My Chinese frame and motor build. The CHEEB, V1.0 - Build Thread

Sheff73

Feb 13, 2021
UK
I didn't realise you could display voltage. I only have percentage displayed. How do I get voltage displayed please?

My bad! You can't see voltage unfortunately.. I was getting muddled up with my BBSHD display.
Voltage would be nice though, especially as my battery is 52V. The percentage shown on the display is not accurate, hence I have to convert the figure. For now I have a label stuck on the top tube with the conversion figures.

20211001_084349.jpg

ficorama

Oct 9, 2021
Croatia
Hello everyone. I ordered dengfu m10. please advice. which shock settings to choose? rebound compression tune and lockout force. thank you

mdlampe

Jul 4, 2021
uk
I’m going to mount the silent gear soon. But what if the gasket is gone…. Where do I find a new one😅
I used to make oil sump gaskets out of cork but it may be too thick. As this is not a pressurized seal a little bit of silicone or mastic would fix any splits and like mentioned above spray a little AFC-50 to help keep any moisture out.

ficorama

Oct 9, 2021
Croatia
50 miles 5000 ft climbing. And I still didn’t totally deplete it. BUT when it gets under 20% it’s as weak as anything basically you are on fart power at this point ?
range is great! I do about 45 km and 1700-1800 meters of altitude in 2 runs. somehow it's a small range compared to Rob's data. how it seems to me that it is up to the battery! i use m500 and 840wh battery

PerseverantOne

Aug 31, 2022
United States
OK, sort of a fess up here.

In true school boy error or in true theory not meeting reality, having measured out the 200mm shock in place in the frame and its clearance of 60mm between the seat tube and the cross bar between the top stays, one would think with a 57mm stroke you should have 3mm clearance. I thought having seen Patdams photos I had better check by letting all the air out ( I had only let 50% of the air out due to the piggy back arrangement on the DH5, where its not recommended by Fox to work the shock without pressure in it ) and seeing fully the suspension in operation. Previously with some air in, the cross piece missed by about 3mm, tick, but was that true full deflection ?
View attachment 50017

Allas its not quite true. With all the air fully out and total movement, its not so.The cross piece rotates by about 15 degrees as it goes through the 150mm range at the back, reducing as it does the theoretical clearance of 3mm to about 0.5mm. Is that enough ? Yes and no, get some mud on there and its going to be compressed.

OK how do we give it more clearance, an offset bush in the shock will give about 3mm at each end
View attachment 50020
So if you insist on using your 200mm shock as you have one sitting around as I did, then yes you can use a 200mm shock as long as its max 57mm travel, but to give yourself true mud clearance, then fit either a single offset bush or one either end to give you back an extra 3-6 mm of length and thus clearance.

Which leads nicely on to why I like the BB to be lower to terrafirma. I ride Whytes, love em, as they feel unlike virtually every other bike I have ridden, you are riding in the bike and not on the bike. Look at any Whyte and the ground clearance is always less than normal, its just one of their characteristics and once you have ridden one, its tough to ride a taller bike. Thus a shorter overall shock with comparative stroke, will give you a lower BB.
DO I need to get Two Offset bushings or do I get just one and if I get just one which end does the OFfset bushing need to be on. Also what size do I need I know it's 8mm Fork Dengfu E10v2 Frame. I plan to shave 4mm minimum off my Yoke, should I buy a pair of offset bushings or stock bottom bushing and only get the offset on the top? Trying to order the Offset Bushings from OFFSET now

PerseverantOne

Aug 31, 2022
United States
We've had a few orders for shock bushings for the E10, so I've just made a specific product for the bike on our site.

If you need shock bushings / hardware for the E10 you can find it here - Shock Bushings | Dengfu E10 Bafang

If you want offset bushings then it's just a case of noting the frame / shock models when ordering this Offset Bushings - Pair

Cheers guys!

Jeron @ Offset Bushings
In your experience with Dengfu E10v2 frames with someone trying to Mount a 8.5" x 2.5" Fox Factory Float X2 or Fox Factory Float DPX2. Do I need regular Bushing at the yoke and only 1 offset bushing at the top? If so how do I order the proper pair of bushings. I want to get this right the first time.

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
DO I need to get Two Offset bushings or do I get just one and if I get just one which end does the OFfset bushing need to be on. Also what size do I need I know it's 8mm Fork Dengfu E10v2 Frame. I plan to shave 4mm minimum off my Yoke, should I buy a pair of offset bushings or stock bottom bushing and only get the offset on the top? Trying to order the Offset Bushings from OFFSET now
Not sure why the need for such long travel at the rear, if you mullet the bike you get that nice head angle of about 64 degrees. Go the next step and fit a plush 170mm 29er fork set at about 30% sag with a relatively firm rear 55mm travel shock ( 25% sag % ), no offsets and you have a pretty nice bike to ride. How many motoX bikes do you see with equal travel front / rear, they have evolved over 50 years to that configuration as being the best.

The big question has to be asked, for all those with 170mm travel bikes, how often do you use the full travel ? I was always advised by suspension gurus far above my pay grade that you should use full travel at least twice on every ride, if you weren't then you are loosing rideability by having too high a COG.

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Not sure why the need for such long travel at the rear, if you mullet the bike you get that nice head angle of about 64 degrees. Go the next step and fit a plush 170mm 29er fork set at about 30% sag with a relatively firm rear 55mm travel shock ( 25% sag % ), no offsets and you have a pretty nice bike to ride. How many motoX bikes do you see with equal travel front / rear, they have evolved over 50 years to that configuration as being the best.

The big question has to be asked, for all those with 170mm travel bikes, how often do you use the full travel ? I was always advised by suspension gurus far above my pay grade that you should use full travel at least twice on every ride, if you weren't then you are loosing rideability by having too high a COG.
Personally, the goal of longer rear shock is not increase travel. but firstly compensate wheel diameter difference with 27.5 rear and 29 front and secondly to have BB height at 350mm at less.

On my XL with 27.5 / 29, 216 and 170 front, my fork angle is 63.5. How you does to mesure 64° with 27.5/29, 210 and 170 ?

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
29er front wheel on 170mm fork, exact degrees maybe a tad "approx" but as my and I suspect your inclinometer is +-0.1degrees then expect a bit of latitude. To be honest my lardy riding style would not be able to work out the difference between 1 degree let alone 0.5 degree head angle.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles