Levo Gen 3 Official Specialized Gen 3 2022 Levo Megathread!

ghost48

Jan 25, 2019
Germany
I have a similar issue with my S3 at 176cm, but I'm not sure if it's actually a problem. When I ride standing, my center of gravity is completely balanced over the pedals and I can grip the handlebars relatively loosely (I have long arms). This allows a very agile and playful driving style in most situations. At the same time, if I need extra pressure on the front wheel, I have to shift my center of gravity towards the handlebars, which causes an unsafe feeling in some situations. With a bigger bike I would probably have constant pressure on my arms and I don't know if that would necessarily be better.
You could try to use a longer stem. Which puts more pressure over the bar and put more pressure on your bar.

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
I may have gone the other way and oversized. For the past 3yrs I've ridden a VLT sight L with a 470 reach. I'm 188cm and it feels a touch small but I've made it work. I've now got the s5 in the Levo and it feels a touch long, when I first get on it feels sweet but after about 30mins it feels like I'm putting too much pressure on my hands in a neutral riding position. Descending it's fine in the attack position but as I ride to and from the trails there is a lot of neutral position riding which starts to feel uncomfortable through my hands . Not sure if a 35mm stem will fix it or I need a higher rise bar than stock.

Mydriaze

Jul 7, 2019
France
what bike stand is this?

The official one: Specialized Killian bike stand. My LBS offers it to me when I entered the shop and asked for bike stand recommandation. To be honest, I let him 20 euros for this, even if he didn't want it.

1649177646781.png

durask

Apr 4, 2022
Massachusetts, USA
I see. It shouldn’t have S sizing then

setting to low position might help a little bit. But like @notes mentioned, it could be your technique.

You are right it is M. What happened is that I tried an S2 which was obviously too small and then I got the "next size up" which was actually last year's M model. For some reason it registered in my mind as S3 :)

durask

Apr 4, 2022
Massachusetts, USA
I have a similar issue with my S3 at 176cm, but I'm not sure if it's actually a problem. When I ride standing, my center of gravity is completely balanced over the pedals and I can grip the handlebars relatively loosely (I have long arms). This allows a very agile and playful driving style in most situations. At the same time, if I need extra pressure on the front wheel, I have to shift my center of gravity towards the handlebars, which causes an unsafe feeling in some situations. With a bigger bike I would probably have constant pressure on my arms and I don't know if that would necessarily be better.

Well, I just got Specialized Enduro regular bike and I got it in S4 size. Granted, geometry is different, but personally I feel much better on S4. With S4 Enduro I do not get this "oh s**t" feeling that I often get with my M size Levo when descending. Yeah it feels big but I am ok with that.

durask

Apr 4, 2022
Massachusetts, USA
If it’s a 2020 it must be an M, a friend of mine had the same problem.
If flip chip to low doesn’t solve the problem, keep it in high and put a 27,5 wheel at the back it will change drastically your ride and head angle and no more OTB feeling, even if posts on technic are naturally right.

Wow, that's definitely something to consider, haven't even thought about it.

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
san francisco, california
Well, I just got Specialized Enduro regular bike and I got it in S4 size. Granted, geometry is different, but personally I feel much better on S4. With S4 Enduro I do not get this "oh s**t" feeling that I often get with my M size Levo when descending. Yeah it feels big but I am ok with that.
S sizing bikes will have the longer reach and will have more slack which makes the bike feel more stable and more confident in the steeps. Seat height doesn't change much between the sizes

1649180644932.png

BikeParkLevo

Jan 12, 2022
Germany
Hi, I would like to modify the Levo Comp Rhythm 36 160mm with the Marzocchi coil kit? Which spring should I buy? Weight 90kg with water backpack etc plus extra weight of the ebike, do I go with the extrafirm yellow spring? 🤔

View attachment 84390

Hey Dude, you need to buy the green one, got the same with 85kg and 170mm Travel and it´s awesome.
You can install the Grip2 Damper as well -> best Fork ever... Check out my Post/Bike, Riding this since day one on the new levo

BikeParkLevo

Jan 12, 2022
Germany
TurboLevo.jpg

Hey Everybody,

after 3 Months riding the new Levo in Full Coil Freeride Setup i just can say -> WOW!
Best Freeride Monster i have ever riden!!!

Bikepark -> CHECK
Hometrails -> CHECK
Freeride Trails -> CHECK

BUT you need good & heavy Rims (NEWMEN EG35 with Industry Nine Hubs) and Cushcore + DH Casting Tires to handle that Monster on full Speed!

The Öhlins TTX22 is a perfect Match for that Bike (550lbs Spring by 84kg Rider weight) matched with the right fork!
-> Marzocchi Coil 170mm with Grip2 Damper from a Fox 36 -> FOXZOCCHI COIL Grip 2

I fucking love this 24kg Freeride Monster!
One (E)BIKE fits it all -> everyday Bike...

Greets from Germany

finnishrider

Apr 6, 2022
Finland
View attachment 85522
Hey Everybody,

after 3 Months riding the new Levo in Full Coil Freeride Setup i just can say -> WOW!
Best Freeride Monster i have ever riden!!!

Bikepark -> CHECK
Hometrails -> CHECK
Freeride Trails -> CHECK

BUT you need good & heavy Rims (NEWMEN EG35 with Industry Nine Hubs) and Cushcore + DH Casting Tires to handle that Monster on full Speed!

The Öhlins TTX22 is a perfect Match for that Bike (550lbs Spring by 84kg Rider weight) matched with the right fork!
-> Marzocchi Coil 170mm with Grip2 Damper from a Fox 36 -> FOXZOCCHI COIL Grip 2

I fucking love this 24kg Freeride Monster!
One (E)BIKE fits it all -> everyday Bike...

Greets from Germany
Thanks for the post. Would you like to tell what is the shock size you chose to your bike? Also have you painted the öhlins black in this picture? Looks like a very capable setup you have there!

Is that bike also comp carbon? How do you like the carbon frame?

BikeParkLevo

Jan 12, 2022
Germany
Thanks for the post. Would you like to tell what is the shock size you chose to your bike? Also have you painted the öhlins black in this picture? Looks like a very capable setup you have there!

Is that bike also comp carbon? How do you like the carbon frame?
Hey Dude,

first of all i really love the carbon frame in S4, and i did not buy the comp carbon version, this was a crash replacement of my levo Gen2 Frame,
lucky me :cool:

Shock Size is 210x55mm and the Spring is a special German EIBACH LIGHT Spring for the TTX22M,
because i don´t like the yellow Öhlins Springs -> bad paint quality in my eyes and yellow :sick:

zorro77

Apr 13, 2021
Italy
Hey Dude, you need to buy the green one, got the same with 85kg and 170mm Travel and it´s awesome.
You can install the Grip2 Damper as well -> best Fork ever... Check out my Post/Bike, Riding this since day one on the new levo
hello, I'm still waiting for the bike unfortunately. I'm waiting for Levo Alloy, S3 then 24/25 kg + 85 kg + water backpack etc. they recommended the yellow spring and I took that one, I hope it's not too hard. Shock absorber this time I wanted to try a Kitsuma Air, it seems very good to me, I'll try it with shockwiz. Congratulations on your bike, it is truly beautiful

finnishrider

Apr 6, 2022
Finland
Hey Dude,

first of all i really love the carbon frame in S4, and i did not buy the comp carbon version, this was a crash replacement of my levo Gen2 Frame,
lucky me :cool:

Shock Size is 210x55mm and the Spring is a special German EIBACH LIGHT Spring for the TTX22M,
because i don´t like the yellow Öhlins Springs -> bad paint quality in my eyes and yellow :sick:

Can you send me a link where to buy EIBACH light springs. Could only see automotive springs from them. Thanks dude!

BikeParkLevo

Jan 12, 2022
Germany
Can you send me a link where to buy EIBACH light springs. Could only see automotive springs from them. Thanks dude!

In Germany we order our Stuff @MRC Trading, but i´m pretty sure you will find a supplier in every country.
Greets

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
Anyone lost their battery door. Just came back from a quick blast and the door is gone. Doesn't look like it's broken it just looks like it's fallen off.

16496614392607046997985209268183.jpg

16496615852889188402820738153198.jpg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Anyone lost their battery door.
April 4th - 2021 was the first documented one, about 10 days after release ..

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
Thanks, I've now started trawling the forums. Going to be pissed if this is going to cost me a bit. What a shit design, my norco has a rubber bung and it's never fallen out in 3 years and is the most basic design

finnishrider

Apr 6, 2022
Finland
I am trying purchase Öhlins rear shock to my Levo but the dealer keeps asking me this question:

"What is the width of attachment and bolt holes?" Does anyone know these dimensions?
Öhlins said that they need this information in order to complete the order.

Edit: I dont have the bike yet so I cant measure that in advance

James_MTB

Jan 15, 2018
Thanks, I've now started trawling the forums. Going to be pissed if this is going to cost me a bit. What a shit design, my norco has a rubber bung and it's never fallen out in 3 years and is the most basic design
I got a new one under warranty. Easy to swap out.

Reactions: iXi

James_MTB

Jan 15, 2018
I am trying purchase Öhlins rear shock to my Levo but the dealer keeps asking me this question:

"What is the width of attachment and bolt holes?" Does anyone know these dimensions?
Öhlins said that they need this information in order to complete the order.

Edit: I dont have the bike yet so I cant measure that in advance
I've just fitted an Ohlins ttx

You need 8mm ID x 20mm (that's from the Levo manual) and plus a 1/2" DU in the bottom.
IMG_0967.jpg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
There's supposed to be a replacement design, but this doesn't seem to have appeared.

In the meantime, most people seem to have managed to obtain a replacement under warranty. Possibly contact specialized rider care if you have any problems.

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
san francisco, california
Anyone lost their battery door. Just came back from a quick blast and the door is gone. Doesn't look like it's broken it just looks like it's fallen off.

View attachment 85816

View attachment 85817
Specialized replaced 3 already for me. They send it with the bash guard as well. Also replaced the wiring harness because the latch broke. Flawed design indeed.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles