Lightcarbon LCE930 Custom Build - DV8

Mannolo9

Feb 13, 2024
France
No problem I am happy to answer questions. I just covered them with blue tape.
I got a question... i know the shock size should be 185x55, but in seems that the shock is to short for the upper anchor... so my question is, if i get the shock size 185x55 should i need some kind of adaptator, or i can assum thanh eventhough it seems more thiny is going to fit?

sandnap

Dec 23, 2023
Herriman, UT USA
I got a question... i know the shock size should be 185x55, but in seems that the shock is to short for the upper anchor... so my question is, if i get the shock size 185x55 should i need some kind of adaptator, or i can assum thanh eventhough it seems more thiny is going to fit?
You will need the lower bushings (M8 x 22.2mm) if your shock doesn't come with them but everything else is included. A 185x55 trunnion shock the correct length, no adapters required.

Mannolo9

Feb 13, 2024
France
You will need the lower bushings (M8 x 22.2mm) if your shock doesn't come with them but everything else is included. A 185x55 trunnion shock the correct length, no adapters required.
Thanks.. i already have the frame, motor and battery... the shock is the only missing, i just wanted to be sure i am taking the correct one.. thanks a lot for your comments

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
Thanks.. i already have the frame, motor and battery... the shock is the only missing, i just wanted to be sure i am taking the correct one.. thanks a lot for your comments
Check on rcz bikeshop, you have amazing deals on shocks. It can be long to be delivered tho, that’s the only issue.
Ans check the private codes or rcz bikeshop on this forum: RCZ Angebote [Achtung, unsicherer Shop]

Mannolo9

Feb 13, 2024
France
This is the one I got it!

78AD797D-A741-4435-8F9A-6A76E1C38EB2.jpeg

Mannolo9

Feb 13, 2024
France
You did not receive yet?
The picture shows a regilar shock, not a trunnion, I have exactle the same. On this size normally it’s just trunnion, no problem
Not yet, yes for the size is only trunnion… so, non an extra component needed for the upper hardware? Cause for the frame I just got two screws for the upper and another long one for the lower… is anything missing?

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
Not yet, yes for the size is only trunnion… so, non an extra component needed for the upper hardware? Cause for the frame I just got two screws for the upper and another long one for the lower… is anything missing?
You should be good, you only need the lower hardware.
Here is a pic:

camphoto_33463914.jpeg

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
Can I ask you what is that light mount you have and stem/handlebar combo?
I'm finally using LightCarbon handlebar (LightCarbon New Integrated Flat MTB Handlebar Suppliers,Manufacturers,Factories) which has an integrated mount for Garmin/Gopro and my light is from Aliexpress.
I was quite happy with the small one but this one has some issues, at full power, it's overheating and cutting.
This is this light : 16.1£ 35% de réduction|Enquêter avant LED 5000 lumens pour vélo, aste par USB, en alliage d'aluminium, éclairage de sauna, étanche, pour VTT, accessoires de cyclisme | AliExpress
The M5 version.
I also have a smaller one on my helmet for night riding with an home made lipo pack and it's working great.

Freda

Feb 5, 2023
Vaasa
I'm finally using LightCarbon handlebar (LightCarbon New Integrated Flat MTB Handlebar Suppliers,Manufacturers,Factories) which has an integrated mount for Garmin/Gopro and my light is from Aliexpress.
I was quite happy with the small one but this one has some issues, at full power, it's overheating and cutting.
This is this light : 16.1£ 35% de réduction|Enquêter avant LED 5000 lumens pour vélo, aste par USB, en alliage d'aluminium, éclairage de sauna, étanche, pour VTT, accessoires de cyclisme | AliExpress
The M5 version.
I also have a smaller one on my helmet for night riding with an home made lipo pack and it's working great.
Handlebar looks really nice!

What battery are you using for the light? Sounds like it is not getting enough amps maybe!?

ficorama

Oct 9, 2021
Croatia
The M5 version.
greeting. I bought an M5 lamp. she worked for about 20 minutes. then the 3 upper led stopped working. I took it in for repair, the electronics burned out, the led burned out. not really a quality.

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
greeting. I bought an M5 lamp. she worked for about 20 minutes. then the 3 upper led stopped working. I took it in for repair, the electronics burned out, the led burned out. not really a quality.
So I might have the same issue, I never had a feedback from Aliexpress seller ...
To be honest I'm not sure all the leds are working right now, after 2 complicated night rides, I've suspended my rides in the woods in dark night for now :D
I'm looking for a remplacement lamp, maybe the monteer 5000, which is sold at a decent price, light only

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
Handlebar looks really nice!

What battery are you using for the light? Sounds like it is not getting enough amps maybe!?
I'm using the bike internal battery, with a DC DC 12v converter, I think it's a 3A.
But it's really hard to find technical details about the M5 lamp, so maybe you're right it's not enough

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
I can try a 5a or 10a dc converter but they’re huge and fitting this in the frame is a nightmare!

Freda

Feb 5, 2023
Vaasa
I can try a 5a or 10a dc converter but they’re huge and fitting this in the frame is a nightmare!
I think I am using the same 3A converter, but my light is a 24W 12V work light.

Those leds in the M5 are 1,5A each so might be the problem. I was thinking about getting the same light but now I am not so sure!

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
I think I am using the same 3A converter, but my light is a 24W 12V work light.

Those leds in the M5 are 1,5A each so might be the problem. I was thinking about getting the same light but now I am not so sure!
I need to change this converter, not now for sure, but I will do it, for a more powerful one.

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
@sandnap have you been able ride more? If so how have the wheels, brakes and dropper post worked? Especially how does the brakes feel? Hows the lever feel? Do they grip to brakes fast (kinda like shimano levers) or do they have longer "slack" before they engage the brakes (like sram brakes)?

What width of rotors do you have on the bike? I'm thinking of getting 2.0mm thick rotors for the brakes so they stay straight better and to get better feel from the brakes.

I recently ordered the wheels and brakes we talked about earlier. The same as you. 😁
About to order the dropper and the lever for it but everyone has sold out of 170mm dropper..

sandnap

Dec 23, 2023
Herriman, UT USA
@sandnap have you been able ride more? If so how have the wheels, brakes and dropper post worked? Especially how does the brakes feel? Hows the lever feel? Do they grip to brakes fast (kinda like shimano levers) or do they have longer "slack" before they engage the brakes (like sram brakes)?

What width of rotors do you have on the bike? I'm thinking of getting 2.0mm thick rotors for the brakes so they stay straight better and to get better feel from the brakes.

I recently ordered the wheels and brakes we talked about earlier. The same as you. 😁
About to order the dropper and the lever for it but everyone has sold out of 170mm dropper..
I just got back from a 9 mile ride actually. I plan on putting up a video today or tomorrow.

The brakes are better than I am used to. I had to adapt to them with a lighter pull. The slack is adjustable so the left and right side are identical and just how I like them. My rotors are 2mm.

I replaced the dropper lever with a lever that has a bearing and now it works great. The rate it extends at is perfect and it stays where I put it. The dropper on my specialized extends so fast that it has caused me pain more than once.

So far so good with the wheels. I set them up as tubeless and they hold their pressure. I installed cushcore pros last week and still no issues.

sandnap

Dec 23, 2023
Herriman, UT USA
I was finally able to get a solid ride in today. I go over my impressions of the bike at the end of the video but overall I am very pleased with it. I am happy with all of my component choices, the geometry of the bike, and the power delivery of the Bafang M820. The ride was 9.7 miles with 974 feet of elevation gain and I used 37% of the battery on S+.

Last edited:

HiGrade

Founding Member
Feb 7, 2018
Bay Area, CA
I was finally able to get a solid ride in today. I go over my impressions of the bike at the end of the video but overall I am very pleased with it. I am happy with all of my component choices, the geometry of the bike, and the power delivery of the Bafang M820. The ride was 9.7 miles with 974 feet of elevation gain and I used 37% of the battery.

Congrats on the build! Big upgrade compared to the Freesky.

sandnap

Dec 23, 2023
Herriman, UT USA
Congrats on the build! Big upgrade compared to the Freesky.
Thanks! I am surprised how much I like my FreeSky with the Manitou fork, DNM shock and the drive upgrades, it's surprisingly plush. It's fun for plowing over rocky trails. The LCE930 is awesome though, it rides like a bike costing 3 times as much as I paid to build it. I am so excited to ride it this season. :love:

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
What kind of olives and oil needles are used with the brakes?

Btw.. any suggestions for bike specific tools I should get to prepare for the build? 😁 most of my tools are for construction and metal working.

I think I will get:
- the nut tool for the bafang lockring
- bleed kit
- cassette tools
- internal cable tools with magnets etc
- brake cable/olive nut tool
- the star nut tool for the fork (the part that goes inside the fork tube to fasten the headset)

At least those most likely. Not sure if some kind of headset press tool is needed to fit it to the frame or any other bike specific tools.

Screenshot_20240324_103823_AliExpress.jpg

Last edited:

sandnap

Dec 23, 2023
Herriman, UT USA
I am not entirely sure which olive/needle is required but from what I could see it looks like BH-59. I didn't have to cut either brake line so I could only see the olive and the end of the needle.

Your list of tools looks good. Having a chain whip tool to hold the chain ring while you tighten the lock ring is helpful. Other than that a torque wrench and a decent set of hex wrenches.
chainwhip.jpg

EDIT: Also a crank arm puller makes life a lot easier.
crankarmremover.jpg

The headset bearings can be easily installed by hand without the press tool.

Slaine

Apr 12, 2022
France
@sandnap Hello, thanks for all videos
On your last one, you mention you find dropper post is not good compenant
am I right? and if it is right could you explain why this aliexpress compenant is not good?
thanks a lot
regards

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles