Kenevo Gen1 Official 2020 Kenevo Owners Thread

wgr73

May 23, 2020
New Mexico
So I broke down and ordered a Kenevo, the Levo was just so much fun I had to have the Keveno as well!

My question is: I ordered the Kenevo expert. Would you guys remove the triple clamp boxxer and put a Fox 38 in its place? I have the Fox 38 here on my Levo, but this thing is SO plush and HUGE that I feel it may be better suited on the Kenevo. Looking for your opinions on what fork is better?

6'3 290lbs

Tbar

Aug 18, 2019
Germany
So I broke down and ordered a Kenevo, the Levo was just so much fun I had to have the Keveno as well!

My question is: I ordered the Kenevo expert. Would you guys remove the triple clamp boxxer and put a Fox 38 in its place? I have the Fox 38 here on my Levo, but this thing is SO plush and HUGE that I feel it may be better suited on the Kenevo. Looking for your opinions on what fork is better?

6'3 290lbs

I’d certainly give it a go if had the 38 available. I do really enjoy the Boxxer and the directness of a dual crown fork but the turning radius (or lack of) can get annoying in certain situations.

Zero

Auto WARNING : Possible Duplicate user : "Fx1"
Apr 15, 2020
Midlands

6'3 290lbs
What is the 38 travel?

I'd keep the boxer and put a 2.1 damper in it for £260.

I've ordered the upgrade will fit next week hopefully.

wgr73

May 23, 2020
New Mexico
I’d certainly give it a go if had the 38 available. I do really enjoy the Boxxer and the directness of a dual crown fork but the turning radius (or lack of) can get annoying in certain situations.

Gotcha ok, that was kind of my thinking. Would you guys trust using the swat tool on the Kenevo to hold the head tube in? I'm not going to be doing bit hits or anything at my size but I love how easy the swat tool installs (no star nut!)

What is the 38 travel?

I'd keep the boxer and put a 2.1 damper in it for £260.

I've ordered the upgrade will fit next week hopefully.

The 38 travel is 170mm (didn't wanna over do the Levo). Hmm I'll have a look at that. The size of the 38 stanchions REALLY impress me, gives a ton of confidence.

Zero

Apr 15, 2020
Midlands
Gotcha ok, that was kind of my thinking. Would you guys trust using the swat tool on the Kenevo to hold the head tube in? I'm not going to be doing bit hits or anything at my size but I love how easy the swat tool installs (no star nut!)

The 38 travel is 170mm (didn't wanna over do the Levo). Hmm I'll have a look at that. The size of the 38 stanchions REALLY impress me, gives a ton of confidence.
I'd rather stay 180mm. Keep the geo as intended.

Either that or go fox 40.

Don't see the point in making a kenevo more like a levo

wgr73

May 23, 2020
New Mexico
I definitely don't want to change the geo. Darn, I guess I may buy the 40...

Can the Boxxer compare to the Fox 40? Seems like the 40 is just so much more beefy.

Zero

Apr 15, 2020
Midlands
I definitely don't want to change the geo. Darn, I guess I may buy the 40...

Can the Boxxer compare to the Fox 40? Seems like the 40 is just so much more beefy.
Well you are a big rider and they say the 40 is more suited to big riders. But realistically I'm not sure what you would gain for the insane cost.

Boxxers still win the world Cup. Just need to upgrade the damper. Then you have a boxxer ultimate.

I really like the dual crown boxxer. The turning circle is bigger but who cares about that. It has zero effect on normal riding including tight trails

Spagnol

May 2, 2019
Italy
I'm 260 myself ... do not upgrade to 2.1 damper , unless you are going to tune it . The compression is too light for you .

I'm loving the boxxer the way it is ... think about something for the rear instead because a 650 spring will not do the job ... I have tune it and still too light for my weight

Zero

Apr 15, 2020
Midlands
I'm 260 myself ... do not upgrade to 2.1 damper , unless you are going to tune it . The compression is too light for you .

I'm loving the boxxer the way it is ... think about something for the rear instead because a 650 spring will not do the job ... I have tune it and still too light for my weight
You can change the shim stacks inside. Im guessing asking SRAM they will tell you what order to put the shims in. I think it comes with a medium tune as standard

Spagnol

May 2, 2019
Italy
You can change the shim stacks inside. Im guessing asking SRAM they will tell you what order to put the shims in. I think it comes with a medium tune as standard

I already tuned it ... but still bottom out on some drops and rocks garden ... not as bad as before though . But I'm under 270 gear up ... if he is 290 he will need a 750 spring if not more.

Zero

Apr 15, 2020
Midlands
I already tuned it ... but still bottom out on some drops and rocks garden ... not as bad as before though . But I'm under 270 gear up ... if he is 290 he will need a 750 spring if not more.
What does the spring have to do with the boxer?

Spagnol

May 2, 2019
Italy
Yes. But an FS bike has suspension at two ends and rather than being a linear arse, he offered the whole package of help. Front and rear.

Yes ... what I'm telling him is not look to much into the fork and instead focus on the rear as the shock will not hold his weight ... I put a Number "750" just as a guess ... rockshox coils arrive to 650, I had seen some 700 titanium ... but never a 750 to be honest ... I'm pretty sure he will need to go air on the rear .

The damper 2.1 is not suited for heavy riders without proper tuning, so for me suggesting it to a 290 lbs dude is insane without telling him that he will need to tune it from the very beginning .

I'm about 270 gear up and the boxxer is doing a great job at 165 psi and 3 tokens

Zero

Apr 15, 2020
Midlands
I stuck my nose in because you complained that @Spagnol "de-railed" the thread. When he hadn't. So I stuck my nose in to explain that what he said was completely relevant, whereas what you've said so far .. is unfortunately .. de-railing with total bunk ! as erm, usual .. anyway .. bye bye ..
No I didn't. Are you seeing things that are not there?

It got confusing because half way in the conversation spag mentioned springs. There is also a debonair upgrade for the airspring which I wanted to be sure he wasn't referencing with the upgrade to the boxxer.

Thanks for coming in and making this so hard work.

wgr73

May 23, 2020
New Mexico
Shoot I’m sorry guys!! I didn’t mean to cause issues ?

I’m new to this bike so I just wanted to get some feedback! Thanks a ton for it, I appreciate it. I’m going to do some reading.

Zero

Apr 15, 2020
Midlands
Thank you very much
Coming back the bike. How have you managed with shocks before as 130kg is usually beyond the weight most shocks function correctly. I don't think I have even seen a 700lb spring let alone a 750.

wgr73

May 23, 2020
New Mexico
Coming back the bike. How have you managed with shocks before as 130kg is usually beyond the weight most shocks function correctly. I don't think I have even seen a 700lb spring let alone a 750.

I haven't really. Most I got was a 650lb spring, which is plush, but definitely not Kenevo jump style worthy

Zero

Apr 15, 2020
Midlands
I haven't really. Most I got was a 650lb spring, which is plush, but definitely not Kenevo jump style worthy
I bet air is also a problem as with that kind of pressure the small bump would suck. Most are not rated for that kind of weight. I suppose you can always have a custom spring made.

wgr73

May 23, 2020
New Mexico
Very true, air isn't any better. I like the way air feels with less air in it for plushness, but once I add a lot of air I feel like I am going to bust a seal if I hit a heavy drop

Zero

Apr 15, 2020
Midlands
Well i solved an insanely annoying creaking when turning in an S pattern.

Turns out the bolt which attaches the shock to the rear triangle was creaking from flexing of the back of the bike.

Loosened it off and then blue locktighted it in just firmly torqued but not over tight.

Now just got to work out where the rattle clatter sound comes from on the front end... sigh

Ameiza

Oct 8, 2019
Norway
Update to my Mullet project.
Just installed Michelin Wild Enduro 2.4. Clearance is ....hmmm. enough. Not for a mud ride, but good for other rides.

Hope the steering stays as precise as with 2.3 size tyre...tire...what ever.

Mcharza, do you have any updates on how it rides with the Wild Enduro 2.4? This could be my preferred tire (I have it on my analog enduro bike).
Issues with the clearance? steering precision still good? I have a syncros fender on my Z1, which I think is pretty flush to the fork brace, so I should have the maximum available clearance.

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Mcharza, do you have any updates on how it rides with the Wild Enduro 2.4? This could be my preferred tire (I have it on my analog enduro bike).
Issues with the clearance? steering precision still good? I have a syncros fender on my Z1, which I think is pretty flush to the fork brace, so I should have the maximum available clearance.
I have to cut the fender front away. With Wild Enduro 2.4 the clearance is quite minimum. So no mud riding with that setup.
But riding is good and steering precise, I like.

Maybe have to look new 29" lower legs to Marzocchi Z1 fork, because not going back to 27,5"

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey

6'3 290lbs
Late to this convo but I reckon a 38 on a Kenevo would be a killer combo, burly front end whilst maintaining the manoeuvrability and weight advantages of not having the dual crown. If nothing else I would swap it over and try it out. Also you can get an OEM 700Lb SLS spring from Fox for their shocks, and there are a couple of third part options for rs.

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
Late to this convo but I reckon a 38 on a Kenevo would be a killer combo, burly front end whilst maintaining the manoeuvrability and weight advantages of not having the dual crown. If nothing else I would swap it over and try it out. Also you can get an OEM 700Lb SLS spring from Fox for their shocks, and there are a couple of third part options for rs.
Not much of a weight difference between the 38 and a Boxxer and with the reported cases of the new 38 CSU creaking from new it's not a great time to be doing Fox's development for them. In relation to the manoeuverability of dual crown forks....how often are you taking super slow corners that you are using full lock? Maybe in the car park an occasional three point turn but on the trail imo it's a non issue.

Zero

Apr 15, 2020
Midlands
Not much of a weight difference between the 38 and a Boxxer and with the reported cases of the new 38 CSU creaking from new it's not a great time to be doing Fox's development for them. In relation to the manoeuverability of dual crown forks....how often are you taking super slow corners that you are using full lock? Maybe in the car park an occasional three point turn but on the trail imo it's a non issue.
This is my view. Not a single trail switch back is tight enough a dual crown can't handle.

I'd never put a single crown on a bike which is supposed to have a dual crown. The boxxer is very nice to ride even with the crappy damper. The 2.1 should be even better.

Most importantly dual crown = cooler

Cooler = faster and increases ability x10

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Like I said, in my opinion, a Kenevo with a 38 would or the new RS Zeb would be a nice sweet spot between the two existing models. Dual crowns are great, but not for all riding and all trails, and a lot of the stuff I access they would cause problems particular accessing the trail on the climbs up.

@wgr73 asked for opinions, its mine that if you have a 38 to hand give it a try.

Zero

Apr 15, 2020
Midlands
Well I'm sure my bike is cursed.

2 faulty droppers leaking air.

Broke a spoke today and bent another on a stick. Nearly ripped off the derail with another stick but caught it in time.

2bliss dogshit rim tape should not be used ever. Completely flat after 10 min ride. Turns out its not even tape its just a rim strip. If it moves when installing you are knackered.

On the positive side the wild enduro are amazing with rimpact. 50% more grip in corners. Didn't think it was possible to get that kind of difference in performance.

Bike still slays though.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
2bliss dogshit rim tape should not be used ever. Completely flat after 10 min ride. Turns out its not even tape its just a rim strip. If it moves when installing you are knackered.
That’s weird as I never had a problem with the rim strip and I swapped out many different tires and never once had a leak. First time every time.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles