Lightcarbon LCE930 Custom Build - DV8

sandnap

Dec 23, 2023
Herriman, UT USA
My LCE930 Build is underway!

Thanks to Lightcarbon for providing such a well built frame! It looked flawless on the inside and outside.

PXL_20240123_003816205.jpg

The Components:

Screenshot_20240128-052446.png

The total build cost is 3117.89 USD including shipping, taxes, etc.. The anticipated weight is 19.47kg -> Actual weight is 19.77kg.

Part I, Paint is complete:

PXL_20240128_031018910.jpg

Watch me paint!

Part II, Assembly is complete:

Part III, Build review:

Last edited:

JimLee-Lightcarbon

Lightcarbon
Apr 15, 2022
Amoy

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
Did you buy components used? The frame+battery+motor probably cost like 2k so how did you get all of the rest for 1k? :eek:

sandnap

Dec 23, 2023
Herriman, UT USA
Did you buy components used? The frame+battery+motor probably cost like 2k so how did you get all of the rest for 1k? :eek:
The rear shock was a take off from a pivot shuttle with very few hours that I picked up for $180 shipped on pinkbike and the fork was a steal on sale at $340 (new) including shipping from Jenson USA. The rest of the parts are also new and came from aliexpress. Well, other than the rear brake rotor that I had on hand. Total spent on non-frame/motor/battery parts was just over $1300 USD.

Truly a budget build but everything feels solid so far. I am looking forward to dry single track so I can put it to the test. 😁

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
Yeah damn. Hoping I will find similar prices when I build my E82. Waiting for dengfu to release L/19" frame and bafang to re-release m560 750w. Im afraid I have to spend like 1k just to get wheels and fork.. hopefully bike parts keep discounted prices so I could find good deals.

sandnap

Dec 23, 2023
Herriman, UT USA
Do you @sandnap or @forsa355 have a weight of that wheelset? Seems like an attractive price on a decent wheelset. I'm just finding it hard to locate an accurate weight.
I regret not getting a decent scale and weighing the components before installing them. Based on my findings I came up with a combined 2.02kg. The Hayes built DUROC 35 wheels claim a combined 1.86kg.

Last edited:

sandnap

Dec 23, 2023
Herriman, UT USA

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
God damn those wheels seems like a killer deal!

Im quite new to biking etc but do you mind helping me out a little?

Edit: nvm the listing is for the whole set!

Edit #2: the wheels are with the old quick release axles and not thru axle?

I hadn't heard anything from that hub or brake brand. Reviews are also hard to find. Did you have prior experience with these brands? Now that you have them on the bike do you think the brakes are good quality brakes?

When I go to the seller site and press contact seller nothing happens. Not sure how to contact them.

Last edited:

sandnap

Dec 23, 2023
Herriman, UT USA
#2: the wheels are with the old quick release axles and not thru axle?

I hadn't heard anything from that hub or brake brand. Reviews are also hard to find. Did you have prior experience with these brands? Now that you have them on the bike do you think the brakes are good quality brakes?
Through axles front and rear to match the fork you buy and frame spec respectively.

The listing is a bit confusing, my selections can be seen in the image below.
1000003698.png

The cassette spline pattern of the hub you choose has to match the cassette you buy. I chose HG (Hyper Glide), the cassette in the above groupset is also HG.

I hadn't heard about the hubs or brakes either but I found several very positive reviews on the brakes on YouTube and the internet.

The brakes and hubs/wheels look and feel like great quality.

crustafur

Nov 22, 2023
Orlando, FL
DV8 Build part II, Assembly.

Overall the assembly of the bike went well. I will be creating a video covering the specifics soon. For now checkout the build video! Also, feel free to ask questions and I'll do my best to respond with useful answers.

View attachment 134051

Looks great! Did you do anything special with cable routing? I attempted to do the foam tubing between battery and underside of top of down tube and they were a super tight fit, eventually removed.

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
Okey awesome! Do you know if some standard brake rotors or pads fit these brakes? Wondering how hard is it to find brake pads in the future.

sandnap

Dec 23, 2023
Herriman, UT USA
Looks great! Did you do anything special with cable routing? I attempted to do the foam tubing between battery and underside of top of down tube and they were a super tight fit, eventually removed.
I considered it but also found it was too tight. Hopefully it's snug enough to prevent rattling. 🤞

sandnap

Dec 23, 2023
Herriman, UT USA
Okey awesome! Do you know if some standard brake rotors or pads fit these brakes? Wondering how hard is it to find brake pads in the future.
They work with the standard rotor widths and diameters (with adapters if necessary). The replacement pads can be bought from aliexpress and they are compatible with some Hope and Shimano brand models.

IIIPRO E4, M4, for M755 (Shimano), M756(Shimano), for Hope MONO M4, for Hope Te M4

Some have complained that the pads included (hybrid resin) are not great and recommend putting on scintered metal pads. Others say once you bed them they work great. I'll weigh in after I have had a chance to test them better.

Last edited:

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
They work with the standard rotor widths and diameters (with adapters if necessary). The replacement pads can be bought from aliexpress and they are compatible with some Hope and Shimano brand models.

IIIPRO E4, M4, for M755 (Shimano), M756(Shimano), for Hope MONO M4, for Hope Te M4

Some have complained that the pads included (hybrid resin) are not great and recommend putting on scintered metal pads. Others say once you bed them they work great. I'll weigh in after I have had a chance to test them better.
Awesome to hear! Yeah I think scintered have more power in general.

forsa355

Jan 31, 2023
Canada
These brakes are awesome for the price but the pads it comes with are pretty bad though. The brakes use Hope E4 pads, however you can get cheap metallic pads that fit on Aliexpress that work really well. If you order these brakes, order the metallic pads at the same time. Check out my post here for pics and links: CEF50 full carbon, Bafang M820 budget build thread

sandnap

Dec 23, 2023
Herriman, UT USA
These brakes are awesome for the price but the pads it comes with are pretty bad though. The brakes use Hope E4 pads, however you can get cheap metallic pads that fit on Aliexpress that work really well. If you order these brakes, order the metallic pads at the same time. Check out my post here for pics and links: CEF50 full carbon, Bafang M820 budget build thread
I have 4 pairs on hand ready to install if the stock pads don't perform which it sounds like is most likely. I have always preferred metallic pads. This is what I ordered. Edit: Looks like the same pads you ordered. I probably got the link from you!

Last edited:

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
@forsa355 @sandnap

Forsa, the aliexpress link to those rotors doesn't have 203 discs sadly, suggestions for another brand/seller?

Edit: Did you guys go for the boost hubs or non boost? I started biking like one year ago so quite new to all of this 😁

Edit2: what pm converters did you get? I'm planning to go for 203 discs most likely. The brakes are naturally for 160 I think.

Edit3: what kind of attachment tool is that thing to connect chainring to the cranks?

As I said above I'm planning to make my first diy build with Dengfu E82 19" L frame with Bafang M560 750w when both of those come available. Thank you so much for the help to both of you. I'm thinking of black matte finish on the frame and sprinkle a hint of green/purple/gold/blue (haven't chosen the color yet) with brake handles and some bolts etc.

Do eather of you know what kind of cranks fit the motor? Are they the same as for the m820 you are using? I'm hoping to get 160mm or 165mm cranks.

I'm planning to go with Microshift Advent 9 speed to maximize the durability and wear. Don't need more gears with throttle. I hear some good things from shimanos linkglide that's supposed to be 3x the durability but advent seems to be clear winner.

Also, do eather one of you have any clue what size of an seatpost or seatpost clamp I need for E82 frame?

Ps. Sorry my poor english, from Finland 😁

Last edited:

sandnap

Dec 23, 2023
Herriman, UT USA
Edit: Did you guys go for the boost hubs or non boost? I started biking like one year ago so quite new to all of this 😁
Boost, 148mm X 12mm rear, 110mm x 15mm front, both thru axle. Rear depends on what the frame is designed for and front depends on the fork you buy.
Edit2: what pm converters did you get? I'm planning to go for 203 discs most likely. The brakes are naturally for 160 I think.
I would be surprised if the frame is 160 naturally, 180mm seems more likely. If that's the case there are several options depending on whether it is an IS or PM mount. I couldn't find that information about the Dengfu E82. The answer will be revealed as more information about the frame becomes available.
Edit3: what kind of attachment tool is that thing to connect chainring to the cranks?
The M820 requires an ISIS 8 notch bottom bracket tool. I bought mine from Amazon in the US, I am not sure if the M560 is the same. Perhaps someone with more knowledge about the M560 can reply.
Do eather of you know what kind of cranks fit the motor? Are they the same as for the m820 you are using? I'm hoping to get 160mm or 165mm cranks.
I bought 152mm cranks from Amazon US. They are ISIS spec cranks compatible with some Yamaha, Bafang, Brose, & Bosch motors. There are a few different variations of interfaces though, I am not sure which the M560 uses, perhaps someone else can offer advice.
Also, do eather one of you have any clue what size of an seatpost or seatpost clamp I need for E82 frame?
I would be surprised if it isn't 31.6mm but then it's best to wait until more information about the frame becomes available.

Last edited:

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
@sandnap Oh btw! I saw you ordered the DTspoke version which seems to be quite a bit more expensive than the black or rainbow spoke versions. What is the DTspoke version? I couldn't find that info on the sale listing.

sandnap

Dec 23, 2023
Herriman, UT USA
@sandnap Oh btw! I saw you ordered the DTspoke version which seems to be quite a bit more expensive than the black or rainbow spoke versions. What is the DTspoke version? I couldn't find that info on the sale listing.
All hub color options include HT brand oil slick (rainbow) colored spokes by default.

The DTSpoke option comes with the black hub and black DT Swiss spokes instead. The pricing for the DTSpoke wheelset is the same as the other color options in the US.

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
All hub color options include HT brand oil slick (rainbow) colored spokes by default.

The DTSpoke option comes with the black hub and black DT Swiss spokes instead. The pricing for the DTSpoke wheelset is the same as the other color options in the US.
Oh that's interesting quite a big difference to me. Seen in the photos. However if I go to the same shops listing about the same wheel but boosted option and there you can choose black hub with black spokes for the same price 😅

Black hub R spokes
1000017254.jpg

DTSpokes
1000017256.jpg

And same shop boosted listing

1000017258.jpg
link to boosted listing 126.72£ 5% OFF|Koozer Xm490 Pro Boost Hub Mountain Wheelset 27.5 29 Inch Sunringle Duroc 30 35 40 Tubeless Rim Custom Made Rainbow Mtb Wheel - Bicycle Wheel - AliExpress

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles