Italian the word is "Autonomia"..

jxj

Jun 28, 2018
Sierra California
Having a problem with Belevo on two of my last 4 rides about an hour into 2-3 hour rides announces that "I have left the pre-defined route". To my knowledge I have never defined a route nor used the mapping features yet. Is there a way to disable this feature or am I causing this issue due to lack of understanding? I'm using the latest version of Android Blevo.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Having a problem with Belevo on two of my last 4 rides about an hour into 2-3 hour rides announces that "I have left the pre-defined route". To my knowledge I have never defined a route nor used the mapping features yet. Is there a way to disable this feature or am I causing this issue due to lack of understanding? I'm using the latest version of Android Blevo.
Please try to go in the "gpx and map download menu" and deselect all the gpx.
Otherwise, you can deselect the message on the voice configuration menu

jxj

Jun 28, 2018
Sierra California
Yup, one from a prior ride was selected. I missed that . I assume that if one prior ride is selected it tries to keep you on that route? Thanks Paolo. I continue to be amazed at Blevo. Did a 28 mile ride yesterday with it and the smart and heart power made it so nice.

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden
I was riding 2.5 hours today, used smart heartrate set to 130. I could not tell it was working harder when approaching that pulse or beeing over it. Should the assistance figure change?
On my level of firmware on a 2019 levo the rider watt is totally wrong all the time if that can be a cause.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
I was riding 2.5 hours today, used smart heartrate set to 130. I could not tell it was working harder when approaching that pulse or beeing over it. Should the assistance figure change?
On my level of firmware on a 2019 levo the rider watt is totally wrong all the time if that can be a cause.

Did you configure smart HR settings between an min and max %? If you add the assistance % to your display you should be able to see the assistance % change as soon as you reach your set heart rate value.

Can you test this?

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden
Smart HR is enabled, heart rate training value is set to 130bpm, I have checked the +-3bpm. There is no Min and max hr to set what I can see on iPhone version.
I have expert mode checked and choose “Set as Emilio”.
22505924-5B94-45DA-9BC5-F3DE3B7C3875.jpeg

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Smart HR is enabled, heart rate training value is set to 130bpm, I have checked the +-3bpm. There is no Min and max hr to set what I can see on iPhone version.
I have expert mode checked and choose “Set as Emilio”.
View attachment 14404
You have set it correctly. Yesterday I was thinking you maybe would have set the min and max assistance range very closely to each other and this could maybe explain why you didn’t feel any difference.

As I don’t have firmware 3.019 I can’t compare. Maybe Paolo has another idea?

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden
I tried today again with +-10, no difference at all to the assistance level when pulse going from 70-145. Tried all three modes.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I tried today again with +-10, no difference at all to the assistance level when pulse going from 70-145. Tried all three modes.
Did you start the ride and keep the phone connected to the App?
Is the heart belt connected and detected?
Could you try to make a short test with the phone in your hands or on the handle bar in order to understand if the heart rate is read correctly?
Thanks.

villho

May 26, 2018
Siuntio,Finland
I've tried to get my head around with Current Motor and Assistance etc. values. I've been lately really happy with my setup, as I was getting a good range and also a good exercise (i.e. the uphills haven't been too easy, but the bike has assisted just the right amount), but here comes today: I bought a bluetooth-enabled heart rate sensor. Pairing etc. went just fine, and off I went for a ride. I did not change any other values on my setup, but just enabled the "Smart HR". The bike became crazy: I was well below my HR threshold (140 bpm), but even in ECO mode, a series of pedal thrusts made the bike to increase the power to 400-500 watts. The assistance percentage increased the normal way with the set delay, but series of pedal thrusts made each time the bike boost away like never before. I knew that that is sucking the juice out of the battery and I also did not like the way the bike behaved.

So, I thought that there's something with "Smart HR" and I disabled it. However, the bike kept acting the same way after that. I tried changing the settings back and forth: CM values , assistance levels, etc. etc. Rebooted the bike a couple of times. I stopped like 20 times during my ride, but nothing helped.

I know that there is some bug/thing with CM x assistance should stay below 999, but I don't understand that. Any chance that you @PaoloBLEvo could elaborate a bit more? I'd like to have settings, where ECO mode assists some amount, but gives a good range (i.e. for example will never give me 500 watts). I use TRAIL only for short but really steep uphills and TURBO for going over fallen logs or other similar, very technical stuff. I had my setup like this, but not anymore :unsure:

I'm using the latest Android version of BLevo. Bike is 2018 Levo with x.23 firmware.

villho

May 26, 2018
Siuntio,Finland
... I removed and re-installed the app and got it to work again with my old settings. I'm sure that enabling Smart HR did something, which I wasn't able to revert again.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I've tried to get my head around with Current Motor and Assistance etc. values. I've been lately really happy with my setup, as I was getting a good range and also a good exercise (i.e. the uphills haven't been too easy, but the bike has assisted just the right amount), but here comes today: I bought a bluetooth-enabled heart rate sensor. Pairing etc. went just fine, and off I went for a ride. I did not change any other values on my setup, but just enabled the "Smart HR". The bike became crazy: I was well below my HR threshold (140 bpm), but even in ECO mode, a series of pedal thrusts made the bike to increase the power to 400-500 watts. The assistance percentage increased the normal way with the set delay, but series of pedal thrusts made each time the bike boost away like never before. I knew that that is sucking the juice out of the battery and I also did not like the way the bike behaved.

So, I thought that there's something with "Smart HR" and I disabled it. However, the bike kept acting the same way after that. I tried changing the settings back and forth: CM values , assistance levels, etc. etc. Rebooted the bike a couple of times. I stopped like 20 times during my ride, but nothing helped.

I know that there is some bug/thing with CM x assistance should stay below 999, but I don't understand that. Any chance that you @PaoloBLEvo could elaborate a bit more? I'd like to have settings, where ECO mode assists some amount, but gives a good range (i.e. for example will never give me 500 watts). I use TRAIL only for short but really steep uphills and TURBO for going over fallen logs or other similar, very technical stuff. I had my setup like this, but not anymore :unsure:

I'm using the latest Android version of BLevo. Bike is 2018 Levo with x.23 firmware.
You should also share the settings..
With firmware x.23 there is no bug like with x.22..
I don't understand how can be possible what you describe..

villho

May 26, 2018
Siuntio,Finland
Sorry, I actually have 10.22.3. I got confused with "3".

These are the settings, which work again after re-installing the app, but which went crazy after enabling Smart HR.

Screenshot_20190602-224338.png Screenshot_20190602-224143.png Screenshot_20190602-224151.png Screenshot_20190602-224155.png

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Sorry, I actually have 10.22.3. I got confused with "3".

These are the settings, which work again after re-installing the app, but which went crazy after enabling Smart HR.

View attachment 14431 View attachment 14432 View attachment 14433 View attachment 14434
Are you sure, you want to ride with ECO set to 65%??!?!?
I think you don't have associated the HRM... the Smart HR is not available...
Please set the CM to 9 so you can use the setting from 1 to 100% without thinking of the bug..

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
That was it, now it works. Thank you, it somehow reset itself to custom.
I had lots of connection issues today, phone to bike. I set my Applewatch to flightmode which seems to have solved it.
Good to know.. thanks..

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden
Just placed an order for a BV6000. My last experience with android was a Garmin Monterra.
Two year old android at launch date and never got even most serious bugs fixed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles