Levo Gen 3 Official Specialized Gen 3 2022 Levo Megathread!

BruceJR

Jun 16, 2022
USA West
You may also use the Heart Rate to control your support via Mission Control - From Specialized:

You can add a Bluetooth heart rate belt/strap to monitor your heart rate.
You can set your turbo support to maintain a chosen heart rate.
Most ride reports I’ve seen say the Specialized App is not nearly as functional though. Is that true?

brigcampbell

May 30, 2022
SoCal
What version? My motor has 8.1.0 which was released 09/03/21.

I rode the bike an hour ago and it said there was an update and needed to take it to a specialized authorized dealer for the update.

Then I connected to get you a screenshot of my current versions and now there's no update available.
Screenshot_20220714-163508.png

Must be a bug...

brigcampbell

May 30, 2022
SoCal
Yeah... You need to remove the plug by getting a piece of the plug, pinching it, and not just the handle. I use two hands.

I was at a specialized store looking at a bike and opened the charge port door to peek in there. The plug handle was missing. LOL

The store broke it off charging it one time.

The entire charge port door and contents are a design disaster. It's literally located in the worst possible location on the bike.

If you said "where could we put the door to do the most damage?"

No need, it's already there

Last edited:

spicker

May 2, 2022
Newfoundland, Canada
Yeah... You need to remove the plug by getting a piece of the plug, pinching it, and not just the handle. I use two hands.

I was at a specialized store looking at a bike and opened the charge port door to peek in there. The plug handle was missing. LOL

The store broke it off charging it one time.

The entire charge port door and contents are a design disaster. It's literally located in the worst possible location on the bike.

If you said "where could we put the door to do the most damage?"

No need, it's already there
Yeah. Definitely a drag. I wonder if it’s designed to fail as opposed to breaking the housing of the battery. I was thinking I could drill out the remaining plastic hinge and slip in some steel rod but then what if that breaks the part it clips into? Then it’s cable replacement.

Sized it up and it looks like a piece of 1/8” stainless rod would be a good fit. I think I will try to fix this one up while waiting for a new one from the shop.

Last edited:

cbsnz

Oct 18, 2020
New Zealand
Is anyone running just the base cascade link on a alloy levo comp im 88 kg and am thinking about getting one but would like to know if anyones done it and how much of a difference it made

brigcampbell

May 30, 2022
SoCal
In the App store the changes are described. There is a new jump count functionality ^_^

What's New

MasterMind TCU Update
Get the newest firmware using Over the Air updates to benefit from new features and improvements.

Jump Stats (Beta)
Add Jump metrics (number of jumps, last jump distance, and last jump airtime) to your MasterMind TCU. Record a ride and all your jumps will be recorded. On the ride screen, you will see a summary and a list of all jumps.

New Design
With the new and refreshed look of Mission Control, it's now easier than ever to add and manage your Turbo E-Bikes.

miguelmendes

Nov 12, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Updated yesterday

I noiticed a small bug: when I'm on the new "screen", that I added with the jumping stats data, it sometimes randomly jumps into the 1st "screen" ( default ).

anyone seeing it happening ?

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
No luck getting the update to download on the Levo. Constantly fails between 4-26% during the update connection module phase. I tried deleting and reinstalling the app. No improvement. Any ideas?

Edit: Spoke to Specialized Rider Care this morning. They're seeing a history of errors between the TCU and motor in the log, so it sounds like a bad TCU. Seriously a bummer. I was having problems with the remote on this bike as well and had to swap that out. However Specialized implemented their CANbus, it seems the hardware isn't very robust at all.

Last edited:

Christox

Aug 12, 2020
Freiburg/ Germany
I noiticed a small bug: when I'm on the new "screen", that I added with the jumping stats data, it sometimes randomly jumps into the 1st "screen" ( default ).
Hi !

Same here ! Skips back to the 1st screen.
Perhaps its a feature ?

The new firmware is allegedly capable of detecting anything non standard and is then stopping the motors from working. Those with derestrictors beware!

No way ! The only speed input is the rpm sensor. Every unlocker that creates a smooth modulated signal near the limit can not be detected clearly

The only bug i found is, that when jumping derestricted a 8m Table is shown with only 6.5m due to the wrong speed input over 24km/h 😅

Overall it is a Nice feature 🤘Especially the Jump counter !

Best regards,

Chris

1B6E3FAD-2D7F-4F4F-A271-6353764B7AC3.jpeg

spicker

May 2, 2022
Newfoundland, Canada
Yeah. Definitely a drag. I wonder if it’s designed to fail as opposed to breaking the housing of the battery. I was thinking I could drill out the remaining plastic hinge and slip in some steel rod but then what if that breaks the part it clips into? Then it’s cable replacement.

Sized it up and it looks like a piece of 1/8” stainless rod would be a good fit. I think I will try to fix this one up while waiting for a new one from the shop.
Looks like I will have to try and repair this one as the Canadian distributor doesn't have any spare battery pulls. That kinda sucks. 1/8" steel is a little bit larger than the fat ends of the hinge too. Perhaps I can print a piece to repair it.

Last edited:

SD_Levo

Jul 21, 2022
San Diego, CA
So to double and triple confirm... Levociraptor 2.0 will continue to work after 8.1.5 update?

The recommendation is to unplug Levociraptor first, update the bike through the MC app, then reconnect it?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles