M820 Bafang - LIGHTCARBON LCE930 Frame (lightweight)

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
LightCarbon_LCE930.jpg

Render of the new frame designed for the Bafang M820 lightweight motor.
Hopefully Lightcarbon can add info as the frame becomes realized.

- Full suspension mtb ebike frame

- 12*148mm boost thru-axle

- Bafang M820 mid drive engine

- Bafang BT F014 (410Wh) battery

- 185*55mm trunnion mount rear shock size

- 2 years quality warranty

Custom paint gallery from Lightcarbon:

Custom paint costs are:
Single color painting cost is USD$180 with one pantone color, add one color cost add USD$35.
if paint crystal effect, cost is USD$205/set with one color,

LightCarbon_LCE390.jpg
LC-LCE930.png

20230112163554_55623.jpg

GeoLCE930.png

Headset cups IS 52/52 straight or use an adapter for a tapered fork.

1674061458651.png

Last edited:

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
Mr. Lee says the medium frame will be available in March with the small and large following in May or later. He also says 40lbs or less is achievable with light wheels.

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
Yes but the DIY emtb market is very small. Not very many of us in the world. Company's have to invest a lot to make the molds so they are going to make the most popular first to get a return on their investment. Just good business.

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
Regarding the price, here it is:

Now cost of frame is USD$705,
Frame set including frame+ seat clamp+ head set+ rear thru-axle+hanger,
Color: UD matt, (painting customized is acceptable with extra cost.)
An Chainstay Protector and an extra hanger as gift,
Shipping cost accordin your address.
Motor M820+ BT F14 is about USD$1200,now cannot confirm it, the bafang company is in holiday now, also we have no supply it, but we can introduce you the bafang's agent.

I think it’s correct, we have to see with shipping costs and taxes. I’m interested! Even if I jave to wait a bit on my side before starting this project

Jan 2, 2023
Mallorca
Regarding the price, here it is:

Now cost of frame is USD$705,
Frame set including frame+ seat clamp+ head set+ rear thru-axle+hanger,
Color: UD matt, (painting customized is acceptable with extra cost.)
An Chainstay Protector and an extra hanger as gift,
Shipping cost accordin your address.
Motor M820+ BT F14 is about USD$1200,now cannot confirm it, the bafang company is in holiday now, also we have no supply it, but we can introduce you the bafang's agent.

I think it’s correct, we have to see with shipping costs and taxes. I’m interested! Even if I jave to wait a bit on my side before starting this project
Look at the link I gave for Motor.... there are 2-3 suppliers on Alibaba who will sell 1..... We don't know them so cannot vouch... But I'm sure if you get a convo. going with them yourself.. You'll soon suss them out....

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
They will not be stocking and supplying rear shocks because they have to import them and it would cost more to supply them than the customer getting them locally.

JimLee-Lightcarbon

Lightcarbon
Apr 15, 2022
Amoy
Hello everyone, jim is here!

In March, we will find a way to order and stock some M820 motor and battery kits for low-volume buyers, and now we are still negotiating with Bafang company, Bafang company will assemble two EMTB with our LCE930 frame in March for the exhibition.

In addition, we are also looking for reliable suppliers for the extended battery ( bottle cage battery). At present, it seems that with 21700 batteries, the maximum capacity can be 36V* 10.5ah,

In addition, in order to allow personal buyers and small quantuty buyers to get the frame faster, we are going to launch a group purchase plan. Because of the company's operating policy, we will supply the frame to batch customers in a limited amount, so I will submit an order for every 20 frames.

JimLee-Lightcarbon

Lightcarbon
Apr 15, 2022
Amoy
By the way, now only three sizes in plan, no size XL, because for a new carbon fiber frame, the cost of the mold is high, so only two or three sizes, and if someone request other size with a good quantity, we will consider make more, sorry for that.

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
Thanks for the news Jim. Congratulations on Bafang using your frames for display!
I look forward to further developments.

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
Hello everyone, jim is here!

In March, we will find a way to order and stock some M820 motor and battery kits for low-volume buyers, and now we are still negotiating with Bafang company, Bafang company will assemble two EMTB with our LCE930 frame in March for the exhibition.

In addition, we are also looking for reliable suppliers for the extended battery ( bottle cage battery). At present, it seems that with 21700 batteries, the maximum capacity can be 36V* 10.5ah,

In addition, in order to allow personal buyers and small quantuty buyers to get the frame faster, we are going to launch a group purchase plan. Because of the company's operating policy, we will supply the frame to batch customers in a limited amount, so I will submit an order for every 20 frames.
That’s great news!
Buying a kit with motor and battery would be awesome

borysgo2

Feb 1, 2023
Ireland
JimLee
A full frame kit + motor from one source would be very nice. Keep us updated. Thanks

I have made a simple drawing bellow, LCE930 frame + 180mm dropper post from OneUp. 200mm of insertion length is a bit low but 180mm dropper might fit OK.

Regards
Peter

LCE930 dropper post.png

JimLee-Lightcarbon

Lightcarbon
Apr 15, 2022
Amoy
JimLee
A full frame kit + motor from one source would be very nice. Keep us updated. Thanks

I have made a simple drawing bellow, LCE930 frame + 180mm dropper post from OneUp. 200mm of insertion length is a bit low but 180mm dropper might fit OK.

Regards
Peter

View attachment 105842
yes, The dropper seatpost we design is fit for 180mm, mot 200m, In fact, the design positioning of the LCE930 is an EMTB with all-terrain passing capability, rather than a heavy-duty EMTB. the travel's date is under enduro EMTB, it's all mountain, the drooper seat post 180mm is enough.,

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles