Levo Gen 3 Official Specialized Gen 3 2022 Levo Megathread!

Jason1

Jul 18, 2019
UK
Does any one find their Gen 3 Levo a bit.... sloppy out back? Hard to describe but the bike to me feels as though the rear end can be quite wobbly. Almost like the rear triangle is made out of flexible plastic.

Everything is tight, so unless the bearings are toast I think it might just be the suspension design. Finding it quite off putting as I recently bought a 22 Aluminium Patrol and its stiff as you like so jumping back onto the Levo it feels like somethings wrong with it.
Hi did you manage to resolve this as I have a carbon comp which feels the same as you describe, sloppy loose wobbly rear end cant see any play in any of the bearings.

Jason

WestCoastRider

Feb 10, 2023
Manhattan Beach, CA
For anyone who has put a Float X2 onto their Turbo Levo, were you able to just use a puller to remove the Rockshox mounting hardware (i think it's 6x20mm if not mistaken)? If not, what did you buy? I usually pull the existing shock and measure but was hoping to short circuit that by asking here

EmtbChar

Apr 22, 2023
West Sacramento, CA USA
For anyone who has put a Float X2 onto their Turbo Levo, were you able to just use a puller to remove the Rockshox mounting hardware (i think it's 6x20mm if not mistaken)? If not, what did you buy? I usually pull the existing shock and measure but was hoping to short circuit that by asking here
I took mine to my lbs and they transferred all the mounting hardware from the stock Rockshox shock to the new marzocchi bomber cr for free. They used some sort of tool that pushed it out using a vice

Cb750stu

Subscriber
Nov 6, 2020
United Kingdom
I'm sure the hardware is 8x20mm on the levo , I use this tool for removing old and installing new bushings,

Screenshot_20231129-053410.png

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
I’ve just done this
Take your R/S shock off and get a slight smaller hex socket that the eye of the shock
Position the socket and tap gently and the bushing come out very easily

WestCoastRider

Feb 10, 2023
Manhattan Beach, CA
The RS bushings are not the same as what I will need for the Fox shock, maybe other people had different bushings (see second photo). The lower eye (one connected to the wishbone) of the stock RS shock has two silver metal bushings that protrude from eye like thin flat washers (probably 1mm thickness). My Fox shock (see first picture) has white plastic bushings in it that protrude out way futher than this 1mm, and if I pull those plastic bushings, the two metal bushings from the RS shock wouldn't seat correctly in the Fox eye (the Fox eye would be too large). On the top eye for the RS shock, there is a black metal sleeve with two black rubber bushings. Again, the white plastic bushings that protrude out but not far enough alone and too far if I put the black rubber bushings on. I'll just order the proper fox parts as I am not a fan of grinding and cutting parts or stacking bushings.

Fox hardware.jpeg RS Hardware.jpeg

EmtbChar

Apr 22, 2023
West Sacramento, CA USA
The RS bushings are not the same as what I will need for the Fox shock, maybe other people had different bushings (see second photo). The lower eye (one connected to the wishbone) of the stock RS shock has two silver metal bushings that protrude from eye like thin flat washers (probably 1mm thickness). My Fox shock (see first picture) has white plastic bushings in it that protrude out way futher than this 1mm, and if I pull those plastic bushings, the two metal bushings from the RS shock wouldn't seat correctly in the Fox eye (the Fox eye would be too large). On the top eye for the RS shock, there is a black metal sleeve with two black rubber bushings. Again, the white plastic bushings that protrude out but not far enough alone and too far if I put the black rubber bushings on. I'll just order the proper fox parts as I am not a fan of grinding and cutting parts or stacking bushings.

View attachment 130014 View attachment 130015
After you removed those 4 pieces (2nd pic) from the Rockshox shock you still have a thin silver bushing in each eye. Those have to be removed as well and moved to the Fox shock then the other 4 pieces will fit fine. Probably the same cost to bring to local shop and have them move the mounting parts over in a few minutes vs ordering new parts.

WestCoastRider

Feb 10, 2023
Manhattan Beach, CA
After you removed those 4 pieces (2nd pic) from the Rockshox shock you still have a thin silver bushing in each eye. Those have to be removed as well and moved to the Fox shock then the other 4 pieces will fit fine. Probably the same cost to bring to local shop and have them move the mounting parts over in a few minutes vs ordering new parts.
Ah, yes, I forgot about those. I have the tool to pull those so easy enough to do. Thanks

fone

Sep 27, 2023
Bavarian Outback
What is the current best way to go if you need to run a centerlock wheel in the back?

How do I attach the magnet to the SRAM HS2 CL disc on a HX1700 wheel? Does the Specialized lockring fit?
There are some post on the web stating that the Specialized magnet lockring does not fit with their specific wheel or disc setup...

Are there any alternative magnet holders for centerlock that can be used with the Levo Gen 3?

Thank you!

Chrysaor

Apr 12, 2021
Switzerland
What is the current best way to go if you need to run a centerlock wheel in the back?

How do I attach the magnet to the SRAM HS2 CL disc on a HX1700 wheel? Does the Specialized lockring fit?
There are some post on the web stating that the Specialized magnet lockring does not fit with their specific wheel or disc setup...

Are there any alternative magnet holders for centerlock that can be used with the Levo Gen 3?

Thank you!
Two round neodymium magnets both sides of the disc branch at the right height work for me (on a Shimano bike but principle is the same). To be on the safe side I have glued it on top and it has never moved despite riding in wet conditions.

D@x

Nov 2, 2021
Tucson, az

Thank you!
Lock ring dont fit. Just superglue a magnet and carry spare and glue in casw it falls off, happened to me twice.

BruceJR

Jun 16, 2022
USA West
I have the base model carbon and was wondering if its possible to convert the rear hub to XD?
Yes, they use DT Swiss 350 free hubs.

What do you have now? Shimano Microspline? I switched from SRAM Eagle to Shimano because I prefer the gearing. The prices in XT and especially SLX are much cheaper than GX or XO as well. So unless your converting the T-Type it’s maybe not worth it…

rzr

Sep 26, 2022
bcn
I have the base model carbon and was wondering if its possible to convert the rear hub to XD?
Do you need XD in fact? I run 11s 11-46 sunrace (with XT M8000 mech and shifter)
but your bike came with Sram 11-50(52?) cassette? albeit heavy I guess

mart1nn

Oct 3, 2023
Denmark
Removed the battery of my Levo for the first time since I had to take it indoors for charging (pretty cold outside lately) and noticed some scratches on it. Could this be from rubbing against the bottle cage bolts or something? Not the best pictures but it took the label and began etching the plastic casing (probably a mm or 2).

Should I be worried? 405293329_731859082171844_4902595118510960077_n.jpg 393177805_1372960240072019_4965680647240850191_n.jpg

head

Jul 2, 2020
Slovakia
I have the same scratches. If they are not too deep, then it is OK.

Did you replace your water bottle mount? Because I replaced it with a Fidlock mount which has a lower profile, and the screws go deeper into the frame. I used the shortest screws I found at home, but they could be even 1mm shorter. The ones that came with the mount were way too long.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
It came with sram NX, and im considering upgrading to sram T-type transmission.
given you got a mega deal buying the base level carbon it makes no sense to me to spend silly money for very marginal gains.................unless your intention is to strip the bike to a frame and build it to Pro spec entirely.
You have an SX mech and lever, and an NX cassette and chain. The cassette is hard wearing and works fine, the mech is the weakest part of the set up but its relatively cheap and easy to upgrade that to a GX. Anything in the Eagle range a bove that gives no real performance benefit. The chain could also be changed for a GX. The brakes are fine as long as you are not planning on alpine descents! I have no idea if the fork can be made any good but the shock would definitely be my next target to change if I was going to ride the bike straight away.
Why not spend some time on the bike on your usual trails and determine what works OK for you and what does not.

I considered getting the same bike simply because the price is so good.........the components are however pretty low spec throughout. In my case I was thinking of buying it purely as a project rather than riding it anytime soon........really just treating the frame, battery and motor as the only parts I would retain selling all the other bits unused.

Ribinrobin

Subscriber
Apr 16, 2021
Berkshire, UK
Removed the battery of my Levo for the first time since I had to take it indoors for charging (pretty cold outside lately) and noticed some scratches on it. Could this be from rubbing against the bottle cage bolts or something? Not the best pictures but it took the label and began etching the plastic casing (probably a mm or 2).

Should I be worried? View attachment 130251 View attachment 130252
I’ve done this on mine with too long water bottle bolts (fidlock) battery’s fine, been like it for months. Obviously got the shorter bolts now 😂

Alexbn921

Sep 27, 2021
East Bay CA

Should I be worried?
Worried NO.
BUT, I would make sure that whatever is causing the damage is fixed before it gets worse.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles