Lightcarbon LCE930 Custom Build - DV8

sandnap

Dec 23, 2023
Herriman, UT USA
@sandnap Hello, thanks for all videos
On your last one, you mention you find dropper post is not good compenant
am I right? and if it is right could you explain why this aliexpress compenant is not good?
thanks a lot
regards
You're welcome I hope the videos are helpful. The dropper post is great but the lever it came with was cheap so I replaced it with the lever below and now it works very well.

1000004010.png

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
Great to hear! I'm planning on ordering LCE971 and m560 750w after China Cycle next week. Just waiting and making sure they don't release something I might want 😁

Got my wheels already. Sadly mine has been damaged in shipping :/ I think it's only cosmetic scratches though. Mainly on spokes, small ones on wheels and big dent on the hub where the axle goes in. Don't think it has affect though.

Brakes have arrived, still need rotors for them though. Thinking of getting 203+ 180 Galfer 2.0mm Wave rotors. Don't think I need 203mm on the back so to save a little weight I'm thinking of 180mm.

Most of the tools, dropper post lever have also arrived. Battery is already coming and so is dropper post and powertrain. I went with a Microshift Advent 9-speed. I currently have 11-speed XT and many of those gears are totally useless for me.

Been struggling to choose the colors I want to paint the bike to 😅 can't seem to be able to choose if I want purple or green main color. Pretty sure I want gold+black accents with the main color.

One thing I'm wondering though is that what cable hose I should get for dropper post cable and shifter. There are so many to choose from and I don't have the experience to know between real benefits and marketing speak. Some cable hoses come pre-lubed/oiled and I've heard some bike mechanics recommend those.

Haven't made a final decision on fork+shock yet. I might choose some ok used parts to start with and later upgrade to Lyrik Ultimate with charger 3 + buttercups and Super Deluxe Ultimate.

Edit: My friend bought a new bike and has Zeb 170mm Charger 3 for sale that I could get for a decent price. Just thinking how the LCE971 frame behavior changes as it's recommended for 150/160 fork. Plus Zeb is 300g heavier than lyrik 150mm.

Last edited:

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
Have you been happy with the Float x? How about 203mm rotor size? Wish you went with 220 or is 203 plenty enough?

What did you use as a cable housing for shifter cable and dropper cable?

sandnap

Dec 23, 2023
Herriman, UT USA
Have you been happy with the Float x? How about 203mm rotor size? Wish you went with 220 or is 203 plenty enough?

What did you use as a cable housing for shifter cable and dropper cable?
I am happy with the Float X and the brakes so far. At this point I wouldn't change anything! I ordered the cables from Amazon based on the number of reviews and ratings. They seem to be good and haven't cause problems yet. We'll see how everything holds up this season.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles