Other Brose 2.1/2.2 firmware update problem (Levo/Kenevo)

jbodnar

Patreon
Subscriber
Nov 23, 2019
California
I’m wondering if this is an issue with the way Specialized stores bike data in the account…

Previously, I noticed after deleting my data/app from my iPhone 11 that both my bike settings came back after I “re-added” them (not sure if the bike name is stored in the tcu)…I remember changing the names when I originally added them.

Specialized Rider Care

Official Specialized
Subscriber
Official Specialized
Jul 12, 2018
We are all having this same issue, is there a fix coming? Do we need to do anything?

Thanks
We believe this to be caused by a configuration issue based on how we save what firmware is installed on an individual bike. This has been fixed and now believe the cashed data is not refreshing.

Hard closing the app should be all that's required to remove the pop-up and refresh data. However many reports say users have hard closed, logged out, and reinstalled and still see the pop-up so we are investigating with a few users.

Working on a solution.

Thanks, Specialized Team.

seveneleven

Jun 10, 2019
Germany
... we are investigating with a few users.

In my case it was never possible to update my Levo (MY 2019) with the app - regardless which version. I always receive the message that I should visit my dealer. I did everything mentioned in the thread like log out, rebooting, reinstalling etc. any further ideas or should I just wait (and hope)? ?

Thanks!

WheelyBob

Dec 17, 2020
Germany
+1
Have a Turbo Levo Comp 2020, previous OTA updates worked well till latest update of Mission Control App (iPhone Version).
Have this popup bug now. Tried to hard close the app, log out + log in but still see the popup.

brogan24

Nov 4, 2020
Staffordshire
I have the latest firmware on my Levo sl and before the app updated a few days ago I could see all my firmware versions, since the app has updated I get the pop up message no matter what I do. So it does look like a app issue after it was updated on my Apple device.

jbodnar

Patreon
Subscriber
Nov 23, 2019
California
Besides deleting MC from my iPhone‘s storage…deleting the SL from my MC IOS app and re-adding it back didn’t help…

I‘m curious, has anyone using the latest IOS version 14.6 been able to fix this issue?

E759

Jan 20, 2021
West Sussex, UK
Running iOS 14.6
Logged out of MC
Deleted MC & data
Installed MC
Created new account in MC
Verified new account @spesh.com
Finalised new account in MC
Added bike to MC
Diagnosis -> Device updates....

And still the dreaded pop-up appears telling me to take my Levo SL back to the dealer.

sqter72

May 27, 2021
POLAND
I don't know what happened but today I tried to uninstall and reinstall mission control and everything works fine, just done ,maybe the spec did his job :)

E759

Jan 20, 2021
West Sussex, UK
Just had a look, and without doing anything, MC is now showing current and latest firmware. The pop-up has gone. It is no more.

As a bonus, it now seems there is a new SL Range Extender battery release that wasn't available last week when I had the battery/motor/display updated in the shop...

Specialized Rider Care

Official Specialized
Subscriber
Official Specialized
Jul 12, 2018
We believe this to be caused by a configuration issue based on how we save what firmware is installed on an individual bike. This has been fixed and now believe the cashed data is not refreshing.

Hard closing the app should be all that's required to remove the pop-up and refresh data. However many reports say users have hard closed, logged out, and reinstalled and still see the pop-up so we are investigating with a few users.

Working on a solution.

Hi all,

Quick update to say the firmware update pop-up bug has now been resolved. (no app update required)

Thanks for your patience.

Happy Riding :)

beutelfuchs

Aug 11, 2019
Barcelona
Hi @Specialized Rider Care

I have the issue until today with my new gen3 Levo. If I connect MC to my Kenevo all works fine.
Any ideas?
Thank you

1623157087820.png

Specialized Rider Care

Official Specialized
Subscriber
Official Specialized
Jul 12, 2018
Hi @Specialized Rider Care

I have the issue until today with my new gen3 Levo. If I connect MC to my Kenevo all works fine.
Any ideas?
Thank you

View attachment 63671

Hey @beutelfuchs,

Thanks for the name check, unfortunately we are seeing this continued issue on Levo gen 3 with TCU MasterMind.

There is a fix in the works. We will be posting a full update shortly on the forum.

We can confirm there are no updates available for the Levo gen 3 since the launch date, so please ignore until the fix is released via Mission Control update.

Apologies for this experience.

Specialized Rider Care

Official Specialized
Subscriber
Official Specialized
Jul 12, 2018
RELEASE OF MISSION CONTROL 2.6.1 - bug fix for firmware pop-up

Hey all,

Yesterday we released the latest version of Mission Control 2.6.1. This version brings a number of small bug fixes but most importantly a bug fix for the firmware pop-up users were seeing directly them to go to their retailers.

I can see a few of you have already installed and no longer see the pop-up, so good news.

Thanks for your patience and for helping out to resolve this issue.

Happy riding into the weekend :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles