Levo Gen 3 Official Specialized Gen 3 2022 Levo Megathread!

beutelfuchs

Aug 11, 2019
Barcelona
Here we go mates. 1st ride, love after the first trail!

1622916553509.png

1622916568398.png

Stone0207

Mar 9, 2019
Roedermark
Use a 3mm for the LSC and a 6mm for the HSC. The HSR is a dial located at the rear of the shock.
Nope. The x2 on the expert does not have the red hsr dial as well as it does not have the hsc tuneability.
But hey...who cares. Two things less to fiddle around with?I am sure that it will take long enough to get everything dialed in anyway

btw... I am not too familiar: are all rear shox on all spech bikes rx tuned? If so I would trust them to be very well set up for the bike and that it won t hurt too much that you cannot adjust hsr and hsc ??‍♂️

Last edited:

toublanc

May 18, 2021
Poland
Only for the Factory series

Actually the same adjusters are also present for Performance Elite. Levo Expert has a Performance Elite forks, but the shock is a more basic Performance line. HSC and HSR are not there unfortunately. It is what it is - the bike is still super great ?

toublanc

May 18, 2021
Poland
I think there is no X2 performance elite, even as an OEM. correct me if I am wrong

Can’t say for sure. On one hand Specialized website lists Fox Float X2 Performance Elite for Expert, on the other - the dials are missing. It can be a typo on a website, but maybe Performance Elite shock is not “no kashima Factory line”.

Stone0207

Mar 9, 2019
Roedermark
but maybe Performance Elite shock is not “no kashima Factory line”.
That is what I think as well.
What does the stickers say on your shock itself? Attached is a DPX2 2019 which is elite and also does not have hsr and hsc ....anyway.. if the bike rocks it really doesn t matter

B315D1C3-DC90-4F7F-8C2F-3321E4837DAE.jpeg

Paolone

Jul 20, 2019
Italia
Non ho idea di quanto pesi, ma immagino che la differenza di peso da Pro a Expert sia quasi trascurabile. Le ruote, il manubrio e il reggisella Fox in carbonio potrebbero ridurre i 200-300 g, ma questo è tutto. Se decidi di andare con la versione Pro otterrai componenti premium (sospensioni di fabbrica e ruote in carbonio) ma questo è tutto. Le e-bike non sono necessariamente per i piccoli di peso :).

Per fare un confronto ho il Niner Air 9 Carbon completamente rigido (sotto i 9 kg), il Santa Cruz Nomad con specifica X01 (13,5 kg) e il Levo 2022. Devo assolutamente imparare a fare il bunny hop o manualmente con il peso aggiunto di Levo, ma in pista o una scia di chilogrammi in più semplicemente scompare.

Compra quello che ti piace e quello che puoi permetterti. È un'ottima bici senza dubbio.

PS. Quasi dimenticavo il fattore più importante: la disponibilità :). Ero sul mercato per il Pro, ma non mi dispiace risparmiare $ 2k e 3 mesi di attesa.
[/CITAZIONE]

you've been kind ! The fact is that coming from the second generation Levo (weight 22kg with 500 battery) I would not want to increase the weight and find myself with a bicycle similar to the old Kenevo that I have used for 10 months ... I have done two years of racing with Nomad4 in Italy and still I used to use Nomad tre ... levo 2 is the only eBike I have tried to give me the feeling of a "bicycle" on the descent ... I hate having something awkward and slow on the descent

James_MTB

Jan 15, 2018
Swapped out the specialized tires to magic marys. I wasn't impressed with them on the wet roots.

Fitted Tannus Armor inserts, now running 18 psi front and 21 psi rear.

IMG_0279.JPG
IMG_0284.JPG

Got this error today whilst pedaling a flat section.

Had to switch off and on! I'm on motor firmware 7.4.2 @Specialized Rider Care any thoughts?

IMG_0288.JPG
IMG_0289.PNG

ruppia

Dec 14, 2020
Italy
Sometimes i have E144 error…
MC said water inside motor. Restart and always gone.
i ask my dealer that had no clue

beutelfuchs

Aug 11, 2019
Barcelona
Did somebody check the mission control app for firmware updates? To me it says there is an update but it has to be done by the dealer. Istn´t that weird given the new TCU should support updates through the user?

1623094315605.png

AKAKTM

Apr 23, 2020
Santa Clarita, CA
Just finished up the dialing-in and customizing the Levo Pro. Have two rides on it coming off a Rail, Levo SL and Levo Expert before that. I'm loving the S4 Pro so far. Corners well and rides smaller than the wheelbase would indicate. I found my Rail to be more comfortable and easier to ride hard than the Gen 2 Levo and this one may even be better. I'll know in a few more rides. I do wish I could get the limiter to 24mph or so. Too easy to hit the 19mph cut off!
IMG_2839.jpg
IMG_2835.jpg

toublanc

May 18, 2021
Poland
Just finished up the dialing-in and customizing the Levo Pro. Have two rides on it coming off a Rail, Levo SL and Levo Expert before that. I'm loving the S4 Pro so far. Corners well and rides smaller than the wheelbase would indicate. I found my Rail to be more comfortable and easier to ride hard than the Gen 2 Levo and this one may even be better. I'll know in a few more rides. I do wish I could get the limiter to 24mph or so. Too easy to hit the 19mph cut off!
View attachment 63648 View attachment 63646

Bling, bling! Great looking bike, congrats.

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Did somebody check the mission control app for firmware updates? To me it says there is an update but it has to be done by the dealer. Istn´t that weird given the new TCU should support updates through the user?

View attachment 63632
Please, read this thread

beutelfuchs

Aug 11, 2019
Barcelona
Thanks, unfortunately that doesn´t seem to be my issue. RC reported it as fixed already last Friday. That was even before I tried it fot the first time.

Ray_c_au

Mar 30, 2021
Melbourne, Australia
View attachment 63648 View attachment 63646
What frame protection is that? Did you leave the existing down tube tape in place and go over it?

Four Flusher

Jun 24, 2019
Reno
Used Ridewrap. On both this and another bike I have Ridewrapped, I left the factory down tube protection on and did not replace it with the Ridewrap.
I should receive Ridewrap for my Expert later today. I contacted Ridewrap about dealing with the existing factory film on the down tube and seat tube. They suggested removing it but I'm not sure that I want to do that. How did you work around the factory film?

sometimesjoe

Mar 17, 2021
SF Bay Area, Ca
I should receive Ridewrap for my Expert later today. I contacted Ridewrap about dealing with the existing factory film on the down tube and seat tube. They suggested removing it but I'm not sure that I want to do that. How did you work around the factory film?
I left mine on. I see it as more protection but it’s going to look messy on the rear triangle or anywhere the existing film is. I just use my heat gun to make the Ridewrap pliable around the existing film. Seat tube is easy. I have some air bubbles along the down tube film edges but not too noticeable. I’m ok with it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles